Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're right, when people claim that jumping, becoming obese, or any other skill is simply gifted to you, then it's time for someone to go full re on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. The overwhelming majority of people who don't have anything good to say about him haven't actually seen him play. I don't know if those people are going to be happy when he turns out to be a good player. There are still people on this board who are angry that Tiago Splitter turned out to be such a good player.
    There's always never a shortage of cliff jumping ST posters that are mad at the world lol. Like you, I've seen his highlights and one thing that pops out is obviously his passing. His shooting is a tough call because you never know how well it translates to the NBA (but then again Spurs have Chip). His defense needs work as well.

If Kyle Anderson sees the floor, he'll probably be asked to do what he does best: run the offense on point forward plays.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how much defensive work he needs, as he's going to be checking the other team's second or third swing. You don't need to shut those guys down as much as you need to keep them in reach. As long as he's moving his man in the right direction, he doesn't have to keep the guy in front of him. The team's defense doesn't need him to stop anyone.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait. Did someone just say that genes get mutated through lack of exercise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and from -flooding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're right, when people claim that jumping, becoming obese, or any other skill is simply gifted to you, then it's time for someone to go full re on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This... probably extends to cognitive function and skill as well as physical and athletic ability.

There is just some threshold of understanding you may never achieve despite all your best efforts because you lack the range. Like... mental midgets I suppose.

tholdren is doing a fine job of being case in point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched him extensively since the draft, but not before, so take that for what it's worth. I thought he was Boris Diaw the first time I saw his scouting highlights on Youtube. Nothing's changed my mind on that.
    Yea but despite his bouts of girthy-ness... by all account Boris is extremely athletic. I read about an episode where he was strolling around in sandals, I think in the Atlanta facility and encountered a coach that was finishing up measurements of verticals. Boris inquired into what the highest mark was, and then proceeded to best it, then wandered off muttering "That was not difficult..."

Is Slo-Mo's lack of athleticism exaggerated?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are anathema to science and reading comprehension. You dismiss a quote from Harvard researchers. Then babble a little. Then you fail to realize a whole bunch of what you quote corroborates what I've been telling you. For example, those enzymes you mention, they're proteins. You know what dictates how a protein is made, right? A gene. The very genes you said didn't have anything to do with obesity. You pasted:

...weight is the complex combination of a mul ude of different metabolic processes, from brain systems that regulate appe e to enzymes that control how efficiently calories are turned from food into energy that the body needs.

Not only do you appear to be incapable of reading and understanding what I am writing and have written, you don't even appear to understand basic scientific principles you are attempting to use to bolster your side of the argument. You're disproving your own argument without even knowing it. A wise saying goes: "You should quit while you're ahead." However, in rare instances, you should not take old wisdom to heart. Here it presupposes, erroneously in your case, that you would ever be ahead. You, instead, should always strive to quit while you're behind. The earlier, the better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea but despite his bouts of girthy-ness... by all account Boris is extremely athletic. I read about an episode where he was strolling around in sandals, I think in the Atlanta facility and encountered a coach that was finishing up measurements of verticals. Boris inquired into what the highest mark was, and then proceeded to best it, then wandered off muttering "That was not difficult..."

Probably exaggerated, but he only added to the legend by opting out of the speed and agility testing at the draft. Boris, that is a classic story, love it, along with the one where he said: "That's what you think."

They are two of my favorites. But, they still do not unseat #1, when Ime took a rag-tag team down the Nile to retrieve a teammate that had gone rogue, ruling over the locals. He was only able to to get them back to civilization by crafting a make-shift raft from the skulls of his victims collected in the fight that ensued while making their way back to the riverbank. True story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought it was in Phoenix. It brings up an interesting point: how often do you see Boris Diaw dominate with his speed or leaping ability? Ever? He's got incredible court vision and basketball IQ. So does Anderson.

Look, I love Kawhi and absolutely love having an elite athlete on the Spurs again. Five Oh was fun to watch, and so is All Biz. But James White was a good athlete too, and it didn't do much for the team. It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. There are a lot of really athletic teams watching the playoffs on TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The grass is always greener on the other side. Somewhere out there, there's probably a Kings fan who would lust over Tim Duncan than having a headcase like Demarcus Cousins (who happens to be really athletic) on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably exaggerated, but he only added to the legend by opting out of the speed and agility testing at the draft. Boris, that is a classic story, love it, along with the one where he said: "That's what you think."

They are two of my favorites. But, they still do not unseat #1, when Ime took a rag-tag team down the Nile to retrieve a teammate that had gone rogue, ruling over the locals. He was only able to to get them back to civilization by crafting a make-shift raft from the skulls of his victims collected in the fight that ensued while making their way back to the riverbank. True story.

Ahh that's gotta be hyperbole... lol @ victims skulls get away craft, but I do remember reading about Ime kung fuing his, and his teammates way out of a hostile terrain, where they were throwing batteries or some such onto the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was in Phoenix. It brings up an interesting point: how often do you see Boris Diaw dominate with his speed or leaping ability? Ever? He's got incredible court vision and basketball IQ. So does Anderson.

Look, I love Kawhi and absolutely love having an elite athlete on the Spurs again. Five Oh was fun to watch, and so is All Biz. But James White was a good athlete too, and it didn't do much for the team. It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. There are a lot of really athletic teams watching the playoffs on TV.
    True... as long as KA can move his feet enough and utilize his length and feel for the game to deter passing and allow the help defense to rotate etc his lack of elite athleticism shouldn't be the mountain it's been made out to be.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh that's gotta be hyperbole... lol @ victims skulls get away craft, but I do remember reading about Ime kung fuing his, and his teammates way out of a hostile terrain, where they were throwing batteries or some such onto the court.
    I could be misremembering a little bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most "athletic" players(minus Bron) in the league have all watched the playoffs/Finals unfold every year for the past 10 years...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another poster said you only NEED hyper athletic players to guard/negate the best/skilled athletes in the league. (I.e. Lebron/Durant/Westbrook) just enough to allow the other players on both teams to decide the outcome... so in THEORY, the only places we NEED exceptionally talented athletes would be at the 3/4 ( Kawhi) and the 1/2 ( Parker/Green).

If we can negate the FAR reaching impact of the absolute best athletes, our 3 through 10 man roster will dominate their 3 through 10 man roster. I think we saw a good example of this with the Thunder, and a GREAT example with the Heat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another poster said you only NEED hyper athletic players to guard/negate the best/skilled athletes in the league. (I.e. Lebron/Durant/Westbrook) just enough to allow the other players on both teams to decide the outcome... so in THEORY, the only places we NEED exceptionally talented athletes would be at the 3/4 ( Kawhi) and the 1/2 ( Parker/Green).

If we can negate the FAR reaching impact of the absolute best athletes, our 3 through 10 man roster will dominate their 3 through 10 man roster. I think we saw a good example of this with the Thunder, and a GREAT example with the Heat.
    The Spurs depth is insane. I do believe Anderson will be in the regular rotation by the end of the season. I can see him taking minutes from Belinelli and Baynes along with the standard rest minutes given to the big 3. It's hard to believe his intelligence at only 20 years old and he has yet to play an NBA game. As many have seen in the past, if you don't understand defensive rotations, offensive spacing, etc., you will not see the court playing for Pop.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he is going to use the jersey number 1 as he did in the SL?
    I don't think there will be any doubt he will be playing in the rotation Sooner rather than Later, not to mention that he has an extremely high basketball IQ and will grasp the Spurs system a whole lot faster than most..
    Pop knows what he has, whereas Tiago was more of a question mark when he came over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs depth is insane. I do believe Anderson will be in the regular rotation by the end of the season. I can see him taking minutes from Belinelli and Baynes along with the standard rest minutes given to the big 3. It's hard to believe his intelligence at only 20 years old and he has yet to play an NBA game. As many have seen in the past, if you don't understand defensive rotations, offensive spacing, etc., you will not see the court playing for Pop.
    +1

Doesn't matter how athletic a player happens to be, he's not going to be on the court if he doesn't know where he should be at all times!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw in the Sports Illustrated that came out just before the draft that Anderson would be one of the best 1st round selections coming out of that draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw in the Sports Illustrated that came out just before the draft that Anderson would be one of the best 1st round selections coming out of that draft.
    Isn't it odd that he fell to #30?

Maybe none of the teams had any interest in Anderson playing as point guard.

I wonder if the Spurs play him at point guard? The Spurs have had 6'9"+ guards in the past: Steven Jackson and Hedo Turkuglu, so possibly they know what to do with his kind of talent.
    Last edited by ceperez; 07-29-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rest of the leagues' loss and the Spurs gain!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe none of the teams had any interest in Anderson playing as point guard.

I wonder if the Spurs play him at point guard? The Spurs have had 6'9"+ guards in the past: Steven Jackson and Hedo Turkuglu, so possibly they know what to do with his kind of talent.
    I watched the draft this year and was stunned as teams kept passing on Anderson! Had they not just watched the Finals and learned that multi-skilled passers (like Diaw) can be the key to an NBA championship? Had they not realised that basketball is a game of passing and smarts? Hadn't they learned from the Spurs? Obviously not. Once again they left our team the perfect piece late in the 1st round. Thanks, NBA FO morons!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the draft this year and was stunned as teams kept passing on Anderson! Had they not just watched the Finals and learned that multi-skilled passers (like Diaw) can be the key to an NBA championship? Had they not realised that basketball is a game of passing and smarts? Hadn't they learned from the Spurs? Obviously not. Once again they left our team the perfect piece late in the 1st round. Thanks, NBA FO morons!
    I don't think any of the NBA teams implement the point forward system, so they didn't have a need to draft KA. Usually point forwards are reserved for really uptempo basketball teams, which are Clippers and Warriors (just off the top of my head right now). Clippers drafting a point forward is counter-intuitive because cp3 is already so ball dominant and Blake Griffin is a pretty good passer already so they don't need KA. Warriors have a log jam at the SF position with Iggy and Barnes, so that's probably why they passed on KA.

Like you said, it's pretty awesome he fell to the Spurs!

Thread Information