Page 705 of 745 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715 ... LastLast
Results 17,601 to 17,625 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying they backed out last week due to health concerns, but now a week later they're suddenly all in again when absolutely nothing has changed those concerns?
    Did you not watch that segment posted with Brian Windhorst? He basically said the same thing except he didn't say they backed out. There are question marks regarding his health, which is why I think it may be one reason Spurs haven't offered the max extension. Just my opinion.

The Raptors I'm sure are concerned about potential health problems when it comes to Kawhi. Their risking a lot if they trade for Kawhi and it turns out he's not healthy so yeah I'm sure they pumped the brakes to think it over some more. I don't see anything weird about that. Im sure the concerns may still be there in the back of their minds, but their probably willing to risk it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One hand, you have a nice, tough-ass defensive team that has already been in the playoffs. Other, you have a ty-ass Lakers team without any direction with a bored LeBron slapped on. You're not taking Utah? You're dumb.
    Never said I wouldn't but I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron and the Lakers beat them in a tough series. Utah would be favored but would I put money on it? No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negro please.. UTAH is a paper tiger. They are well coached and play good defense but oy advanced cuz OKC under achieved... Lakers haven't proven but Utah outside of SpidaMitc is vastly overrated. Love Ingles but on a great team he is a 7th or 8th man at best...
    Only thing you got right was LAL as paper tigers. The paperiest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically everything I've been saying. The Raptors have been sitting on this. They actually backed out initially as I stated because of health concerns. Brian Windhorst indicates the same thing around 1:00 mark of that clip. The Spurs front office felt that even after the Raptors backed out, the Raptors might still comeback and wanna do the trade.
    They might be waiting to see Kawhi play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I'm not saying he's wrong, but that reasoning doesn't make much sense. Toronto's also been rumored to be the most likely destination for like a week now.
    Tbf the whole conversation about TOR started with him in this thread. Came completely out of left field. Then people found his deleted instagram history (which ended up being nothing since he does it every year), and later in the day the odds had TOR at even.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Negro please.. UTAH is a paper tiger. They are well coached and play good defense but oy advanced cuz OKC under achieved... Lakers haven't proven but Utah outside of SpidaMitc is vastly overrated. Love Ingles but on a great team he is a 7th or 8th man at best...
    You're underrating Ingles. Dude can really play. He's a deadly 3-point shooter, he's put up better than a .600 TS % two seasons in a row (.623 last year), and he has playmaking chops to go along with the shooting. Oh, and he doesn't back down from anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said I wouldn't but I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron and the Lakers beat them in a tough series. Utah would be favored but would I put money on it? No.
    No one on the Lakers other than LBJ has any clue how to play in the playoffs. Oh, I forgot Rondo dribbling around and passing to no 3-point shooters. And Lance Stephenson following LeBron around to blow into his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richard Allan Jefferson = DeMar Darnell DeRozan 2.0
    No, not at all. Honestly his game offensively is a lot closer to Kawhi’s two years ago (although not as efficient for good.) But DDR is a better scorer than ever was

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had lunch with Co worker today, but nothing new to offer. He said he speaks to brother about once or twice a week, and he typically doesn't ask questions, but his brother will sometime share about NBA chatter concerning big FA or Magic related.

He did however share with me about connections between Toronto front office the Magic FO, which makes me believe the information is pretty reliable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbf the whole conversation about TOR started with him in this thread. Came completely out of left field. Then people found his deleted instagram history (which ended up being nothing since he does it every year), and later in the day the odds had TOR at even.

Don't remember that, but if FkLA says it, I'll believe it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had lunch with Co worker today, but nothing new to offer. He said he speaks to brother about once or twice a week, and he typically doesn't ask questions, but his brother will sometime share about NBA chatter concerning big FA or Magic related.

He did however share with me about connections between Toronto front office the Magic FO, which makes me believe the information is pretty reliable
    Fascinating. No, wait. The opposite.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Los Angeles Clippers, Denver, Phoenix, Portland, Toronto and Washington are among teams who’ve talked with San Antonio,league sources said.
    8 hours ago – via ESPN

Portland, Denver, and Washington too. Mo identified Clips and Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really bugs me that the Spurs are being looked at as being arrogant. This is not something you just do. You wait for the best package you can get. It's obvious they didn't get any great offers from teams like LA, Boston, and Philly so why trade him? They're doing exactly what every team should do. Wait. Do your due diligence and look over everything before sending him out.
    It's really just one guy and he clearly wants Kawhi in LA. The other guy asked him what can LA offer that is better than DD and his response was "I think Ingram would pop in SA". The other guys that have tried to smear the Spurs names also have a vested interest in getting him to LA--especially Carter who is part of the "agency" being run out of a car.

The other I can't figure out is how or why Kawhi's uncle somewhat blames the Spurs for him not getting a big shoe deal. Does he not know who his nephew is? He doesn't have a very marketable character or whatever you wanna call it. His personality doesn't shout out marketability.
    This is the one thing I would not be surprised if he ended up being right about. Do not underestimate the Lakers bandwagon and them being media darlings. His jersey is already Top 10 in sales IIRC. I do think he would get a signature shoe in LA although I don't think he'd see the type of money LeBron, KD, Steph and Harden get for their deals. Atleast not initially.

If that was his motive behind the move it'd be a little more reasonable but I think at this point it's obvious that he has delusions of grandeur. He thinks because his nephew is a superstar he is somehow qualified to start an agency empire. If Kawhi was a global icon of LeBron's magnitude, then maybe because let's be honest Rich Paul was just as unqualified, but LeBron was such a global icon that he was able to cover that up. Kawhi OTOH is an autistic mute so it's not happening for the car agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people in here trying to downplay the Lebron acquisition as if he’s about to fall apart are coming across as sad.

Lebron isn’t going into a steep decline and he’s not going to get bored. He’s a passionate and proud player, and barring a catastrophic injury I think his decline is going to be gradual. He’s going to retire in 5 years still averaging 18/7/5.

These Laker fans are far overrating their younger players (surprise!) but you can’t blame them because the media is fanning the flames (surprise!). Even with this roster I bet Lebron still carries them to top 4 in the west.

Don’t know if he’ll win a ring there though. Certainly won’t this year, and I’m not so convinced all-stars are getting in line to play with star/coach/GM Lebron next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi's Uncle Dennis is Somehow President of Business Protocol Company

Kawhi Leonard's Uncle Dennis, the man who has singlehandedly torn Leonard and the Spurs apart, is the president of the "Elite Athlete Division" at a business and professional protocol consulting company. ​

The company's Protocol International website says they "provide helpful coaching, education and workshops that focus on empowering skills like domestic and international business protocol and corporate etiquette, networking, dining skills and professional image strategies."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6119049-k...partners/42236

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Valencuinous is the center piece and not Derozan then this would be a worse trade. In today’s NBA he isn’t as valuable. Might as well throw a filler at Okafor and see what he can do and he is much cheaper
    Exactly. A large, immobile big has very little value in today’s NBA. They can’t switch and defend. This doesn’t meet the description of the deal. Besides, if this were the deal, and it happened, if Kawhi did want to stay, they’d have to dump one of DD or Lowry anyway to avoid a Huge tax penalty. That’s one of their motivators For dealing now already.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I'm not saying he's wrong, but that reasoning doesn't make much sense. Toronto's also been rumored to be the most likely destination for like a week now.
    FkLA is right, it started with Mo. A few hours earlier he said the Spurs are firing up again. We just got news from Windhorst about a compelling offer. He may not be a 100% accurate but that’s just splitting hairs. I wouldn’t say I’ll take his word for it wholesale but he’s been solid so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want DDR, I want to force the rat to show up, to eat the that he generated all the ing year from 1min of the training camp

better have cap space next summer to sign butler and irving

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You are a got. SMH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying they backed out last week due to health concerns, but now a week later they're suddenly all in again when absolutely nothing has changed those concerns?
    You're a clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not looking for anything to be honest. Just sharing info I receive. I'm not trying to troll or whatever. I'm a Spurs fan who just wants this dude gone. The sooner the better.
    sup Mo, are you russian by any chance? got any dirt on Hillary?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi's Uncle Dennis is Somehow President of Business Protocol Company

Kawhi Leonard's Uncle Dennis, the man who has singlehandedly torn Leonard and the Spurs apart, is the president of the "Elite Athlete Division" at a business and professional protocol consulting company. ​

The company's Protocol International website says they "provide helpful coaching, education and workshops that focus on empowering skills like domestic and international business protocol and corporate etiquette, networking, dining skills and professional image strategies."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6119049-k...partners/42236
    Lol Dennis and protocol blocked a lot of Spurs fans today. Hilarious.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Dennis and protocol blocked a lot of Spurs fans today. Hilarious.
    I'm guessing most aren't even spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead site, it's not even registered anymore.
    There's an alt site here, BTW:

http://spursforums.com/

IllusioNtek set it up

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think any trade happens at this time. The Spurs don’t want to trade Kawhi so any deal now will probably still be available in late Sept or early Oct. Get him in training camp and around teammates and Pop to see if he has a change of heart. If not, teams can see him play again preseason to assess his health and we may be in better position.

Thread Information