Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili is smart enough to know how to get the best from his teammates... he knew that Duncan was the team's bread and butter and played to that strength [and we should all be thankful Pop's the guy who can keep it all turning... due mostly to the at udes of the big three... and Duncan's selflessness...] Nothing exemplefies those attributes more than a couple of memorable plays between Duncan and Ginobili... the pass and game winning bucket against the Sonics in 2005, and the pass to Timmy at the 3pt line to take the game to OT against the Suns in GM1 of 2008 (where Manu scored the game-winner).

Not many players of Ginobili's caliber would slide to the 6th man role for the good of the team, without complaint... Ginobili did, because he understood that in the long run that's what would help the team win.

so many things....

I'm not really disagreeing with your premise more so than underscoring why Ginobili has a win-share of his own right.
    And I'd never think to disparage Manu in any way, shape or form. The partnership formed by Duncan and Manu has been a joy to watch. I don't believe it takes anything away from Manu to recognize the preeminent position that Duncan holds.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'd never think to disparage Manu in any way, shape or form. The partnership formed by Duncan and Manu has been a joy to watch. I don't believe it takes anything away from Manu to recognize the preeminent position that Duncan holds.
    I can agree to that because Ginobili himself would be the first to say it. [of course this would be followed by Ginobili pulling out his gold medal from 2004 and telling Duncan "thanks" ]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can agree to that because Ginobili himself would be the first to say it. [of course this would be followed by Ginobili pulling out his gold medal from 2004 and telling Duncan "thanks" ]

Manu will always have scoreboard there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I get out of that article is more confirmation on what should be obvious by now: Manu > Tony

(let's see if ducks or Bukefal take the bait )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I get out of that article is more confirmation on what should be obvious by now: Manu > Tony

(let's see if ducks or Bukefal take the bait )
    Well now, that is a clear and indisputable fact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both being > Duncan

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a pretty cool thing to know about the true big three of the decade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ALL-TIME PLAYER WINNING PERCENTAGES
    PLAYER REG. SEASON PLAYOFFS
    Larry Bird .736 .604
    Manu Ginobili .724 .654
    Sam Jones .718 .649
    Bill Russell .717 .648
    Tony Parker .716 .615
    Tim Duncan .712 .631
    Scottie Pippen .688 .654
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar .688 .650
    Magic Johnson .674 .740
    Shaquille O'Neal .672 .601
    Robert Horry .671 .635
    Michael Jordan .659 .665
    Bob Cousy .655 .578
    Jerry West .638 .569
    tbh Manu would be 1st if Parker was passing to him more.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand Manu having the great career because of and playing next to Tim Duncan and even Tony but at the same if Manu's just a good role player on this team why couldn't the Spurs have continued winning after he went down with an injury. With the talent of Tim and Tony alone shouldn't they have won more games alone without him?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic`s playoff number is insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand Manu having the great career because of and playing next to Tim Duncan and even Tony but at the same if Manu's just a good role player on this team why couldn't the Spurs have continued winning after he went down with an injury. With the talent of Tim and Tony alone shouldn't they have won more games alone without him?
    LOL u tryin to play reverse mind games on gino fans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker has the best Playoff winning percentage of those players listed @ .695.

Manu has the best Regular Season winning percentage @ .716 and that is what puts him higher than Parker on the combined totals.
    Nope, Manu has the best record at both, Parker's playoff record is miscalculated. 79-53 doesnt stand as a .695 but .595.
    The writer misstyped on that one.
    Manu PO record is 74-43 which is higher than 79-53.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas has become known for regularly winning 60 games in the regular season, but not for winning playoff series.

He's Manu Ginobili carina_gino20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pros of playing w great teammates & coaches!! Feels good to be there! http://bit.ly/ft7A91
    http://twitter.com/manuginobili/stat...61274765934592

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The 50 Hottest Blondes in Sports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs do better when all three play (obvious)... The impact of having lost Manu to stress fractures and the such hurt Duncan's and Parker's percentages... and vice versa...

In the end though, Manu's heart, all-out-style and his will to win are reflected on the scoreboard... and hence the phenomenal winning percentage...

Thread Information