View Poll Results: Which player loss would have the biggest impact on Team Defensive Rating?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi

12 57.14%
  • Dedmon

4 19.05%
  • Danny

2 9.52%
  • LMa

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which player loss would have the biggest impact on Team Defensive Rating?

It seems like some posters are dumbasses.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per possession they are on the floor, Dedmon. Then Aldridge and Kawhi are probably at a tie. Danny is last.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per possession they are on the floor, Dedmon. Then Aldridge and Kawhi are probably at a tie. Danny is last.
    That's not the question got. Can you ing read?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon, easy. First, because he's the best defender on the team this year, and second because Kawhi would be replaced by Anderson, who's having the best defensive year of his career. So in a world where you could separate offense from defense (because the O would abysmal with Anderson starting at the three -- as we know), the Spurs would be pretty good defensively. Dedmon doesn't have a suitable replacement.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon, easy. First, because he's the best defender on the team this year, and second because Kawhi would be replaced by Anderson, who's having the best defensive year of his career. So in a world where you could separate offense from defense (because the O would abysmal with Anderson starting at the three -- as we know), the Spurs would be pretty good defensively. Dedmon doesn't have a suitable replacement.
    That's where you ed up already.

I'm talking about real basketball here. Some other people will have to score. Those other players can't conserve their energy on just defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where you ed up already.

I'm talking about real basketball here. Some other people will have to score. Those other players can't conserve their energy on just defense.
    Not really. I think the Spurs' DRtg would be just fine with Anderson starting, which is your question. They're offense would suck so bad, though.

Believe me, you don't want to go down the rabbit hole of connecting D to O. That looks worse for Kawhi.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I think the Spurs' DRtg would be just fine with Anderson starting, which is your question. They're offense would suck so bad, though.

Believe me, you don't want to go down the rabbit hole of connecting D to O. That looks worse for Kawhi.
    And that's why you don't know about basketball. Someone needs to score. This is the real world. You do need to expend energy on offense. That is a FACT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's why you don't know about basketball. Someone needs to score. This is the real world. You do need to expend energy on offense. That is a FACT.
    No one said anything about not spending energy. If you're trying to push the argument that Kawhi's D has fallen off given his offensively load, I won't argue. But you should go ahead and do that instead of acting like the D hasn't fallen off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one said anything about not spending energy. If you're trying to push the argument that Kawhi's D has fallen off given his offensively load, I won't argue. But you should go ahead and do that instead of acting like the D hasn't fallen off.
    Can a legit argument be made for LMA? He plays a lot more minutes than Dedmon. He's the opposite of Kawhi, his O has fallen off as his D has risen.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about the totality of the game.

Where we would be without Kawhi or Dedmon defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can a legit argument be made for LMA? He plays a lot more minutes than Dedmon. He's the opposite of Kawhi, his O has fallen off as his D has risen.
    I think you can make a pretty good argument that he's been great for the team defensively. But like Kawhi, he's sporting a negative on-off, so I'm not sure. It's possible that Kawhi is dragging LMA's rating down, though. It's can't be overstated how poorly Kawhi's grading out right now. So I'm not sure it tracks with the stats too well.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does LMA become a more offensive player? Does he play less defense?

Does Porker become a more offensive player? Does he play less defense?

Does having 2 even worse defensive players than they are now impact the team defensive rating?

You see how this goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about the totality of the game.

Where we would be without Kawhi or Dedmon defensively.
    I think the Spurs would be pretty good defensively without Kawhi and pretty shaky without Dedmon. Without both, it would be a struggle.

Also, pretty sure you were vehement in your assertion that we were talking about defense only just a little while ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you can make a pretty good argument that he's been great for the team defensively. But like Kawhi, he's sporting a negative on-off, so I'm not sure. It's possible that Kawhi is dragging LMA's rating down, though. It's can't be overstated how poorly Kawhi's grading out right now. So I'm not sure it tracks with the stats too well.
    That's interesting, thanks. I'm surprised that LMA is a negative. The eye-test says his defense is improved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does LMA become a more offensive player? Does he play less defense?
    He probably does, though his touches don't track with Kawhi's very well. My guess is more Tony, Green and Simmons.

Does Porker become a more offensive player? Does he play less defense?
    I don't think Parker plays much less defense, and I especially don't think it matters.

Does having 2 even worse defensive players than they are now impact the team defensive rating?
    It does, but not as much as having no anchor.

You see how this goes.
    I do. You still seem to be trying to figure it out.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs would be pretty good defensively without Kawhi and pretty shaky without Dedmon. Without both, it would be a struggle.

Also, pretty sure you were vehement in your assertion that we were talking about defense only just a little while ago.
    I have always talked about leading his team defensively. Does dedmon get a boost playing vs scrubs during garbage time, or playing a significant time playing vs bench players or that he would have to play with a SF that is defensively challenged player like pau gasol to see how his actual rating would be.

A ton of white noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's interesting, thanks. I'm surprised that LMA is a negative. The eye-test says his defense is improved.
    Every starter is a negative, though most are positives without Kawhi. Kawhi's defensive on-offs are the worst on the team by an order of magnitude. I don't think people understand it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you don't say better or worse impact, losing TP might have the biggest effect.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense has improved.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you don't say better or worse impact, losing TP might have the biggest effect.

this team would be historically good on defense without Porker.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always talked about leading his team defensively. Does dedmon get a boost playing vs scrubs during garbage time, or playing a significant time playing vs bench players or that he would have to play with a SF that is defensively challenged player like pau gasol to see how his actual rating would be.

A ton of white noise.
    Or resting vs teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No option for Parker...biased poll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le specifically says defensive raring and OP later acts like he's talking about "totality"

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le specifically says defensive raring and OP later acts like he's talking about "totality"
    You still have to play offense dumbass.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shifting roles has an impact on defensive rating.

But you low IQ cucks don't realize that.

Thread Information