Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dam has broken, it is time to call a spade a spade..

Kawhi is:

either (a) the softest and most cowardly superstar the game has ever seen (it might actually engender empathy if it is a deeply intricate mental issue).

or (b) a most calculating bas who is having a hand played on his behalf that's all about the future fortune he could rake in..

Duncan set the gold standard for the concept of a franchise player: it is unreachable-- a kind of utopia really..But to see Leonard fall flat on his face at the first hurdle has been quite shocking for me.

No matter how this turns out, I have already lost respect for this dude. He is not who I thought he was.
    Last edited by spursistan; 03-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have inched towards him being similar to Tiago Splitter, potential career ender if he never gets right. Tiago lost like 30 games with a sore calf and was on minutes restrictions. The following season he barely played a game and ended up with something like 19 games played in 2 years b4 retiring. He gave an interview where he mentioned the pain at times affected very simple daily activities like driving a car etc.
    I hope that's not Kiwi, but it has crossed my mind more than once.

No one knows of course. Teammates have had team meetings and they also don't know.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi doesn’t want to be here anymore, I wish him the best elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi is:

either (a) the softest and most cowardly superstar the game has ever seen (it might actually engender empathy if it is a deeply intricate mental issue).

or (b) a most calculating bas who is having a hand played on his behalf that's all about the future fortune he could rake in..
    yeah...if those are the only choices, it has to be "a".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't..

Pulling the most disgraceful bush league move on the most respected NBA franchise in the last 2 decades would be worthy of the collective " him" following him on on the way out..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead ing Wrong!! I just want to watch some classic Spurs and TD at this point. The with him. Trade him and rebuild..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Still can't believe the Spurs traded George Hill for Davis Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a . And he is not doing this on purpose because it makes zero sense. He is soft. He would be doing this on any team. He is not getting traded and turning into an iron man playing 82 games. SOFT!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a . And he is not doing this on purpose because it makes zero sense. He is soft. He would be doing this on any team. He is not getting traded and turning into an iron man playing 82 games. SOFT!!
    A player like Kawhi will never be an iron man. He's brittle/China Doll af. Even if we give him Super Max money, he will be as injury prone as Splitter. Book it.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/kawhi-...layer-injuries

Date Description
    01/17/2018 Sore Right Quadriceps
    01/07/2018 Partial Left Shoulder Tear
    12/23/2017 Sore Right Quadriceps
    09/30/2017 Sore Right Quadriceps
    05/14/2017 Sore Ankle
    05/09/2017 Sprained Left Ankle
    03/10/2017 Concussion
    02/06/2017 Quad Contusion
    01/23/2017 Sore Hand
    12/28/2016 Illness
    03/23/2016 Right Quad Contusion
    02/21/2016 Sore Left Calf
    12/07/2015 Gastroenteritis
    11/14/2015 Upper Respiratory Infection
    12/19/2014 Torn Ligament, Right Hand
    10/27/2014 Eye Infection
    04/14/2014 Sore Hand
    01/22/2014 Hand
    12/21/2013 Dental Prodecure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quiet doesn't always equal classy or humble. There are plenty of quiet pieces of out there.

He wants out and is pretty much pulling an Eric Gordon (New Orleans).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (b) a most calculating bas who is having a hand played on his behalf that's all about the future fortune he could rake in..
    Of the two choices, for the sake of us as Spurs fans, we probably want this to be true - primarily that's he protecting his supermax deal.

Then at least the team gets a top 5 player who (you would hope..?) would continue to be a beast like he was the last two years.
    Sports fans tend to have short memories, so we'd probably be willing to forgive/forget about this in a year or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This summer is when they’ll offer him the super max and we’ll see if he wants to be here or not right? Well accepting the super max doesn’t technically mean that he wants to be here but either way we’ll know a lot this summer.

I don’t give a about the playoffs with all the drama that’s going to happen in the offseason. I need to stock on popcorn. Having two divas on the team and at least one of them is being a workhorse with heart problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if i was a 26 year old man, I want to go to LA.

Imagine the things you can eat in LA....Blonde s, Latina burnettes, Big booty black girls... if i can sustain that lifestyle and get proper media recognition.

Why would I stay in San Antonio? Fat mexican and white trash arent exactly appealing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if i was a 26 year old man, I want to go to LA.

Imagine the things you can eat in LA....Blonde s, Latina burnettes, Big booty black girls... if i can sustain that lifestyle and get proper media recognition.

Why would I stay in San Antonio? Fat mexican and white trash arent exactly appealing.
    only in san antonio can one truly get over himself

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was always right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi is:

Duncan set the gold standard for the concept of a franchise player: it is unreachable-- a kind of utopia really..But to see Leonard fall flat on his face at the first hurdle has been quite shocking for me.

No matter how this turns out, I have already lost respect for this dude. He is not who I thought he was.
    I wasn't wrong. I've been saying this for years tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player like Kawhi will never be an iron man. He's brittle/China Doll af. Even if we give him Super Max money, he will be as injury prone as Splitter. Book it.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/kawhi-...layer-injuries

Date Description
    01/17/2018 Sore Right Quadriceps
    01/07/2018 Partial Left Shoulder Tear
    12/23/2017 Sore Right Quadriceps
    09/30/2017 Sore Right Quadriceps
    05/14/2017 Sore Ankle
    05/09/2017 Sprained Left Ankle
    03/10/2017 Concussion
    02/06/2017 Quad Contusion
    01/23/2017 Sore Hand
    12/28/2016 Illness
    03/23/2016 Right Quad Contusion
    02/21/2016 Sore Left Calf
    12/07/2015 Gastroenteritis
    11/14/2015 Upper Respiratory Infection
    12/19/2014 Torn Ligament, Right Hand
    10/27/2014 Eye Infection
    04/14/2014 Sore Hand
    01/22/2014 Hand
    12/21/2013 Dental Prodecure

Issues with quad started back in 16’?

Maybe that’s why Kawhi is so pissed...he’s been dealing with this for years and it’s been treated poorly by staff?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe that’s why Kawhi is so pissed...he’s been dealing with this for years and it’s been treated poorly by staff?!
    In one of the podcasts someone posted a while back it was revealed that he has suffered with quad issues since college and he's always had them properly managed. This season his quad took a life of its own apparently.

Everyone assumes Kiwi is pretending and truly I don't. I keep coming back to what if he really is impaired. Tiago said pain after games would sometimes be so intense it interfered with normal daily activities. Kiwi had apparently been doing 4 on 4 and regressed on his rehab routine. I think despite him saying he's doing better than in January he's still not well enough and his issues flare with intense workouts. I honestly don't expect him back this season and it's really an enigma at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So just say that. All he had to do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all of us were wrong..... just sayin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah...if those are the only choices, it has to be "a".

I have seen that gif before, but never realized until just now his scratching and biting of the tongue are perfectly timed together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So just say that. All he had to do
    It was obviously treated of diagnosed due to report...

But look at the injuries since..80% right quad related and now it’s so bad the pain won’t go away.. “contusion” turned into tendonopathy within a year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, it's been written about. In 2016 there was the below article about how the Spurs have solved it with strength training. But Kawhi doesn't trust the Spurs, remember...

Devotion to the data: How Kawhi Leonard became a superstar
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...i-leonard-star

It was a twist of the knee that helped Leonard fulfill that vision. During his second NBA season in 2012, Leonard was sidelined for 18 games with quadriceps tendinitis near his left knee. That offseason, the Spurs sent him to P3 to assess his vastus medialis, a teardrop-shaped muscle in the quads that powers the knee joint. "They focus on trying to balance out your body," Leonard explains. "You don't train there. I learned more about the body."

When P3's evaluation showed imbalances from his injury -- the particulars of which P3 refused to reveal to ESPN -- Leonard and Shelton devoted that summer to ensuring his quads weren't just strong but symmetrically and multidirectionally strong. "Most players are linear; they can run in a straight line and jump vertically," Shelton says. "But with Kawhi, we focus on perfecting change of direction."

Little did we know, it wasn't his quad he learned about, but about changing direction

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was obviously treated of diagnosed due to report...

But look at the injuries since..80% right quad related and now it’s so bad the pain won’t go away.. “contusion” turned into tendonopathy within a year..
    Again, the easiest and only thing kl had to do was keep everyone informed so they couldnt speculate. Now, for the first time since rodman, spurs have an annoyance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one of the podcasts someone posted a while back it was revealed that he has suffered with quad issues since college and he's always had them properly managed. This season his quad took a life of its own apparently.

Everyone assumes Kiwi is pretending and truly I don't. I keep coming back to what if he really is impaired. Tiago said pain after games would sometimes be so intense it interfered with normal daily activities. Kiwi had apparently been doing 4 on 4 and regressed on his rehab routine. I think despite him saying he's doing better than in January he's still not well enough and his issues flare with intense workouts. I honestly don't expect him back this season and it's really an enigma at this point.

Quad was a serious issue in the offseason..even tho Kawhi has been really odd..for him to feel this way must mean something has led to this with the staff..

The staff easily could’ve made mistakes.. happens..Boston fired their whole staff due to Isiah Thomas hip injury

Thread Information