Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team failing miserably in attracting free agents and completely mishandling his injury has him wanting to leave ASAP

Pop and RC have really screwed the pooch this time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop & RC screwed the pooch because what Jalen Rose said... Interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TL;DW

Jalen Rose:

Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio from what I'm hearing. One is they've been unable to attract elite free agents to come play with him. ... The Spurs way looks like opportunity dressed in overalls. It looks like work. Players talk about wanting to win & being a champion but ultimately want to do it on their terms. Who's the CEO of the Spurs? Gregg Popovich. It's going to be his way. Also his injury situation. In the lineup, out of the lineup. Was he misdiagnosed? The Celtics fired their entire staff as it related to Isaiah Thomas injury. Maybe the same thing will happen in the future with San Antonio. The next super-team? Probably wherever Kawhi ends up.​

SAS:

I'm hearing the same thing. San Antonio has been spoiled by Tim Duncan, the ultimate soldier. ... Kawhi's uncle is running the show right now. This isn't typical stuff the Spurs have had to deal with. This is not a surprise. This has been mentioned in passing. It's hitting a boiling point now. Tim Duncan? That's family, the San Antonio Spurs. To Kawhi, Uncle Robertson, that's family, not the San Antonio Spurs & that's what the Spurs are NOT accustomed to dealing with & that's a problem for them.​

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clture

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Thanks HEB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

People here were calling it before but others couldn't believe it because it messes with their pristine and infallibility of PATFO. Too much incoming semen to effectively shield this time.

Duncan spoiled us big time.

Makes me think if the Spurs are going to be active in the trade season market if any of this is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs him until the end of next regardless. This will almost certainly push RC to make a trade to put a better piece next to Kawhi. Worst case scenario is they give up too much and he walks after next year.

the injury stuff can be healed with compe ive talent around Kawhi and winning. They are correct, Spurs in a dangerous place. Reminds me of Kobe before Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know Jalen has ever broken anything real in. He likes to give hot takes. Might have been reading spurstalk and has some as his "sauces".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hey lets all applaud the Spurs strapping on 100 million to Patty and Pau over the next 3-4 years.

For those who supported the moves last summer...

Congratulations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know Jalen has ever broken anything real in. He likes to give hot takes. Might have been reading spurstalk and has some as his "sauces".
    Exactly. I mean if Woj had included this in his piece, then sure, you think dam it might be legit. But it's freaking Jalen Rose and Stephen A Smith. They're suddenly in the know about what happens with the Spurs behind the scenes? Kinda funny tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen has done pretty well, Spurs horrible offseason is the final nail in the coffin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...lling/dt2erfe/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better try to fix all the they did during the offseason. Trade Tony if necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen has done pretty well, Spurs horrible offseason is the final nail in the coffin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...lling/dt2erfe/
    Jalen says “Do not believe the rumors that he’s not happy in San Antonio, he’s not sitting out to prove a point. The gentleman is really injured.”
    Which is it Jalen? #RoseBomb (?)

Rose has never broke anything Spurs related. But he's sure tied into arguably the quietest guy in the league who doesn't give the media anything. Makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That same uncle just went on record saying all is good. Fact, is we've no idea what is just frustration from the injury, what is gamesmanship (Hey, you better give me the super max), what is talking heads spouting off to get air time, and what is truth.

And why isn't the signing of LaMarcus considered a big name FA? Dudes been an all star 5 times. He was second all-nba his last season in Portland,

Where there's smoke there's fire. But the size of the fire remains unknown.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have gotten Aldridge, Pau, and Gay in the last 3 offseasons as free agents. Those are pretty big names. What more was realistically possible? The Spurs met with Durant, tried really hard to get Irving.

The Mills deal was horrible but the Pau deal was so-so, and his play is almost justifying it. Simmons is highly overrated. What else was the Spurs' FO supposed to do? Believe it or not, there is some middle ground between A+ and F.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have gotten Aldridge, Pau, and Gay in the last 3 offseasons as free agents. Those are pretty big names. What more was realistically possible? The Spurs met with Durant, tried really hard to get Irving.

The Mills deal was horrible but the Pau deal was so-so, and his play is almost justifying it. Simmons is highly overrated. What else was the Spurs' FO supposed to do? Believe it or not, there is some middle ground between A+ and F.
    Yes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slurp slurp slurp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im leaving with Kawhi fellas

Jumping from this stinking sinking ship ASAP

50 million to aussie burger and resigning a guatmalan dead mummy lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gasol is 36 this is not 2009 Gasol, he's an over the hill veteran on a generous contract. Gay was coming off an injury that tends to end careers. Spurs need to sign contributing players under 30, not dinosaurs and injury prone players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawhi really liked the team they had last season. And they let some of them leave and didn't bring back much in return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loooove me some Kawhi. A black male athlete that isn't self centered, showboat, an helps kids for free.. This dude is my hero. But if he thinks he can get to a better organization better than the Spurs... let that go. him!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of this ing espn...looks always to have a reason to take us down. Ok we're not the most advertising friendly team, but till now this year (and we are in january) they never spent a word on how we managed to have (till some weeks ago) one of the best records. Thay came just when they can give a shot at us...
    Coming to tha KL status, the one thing he should understand id that, despite what these persons on espn are gonna say, he's been treated always as a part of the family.
    He has been elected as the face of the franchise just after Tim and he has been given the chance to do so at the best possible level (compete and win the nba championship)just two years after half of the nba believed he was nothing special (15 draft pick). also the espn part about no stars coming to SA is wrong...LMA was one of the best big man available on the market and he came here...and, thanks to the management, he'll be under contract for more years.
    Obviously, that can't happen every year...also because people make different decisions (see Durant last year and Paul and Irving this year).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasnt aldridge the huge name that offseason and we got him?? why the are people forgetting that

sure hes not 2003 tim but dudes still all star level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the ONE guy who broke the LaMarcus to San Antonio news 6 months before it actually happened.

Thread Information