Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a fundraiser tonight. Bowen and Elliott were supposed to be there too.

Leticia Van De Putte with Spurs Malik Rose & Tim Duncan at event for Nico LaHood.

Last edited by duncan228; 09-30-2010 at 09:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im sorry duncan228 if i offend you when i say this, but nico la hood is utter !!! google his name and look up his criminal backround i have encounterd this thug personally. manyu of my friends and family are freaked out about tim duncan always showing up to his events and such, i lost some respect for duncan because he shows up for anything nico tells him to and has no idea what kinda guy this is.

do your research people "the san antonio current" exposed his deceitful thug ass!! think {rich kid who gets everything from daddy, deceitful facade crooked & a terrible person} no joke i would never just say this. but i feel strongly about exposing this person

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is rather unusual to see Duncan attend a political event for a specific candidate. IIRC, Tony and Eva even hosted a fund-raiser for him and Duncan made a sizable donation to his campaign. Why would so many Spurs be involved with someone running for DA?
    Last edited by ploto; 01-19-2014 at 06:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you know of this guy too ploto? i dont get it either i in a sense chose to ignore it because i really started questioning what timmy was doing with this guy but alot of ppl are baffled well intelligent ones anyway not people that fall for his wanna be rockstar life livin on daddys money&ego nico by the way is a horrible lawyer never shows up to his cases etc..etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is not the political forum, but Duncan and other Spurs have chosen to participate in a public way.

I am just curious as to why so many Spurs- who never publicly support candidates- are all doing it for this guy.
    Last edited by ploto; 01-19-2014 at 06:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how Nico and Tim became friends ? Tim got here in 1998, 4 years after LaHood's drug arrest. Was it a connection with legal matters or martial arts ? Just wondering.

They are very close friends. I see him carrying Tim's daughter at the Spurs games all the time. Of course, we all know they go to MMA events together too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im sorry duncan228 if i offend you when i say this, but nico la hood is utter !!! google his name and look up his criminal backround i have encounterd this thug personally. manyu of my friends and family are freaked out about tim duncan always showing up to his events and such, i lost some respect for duncan because he shows up for anything nico tells him to and has no idea what kinda guy this is.

do your research people "the san antonio current" exposed his deceitful thug ass!! think {rich kid who gets everything from daddy, deceitful facade crooked & a terrible person} no joke i would never just say this. but i feel strongly about exposing this person

What happened when you "encountered this thug personally". I met him once at an alumni social and he seemed really nice. What gives ?

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the guy isn't perfect and lives on daddy's dime, might as well condemn the children of current and former Spurs players.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Nico too. He's a good guy and a good attorney. You shouldn't condemn him for trying to seal his records. That's something that's available to anyone. It's not like he tried to do anything underhanded or unethical in trying to seal it. The other way to look at his prior is that he completed probation, used it's services, and turned his life around. That's exactly what the ciminal justice system tells young first time offenders to do. And he did just that. I understand if someone thinks his possession case should disqualify him from running for DA or that it is a black mark on his qualifications. But to slam hm as an attorney or a person, or to do he same to Tim bc he supports him, is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drug charges were 16 years ago when he was 19 or 20 years old. He received deferred adjudication and it was taken off his record. What has the guy done wrong in the last decade? (I'm not being sarcastic - I am just curious)

From what I know of his story, he turned his life around after his brother was shot and killed. He went to St Mary's Law School, became an attorney, got married, has a young kid(s), etc. I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drug charges were 16 years ago when he was 19 or 20 years old. He received deferred adjudication and it was taken off his record. What has the guy done wrong in the last decade? (I'm not being sarcastic - I am just curious)

From what I know of his story, he turned his life around after his brother was shot and killed. He went to St Mary's Law School, became an attorney, got married, has a young kid(s), etc. I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?
    this dude must be a lucky SOB to get those charges drop from his police records, or else he wont be ALLOWED to do a law degree...same happened to my friend who was told dont bother doing a accounting degree cause he has a serious criminal record....and he was like 1yr away from finishing it with me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?
    race. and i'm not just trying to lebron it.

people really shouldn't judge a guy for something he did nearly 20 years ago.

after all the scandal that has come from that office in the last few years, you would think both parties would be united to remove Reed from office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't LaHood the San Antonio Lebanese Mafia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't LaHood the San Antonio Lebanese Mafia?
    Lebanese ? He's a straight GUY isn't he ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Nico personally and he's 100% genuine. Nice guy, respectful, super intelligent, good sense of humor. I remember hearing that he met Tim at Tim's bowl-a-thon (he was there for some association I think).

If you go to his facebook page, he's put himself completely out there. In one of his interviews, he explains the thing about his record seal. It was way before he ever decided to run for office. It's pretty logical that if you have any aspirations - political, job, or otherwise that you'd want to seal it anyway.

He had a drug charge when he was 21. He admits it. He's embarrassed by it and now he's moved on. It's not like this was 2 years ago. I don't know why people just assume because you have a past criminal act, you can't rebound.

He's a great guy. I'll vote for him. Anybody that actually knows him will tell you the same. First class human being who has worked very hard to be where he is.

To show how on top of his game he is, all Susan Reed can do is point to his drug record 16 years ago and say look, look at this. That's basically the entire platform she's running on.

Meanwhile Nico can dissect the flaws in the current justice system and point out realistic solutions to help improve things. Listen to his interviews on Jack Raccardi, he's pretty damn impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if anyone here has a record, better make sure to not ever apply for a job at where leonard works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't inhale!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't live in SA anymore, but I'm just guessing that LaHood is somewhat more liberal than the in bent DA.

If that is the case, his attackers are probably accustomed to attacking more progressive candidates personally rather than on their policies.

Just guessing, that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't live in SA anymore, but I'm just guessing that LaHood is somewhat more liberal than the in bent DA.

If that is the case, his attackers are probably accustomed to attacking more progressive candidates personally rather than on their policies.

and you would be right. reed is a dbag who has to go.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a fundraiser Parker hosted in June.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Both sides attack each other. Don't be ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not think a man who could never be a policeman due to his criminal past should be the District Attorney.
    Last edited by ploto; 01-19-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a fundraiser Parker hosted in June.

so how thick were sean's shoes? he looks way taller than malik.

and btw, did anybody see the article on espn.com about chris paul giving the hornets a chance......the team picture with West-Thornton-Paul-Ariza-Okafor.....i always thought David West was a short 6'9" but Ariza looks like a gigantic 6'8" in their photo.....right? am i the only confused by such drastically misrepresented height listing? (lame, i know, but it's still the offseason)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy can't dress worth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Nico too. He's a good guy and a good attorney. You shouldn't condemn him for trying to seal his records. That's something that's available to anyone. It's not like he tried to do anything underhanded or unethical in trying to seal it. The other way to look at his prior is that he completed probation, used it's services, and turned his life around. That's exactly what the ciminal justice system tells young first time offenders to do. And he did just that. I understand if someone thinks his possession case should disqualify him from running for DA or that it is a black mark on his qualifications. But to slam hm as an attorney or a person, or to do he same to Tim bc he supports him, is ridiculous.

are you kidding me people? he worked hard to get where he is??? please .. im sure his father did... our friends the cisneros family/ our mayor Julian Castro.. now thats working hard to get where you are!! okay me and my family went to catholic private school our whole lives so we know who nico is i didnt just read about him. my cousin went to Central catholic HS and kori ellis i mean no disrespect to you but NO nico did not turn his life around when his brother passed. Actually i think thats what made him carry so much anger and i feel for him i lost my brother also. i know a few things about him for a Fact!!!

These are the things i know about him he threaten to kill my cousin and stated "im connected with the mafia mother er" as he lifted his shirt and showed his plethora of tattoos. btw i doubt hes connected but you never know if he gets elected then well know. my cousin walked by him and supposedly looked at him wrong! i was there and my cousin is small & is as kind of a person as youll ever meet, me on the other hand.. if you REALLY know nico you know he is coverd and i mean coverd from wrist to neck practically in prison like tattoos. notice he is always and i mean always coverd up (not even a polo when its a casual occasion)

another thing i know for a fact is hes gotten away with alot and i mean alot of crap just because his father, who is in fact a really good lawyer covers up for nico like you wouldnt believe. Nico has a black belt in karate, some of his friends do too, i know for a FACT nico and his friends would go out looking for guys to beat up some of his friends say he was on juice but i cant confirm that but what i can confirm is that him and his friends would seriously beat the living crap out of guys anywhere and it would be like 1 against 3 or 4 of his black belt friends! i know this sounds ludicrous but its the sad truth. this (nice guy/i turned my life around front) is fake, know that!

the drug charge is the only thing people see and if he gets that erased i cant imagine the amount of sheep he'll draw. about the drug charge it was ecstasy and it had to be a good amount DONT FORGET IT WAS HEROIN BASED and so if your thinking it was prob some pot maybe a lil pipe think again. Is this what you want as your district attorney???? a guy i worked with hired him for alot of money he said he heard he was great and he would never show up in court in fact he would just reset the case eventually my friend lost the case.

im sure ill get attacked verbally, ive know this for quite sometime and i wouldnt have mentioned this at all because its none of my business, however when hes trying to become a major public figure in my hometown i would be a coward not to say anything!! i dont lie about things like this i have no reason. if you know nico you know Most people are afraid of him because he can A.) get you in trbl with the law or B.) use Wing Chun skills to kick your ass! this is not a joke. believe what you will, republican/democrat it doesn' matter however choose wisely when voting thats all i have to say.
    Last edited by Leonard Curse; 10-03-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Thread Information