Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes credibility DIVED since going to LA... that's why I'm highly doubting Kawhi actually requested a trade since Woj never gave a source... He simply stated it as fact
    Where is info it's not the case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft a few hours away

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He better not us...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Spurs make the right choices

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to ESPN, Kawhi is angry at the Spurs for the injury and Tony's comments. Also, will let everybody know it's Lakers or nothing.

It doesn't say he's angry at himself for keeping everybody in the dark, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi making Pop travel to San Diego to grovel for a meeting. Total move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to ESPN, Kawhi is angry at the Spurs for the injury and Tony's comments. Also, will let everybody know it's Lakers or nothing.

Such bull from Leonard and Uncle Dennis. If it was Pop, Tony and the medical team, Leonard wouldn’t be saying only the Lakers. If he wants to go back to LA fine, but throwing the team under the bus in a lame effort to protect his rep is an asshole move. Please expose this bag Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thought from a business perspective, no team at this point is willing to put forth thier best offers as in terms of talent for Kawhi since he will not commit to longer than a 1 season. Now my logic would tell me the longer you hold out the worse the deals will get down the line. So do you deal now or take the chance on getting less in return.

Or do you hold pat with Kiwi until the latest date possible too see where LBJ signs, then at that point trade him to the opposite side of the country thus avoiding have a Super Team from being built. You run the risk of getting less in return but you avoid another potential foe down the road, and this team will not be any worse off than this past season making it to the playoff's. So it is a win, win in my book.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowturd saying Parker said what he said because it was coming from Popovich.....Yes, Cowturd actually said this as he was washing Lebron's balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes credibility DIVED since going to LA... that's why I'm highly doubting Kawhi actually requested a trade since Woj never gave a source... He simply stated it as fact
    You do realize that the same league source (kawhi's uncle most likely) is telling all these reporters the same thing, right? In other words, Kawhi's uncle probably has a ton of reporters on a group text and spits out all this bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This quote from Woj's article has an interesting tid bit if you still think Kawhi wants any contact with the Spurs:

Leonard had told confidants that he did not want to sit down with Popovich and has been purposely difficult for the Spurs to reach recently. Among the issues, Leonard is angry over what he believes was the Spurs' mishandling of his quad injury, and he remains irate with public comments from teammate Tony Parker and Popovich that he felt were not supportive of him, league sources said.
    He doesn't want to patch anything up. He's purposely making himself "difficult to reach" -- while he's still under contract with the team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ard-california

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This quote from Woj's article has an interesting tid bit if you still think Kawhi wants any contact with the Spurs:

He doesn't want to patch anything up. He's purposely making himself "difficult to reach" -- while he's still under contract with the team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ard-california
    This seems to conflict with the story that he was at Pop's wife's funeral services. If he was that irate with Pop and did not wan't to communicate with him, why would he be there? Maybe he was trying to save face? It's just weird.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowturd saying Parker said what he said because it was coming from Popovich.....Yes, Cowturd actually said this as he was washing Lebron's balls.
    He also said everything about how KL takes all this, yesterday's meeting, all of the "feelings" comes from KLs camp. His Uncle...

So Cowturd confuses per usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is important to point out Woj’s report was that Leonard told his own confidants he was avoiding Popovich. That is not something Leonard’s camp would leak, because it paints him in a bad light. Far likelier is that it leaked from the Spurs, in which case there’s a good chance they have their own people inside Kawhi’s circle, reporting back what they say.

What’s that nickname Popovich has again? Something about the CIA, I think?

If there was any prohibited contact with a player under contract, the Spurs likely already know about it and have it do ented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they met yesterday I'm sure everything will be kept real tight lipped on the Spurs side, meaning any rumors would be baseless until draft night when I expect Spurs (if indeed the plan is to trade) to start searching. Spurs will still play patience if no good deals are offered probably going all the way up until training camp more likely. Hopefully Popovich convinced Leonard that he needs to expand his options to the East or else he is going to leave a lot of money on the table and look foolish. We shall see...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the Spurs best move is a sign and trade for the max, make the lakers have to give back so much that they gut their team for him. Then Kry will be on a ty team the rest of his prime years. And also force the lakers to give you every draft pick they have over the next 10 years. Once the Lakers pay the farm for him, fans will turn on him and he will want out of the fish bowl just like Howard did.

kry is no Kobe, and him and uncle dennis are going to find out how ruthless LA can be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the Spurs best move is a sign and trade for the max, make the lakers have to give back so much that they gut their team for him. Then Kry will be on a ty team the rest of his prime years. And also force the lakers to give you every draft pick they have over the next 10 years. Once the Lakers pay the farm for him, fans will turn on him and he will want out of the fish bowl just like Howard did.

kry is no Kobe, and him and uncle dennis are going to find out how ruthless LA can be.
    They already have two max slots open. Meaning any trade now will open the flood gates for PG and Lebron to join Kawhi
    That core would beat the Spurs for the next 3 years at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Once again, all speculation presented as fact... Woj is losing credibility by the second... I can bet Kawhi will resign... Then he will come up with some reason as to why he did...these ESPN cows are all about spin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haywood was sayin on NBA radio that spurs would rather take pennys on the dollar than give Kwahi/Camp what he wants. Spurs are much more open to taking a deal to the Clippers than Lakers if he wants to be in LA. Spurs don't want to help create a super team (LB, PG) with lakers. That Kwahi is upset that they called his family his "camp" and that tony crossed the line about comparing injuries (guess its a "no-no" for nba players...). So by extension, tony's words are Pop/Spurs words.

If Kwahi refuses to sign an extension with anyone, forget about Tatum or even Brown from Boston. Rozier may not even be obtainable from Boston. If we are getting crap back, no need to trade him. I'd rather suspend him for the season for conduct detrimentable to the team and let him walk. Walk away from $80 million? extra in money and lose $22 million? in next year's salary. F him.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Woj, it was Tony's comments that did it for Kawhi.

That sounds unnecessary from both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already have two max slots open. Meaning any trade now will open the flood gates for PG and Lebron to join Kawhi
    That core would beat the Spurs for the next 3 years at least.
    Spurs are in rebuilding mode, the next 3 years are nothing but fodder, it's all about not building the Lakers Mistic during those 3 years. If the Lakers want Kry, they need to be hog tied to that 40 million a year contract for 5 years. I have always believed that Kry was made into what he is by the system, he is a great two way player magnified by the Spurs System. It will become evident moving forward and magnified when LA turns on him like Dwight Howard. He isn't built for the media spotlight like Kobe and Magic, he is going to wilt like a flower in the desert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that the same league source (kawhi's uncle most likely) is telling all these reporters the same thing, right? In other words, Kawhi's uncle probably has a ton of reporters on a group text and spits out all this bull .
    Nope... They all repeat the same stuff that ONE reporter breaks... They don't ALL break the news... They either site the one reporter that broke the news, or simply state it as fact... None has EVER said "I spoke to someone in Kawhi's camp and..." it's never definitive...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is important to point out Woj’s report was that Leonard told his own confidants he was avoiding Popovich. That is not something Leonard’s camp would leak, because it paints him in a bad light. Far likelier is that it leaked from the Spurs, in which case there’s a good chance they have their own people inside Kawhi’s circle, reporting back what they say.

What’s that nickname Popovich has again? Something about the CIA, I think?

If there was any prohibited contact with a player under contract, the Spurs likely already know about it and have it do ented.
    He was avoiding him, yet he was talking to him all the time, and at the event for his wife? These reports kill me... Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This seems to conflict with the story that he was at Pop's wife's funeral services. If he was that irate with Pop and did not wan't to communicate with him, why would he be there? Maybe he was trying to save face? It's just weird.
    It's like that because the media is simply speculating

Thread Information