Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Im so good I should CHARGE for these posts.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he never lost to an 8th seed!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Kobe never lost a game 7 at home either.

Duncan has never blown a 3-1 lead like Kobe did back in '06. Pretty embarrassing since blowing a 3-1 leads is very rare.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They were a one seed.

They lost to an 8th seed.

Deal with it.
    Did you go to the losers parade in 93?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Duncan has never blown a 3-1 lead like Kobe did back in '06. Pretty embarrassing since blowing a 3-1 leads is very rare.
    Kobe blew a 3-1 lead to a higher seed. Probably should never have had the series lead to begin with.

The Spurs, with Tim Duncan, lost a game 7, in overtime, at home.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Did you go to the losers parade in 93?
    No. But that parade doesnt embarrass me. I dont care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe blew a 3-1 lead to a higher seed. Probably should never have had the series lead to begin with.

The Spurs, with Tim Duncan, lost a game 7, in overtime, at home.
    No excuses blowing a 3-1 lead is very embarrassing. Every time a team has blown a 3-1 lead there has always been some massive choking just like your suns choke job in '95 against the Rocket or last year's Clippers choke job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise he walked the walk too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. But that parade doesnt embarrass me. I dont care.
    You're not embarrassed your team embraces failure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans going in on Phx fan

Pls stop guys - Suns Fan

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    But he never lost to an 8th seed!
    Duncan never went 34-48 and missed the playoffs in his prime. Not even with ie Jefferson. Not even with Charles Smith and Steve Smith.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Kobe never lost a game 7 at home either.

Duncan never quit in a Game 7 like Kobe did, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its true. The Spurs have been MUCH more successful than the Phoenix Suns.

But that doesnt mean the Spurs havent had humiliating defeats. Particularly the 2001 curb-stomping and losing to an 8th seed in 2009.

And the fact that they never even made back to the finals removes themselves from truly great teams of NBA lore. They were never dominant. Just waited around for dominant teams to fizzle out.

It is what is it.
    But, but, but......

Sounds like you make excuse up kind like your team in '05, '07 and forever. How does it feel to have your favorite team never win anything and the only thing you can do is on other team's greatness.

Oh, anD last time I checked the Spurs made to back to back Finals. Please, remind when Amar'e, Nash, Barkley, Johnson, Marion (had to leave to ring LOLOL) or Chambers did that ever?

48 years and only 2 Finals appearances......

Midget PG with busted knee is your best player.....

Greatest franchise player is a 3 tier all-time great......

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The team didnt throw the parade. The city did.

And you dont understand because you dont get it. Youve never experienced being in a city that was obsessed with a team like that. Since 92-93, I've seen it happen exactly two other times:

1) Sacramento

2) OKC

Unless you personally witness the frenzy, you could never understand. The Suns were very popular again during Nash/SSOL but NOWHERE near as popular as they were in 1993. Likewise the Cardinals are currently the
    city's favorite but, again, nowhere near the following of the Barkley years.

The Spurs dont even sell out playoff games during CHAMPIONSHIP seasons. As much as Spurs fans get defensive, they too find their team boring to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And you dont understand because you dont get it. Youve never experienced being in a city that was obsessed with a team like that. Since 92-93, I've seen it happen exactly two other times:

1) Sacramento

2) OKC

Unless you personally witness the frenzy, you could never understand. The Suns were very popular again during Nash/SSOL but NOWHERE near as popular as they were in 1993. Likewise the Cardinals are currently the

The Spurs dont even sell out playoff games during CHAMPIONSHIP seasons. As much as Spurs fans get defensive, they too find their team boring to watch.
    You threw a parade for a ing loser.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

1) Sacramento

2) OKC

Having a "frenzy" for a team full of losers
    Acting like ing Sacramento and OKC are great company to be in
    Runner-up parades
    "Dudley > Melo"
    Suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a "frenzy" for a team full of losers
    Acting like ing Sacramento and OKC are great company to be in
    That will never stop being funny. It's almost as bad as Cleveland calling the fire department to come put out the river.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That will never stop being funny. It's almost as bad as Cleveland calling the fire department to come put out the river.
    Or Lakerfan rushing the court to celebrate the Bulls' championship.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

1) Sacramento

2) OKC

O & 48!!!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You threw a parade for a ing loser.
    Yeah...I dont care. I'd be much more embarrassed that my city cant sell out playoff games for its ONE professional sports franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...I dont care. I'd be much more embarrassed that my city cant sell out playoff games for its ONE professional sports franchise.
    If you don't care, how come you're crying here after Bowen's three in Game 5?

You were gonna get 'em next year, right?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If you don't care, how come you're crying here after Bowen's three in Game 5?

You were gonna get 'em next year, right?
    Fans cry when they are emotionally invested in the team.

Why doesnt San Antonio love the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans cry when they are emotionally invested in the team.

Why doesnt San Antonio love the Spurs?
    We did. The city went nuts in 1999 and then threw them a parade for winning.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    We did. The city went nuts in 1999 and then threw them a parade for winning.
    Why not anymore? What else is there to do in San Antonio, Texas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you win over and over some fans take it for granted. The last time the entire fanbase was rabid was 2014.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    When you win over and over some fans take it for granted. The last time the entire fanbase was rabid was 2014.
    Except they dont sell out playoff games in championship years.

And I MIGHT buy the "well theyre so good for so long" argument if there were any other teams or distractions in San Antonio. But there's not.

So rather than wonder why the Phoenix threw a parade for the Suns, maybe you should wonder why your team cant sell itself to its city.

*MIC DROP*

-DSF OUT!

Thread Information