Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um he is shooting a higher percentage from three this year than Steph, Klay, Korver, and Belli.
    And my guess is that Steph and Klay shoot more consistently at their average than Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that he has games where he's terrible. 0 for 4 or 1 for 5, etc. I don't care about Kover or Belli. If Steph is off, he can still create off the dribble and take the ball to the hoop. Green is terrible at that.
    Haha, so you are comparing his driving abilities to Steph?? Ha! Still doesn't make Green's shot fundamentally flawed. Not sure what your argument is. No, he cannot drive like Steph, but he isn't asked to do that. He is asked to be a 3 and D guy. His D is better than Steph's. When he is off he can still defende and still space the floor. He also is incredibly helpful next to Kawhi on defense so that Kawhi doesn't always have to guard the best man every time down the court. If I had to choose between Steph and Danny than I am obviously choosing Curry, but that isn't an option I see available for the Spurs any time soon. Also doesn't change the fact that Danny is a greet shooter and PHENOMENAL defender.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize 41% from 3 with elite perimeter defense is ing amazing, right? $10 mil a season is nothing in the modern cap era, especially for a starter on a 60+ win team.
    Elite perimeter defense? Slow down there this isn't 2013. Also, lets not act like Green took an out of this world discount.

Here are a couple of 3&D players who are better than D-League Danny, can dribble a basketball, and get paid LESS or around his range:

Jae Crowder (7M/yr)
    Avery Bradley (8M/yr)
    Iman Shumpert (9M/yr)
    Trevor Ariza (8M/yr)
    Patrick Beverley (5.7M/yr)
    Tyler Johnson (12.5M/yr)
    DeMarre Carroll (14.5M/yr)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, so you are comparing his driving abilities to Steph?? Ha! Still doesn't make Green's shot fundamentally flawed. Not sure what your argument is. No, he cannot drive like Steph, but he isn't asked to do that. He is asked to be a 3 and D guy. His D is better than Steph's. When he is off he can still defende and still space the floor. He also is incredibly helpful next to Kawhi on defense so that Kawhi doesn't always have to guard the best man every time down the court. If I had to choose between Steph and Danny than I am obviously choosing Curry, but that isn't an option I see available for the Spurs any time soon. Also doesn't change the fact that Danny is a greet shooter and PHENOMENAL defender.
    Your original response had nothing to do with my comment about his shot. You just threw out %'s. The fact that Green is so inconsistent backs up my "fundamentally flawed" comment. If Green shot close to his average every game, he'd be way more valuable. I would also guess that Klay and Steph shoot more contested shots than Green.

If you gave any of those guys you mentioned the same open shots as Green, I think they'd make a higher % than DG. Danny rarely puts up a shot with someone in his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your original response had nothing to do with my comment about his shot. You just threw out %'s. The fact that Green is so inconsistent backs up my "fundamentally flawed" comment. If Green shot close to his average every game, he'd be way more valuable. I would also guess that Klay and Steph shoot more contested shots than Green.

If you gave any of those guys you mentioned the same open shots as Green, I think they'd make a higher % than DG. Danny rarely puts up a shot with someone in his face.
    So you have stats on Green's consistency and the percentage of open shots vs contested shots he, Klay, and Steph are shooting? Or are you just basing it on your estimations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have stats on Green's consistency and the percentage of open shots vs contested shots he, Klay, and Steph are shooting? Or are you just basing it on your estimations?
    No, I don't have those stats. But I have watched a load of games and I can confidently tell you that Green almost never shoots a contested three. Not to the level that the others do. As to my comment about the others having a smaller game by game deviation from their average, that data is easily obtained.

Do you not agree that Danny Green is inconsistent as ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015-2016 3pt shooting splits:
    Oct - 20%
    Nov - 33.8%
    Dec - 26.8%
    Jan - 49.1%
    Feb - 36.7%
    Mar - 25.8%
    Apr - 40.4%
    May - 44.8%

D-League is one of the most inconsistent shooters I've ever seen. If you haven't noticed that by now and needed confirmation....... I don't know what to tell you buddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oct - 20%
    Nov - 33.8%
    Dec - 26.8%
    Jan - 49.1%
    Feb - 36.7%
    Mar - 25.8%
    Apr - 40.4%
    May - 44.8%

D-League is one of the most inconsistent shooters I've ever seen. If you haven't noticed that by now and needed confirmation....... I don't know what to tell you buddy.
    Using his stats from his one down shooting year with the Spurs. Have the stats for this season? and 2014?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you not agree that Danny Green is inconsistent as ?
    I don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oct - 20%
    Nov - 33.8%
    Dec - 26.8%
    Jan - 49.1%
    Feb - 36.7%
    Mar - 25.8%
    Apr - 40.4%
    May - 44.8%

Just looked up his stats for the two years before 15-16 and this year, not inconsistent at all. Shall I post them for you??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's your stats:

Danny Green:

Closest Defender/ Freq
    0-2 feet /6.3%
    2-4 feet /25.9%
    4-6 feet /30.4%
    6+ feet /37.5%

Steph Curry

Closest Defender/ Freq
    0-2 feet /13.3%
    2-4 feet /31.6%
    4-6 feet /36.3%
    6+ feet /18.8%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using his stats from his one down shooting year with the Spurs. Have the stats for this season? and 2014?
    No, I'm using the stats from this past season. The latest complete example lmao.

2014? Sure do you want Parker's 2013 numbers as well?

Here is this season 3p% so far:
    Oct - N/A
    Nov - 43.4%
    Dec - 48.4%
    Jan - 31.1%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI, I also checked on Klay, Belli, and Kyle. None of them shoot as high a % of wide open shots as Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shooting 43% on 3PTers this year...
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green 3p%:

2013-14:
    Oct. (Spurs only had 1 game) 33%
    Nov. 45%
    Dec. 40%
    Jan. (He only started 2 games) 14%
    Feb. 39%
    Mar. 51%
    Apr. 40%

2014-15
    Oct. 43%
    Nov. 42%
    Dec. 39%
    Jan. 43&
    Feb. 29%
    Mar. 46%
    Apr. 48%

2016-17:
    Nov. 43%
    Dec. 48%
    Jan. 33%

He also shoots 44% from three for his career in the playoffs.

Other than 2015-16, which was his one bad season shooting (he got better as the year went along that season btw) he has been very consistent for his entire career as the Spurs starting SG.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here are a couple of 3&D players who are better than D-League Danny, can dribble a basketball, and get paid LESS or around his range:

Jae Crowder (7M/yr)
    Avery Bradley (8M/yr)
    Iman Shumpert (9M/yr)
    Trevor Ariza (8M/yr)
    Patrick Beverley (5.7M/yr)
    Tyler Johnson (12.5M/yr)
    DeMarre Carroll (14.5M/yr)
    Iman Shumpert
    Career 3pt% = 34%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI, I also checked on Klay, Belli, and Kyle. None of them shoot as high a % of wide open shots as Green.
    Thank you for actually looking it up as opposed to just guessing. You are right he shoots more open shots. Still doesn't make him inconsistent. He is still a phenomenal defender.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of s, how's your mother doing?
    Fine thanks for asking. Mom jokes brought out the big guns lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for actually looking it up as opposed to just guessing. You are right he shoots more open shots. Still doesn't make him inconsistent. He is still a phenomenal defender.
    I like Green for the most part. I agree his defense is good and it helps offset the nights when he isn't shooting well. It's just maddening when the Spurs move the ball around to get a wide open shot and he misses. I have more confidence in him when he shoots the pull up three in transition. And I realize it is what it is, but I'm still dumbfounded that he's fairly athletic but so awkward taking the ball to the rim. His drives look so unnatural for someone that has been playing basketball for as long as he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Green for the most part. I agree his defense is good and it helps offset the nights when he isn't shooting well. It's just maddening when the Spurs move the ball around to get a wide open shot and he misses. I have more confidence in him when he shoots the pull up three in transition. And I realize it is what it is, but I'm still dumbfounded that he's fairly athletic but so awkward taking the ball to the rim. His drives look so unnatural for someone that has been playing basketball for as long as he has.
    I agree that he isn't good at driving the lane. But that weakness doesn't hurt the Spurs too much because he isn't relied on to do that. He makes enough catch and shoot threes to negate his poor driving ability. His defense is great, and he hits a lot of threes in the clutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, none of this would matter if he was making his shots last night. He did have a bad shooting night and they were for the most part wide open shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't believe people are still going over the same issues like they're new ground. Green's always been this way, folks. He was like this when the Spurs were in the Finals. He was like this when outdueling Curry and Durant in games. This is who he is, and it's damned good. Stop waiting for a slump to freak out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop waiting for a slump to freak out.

This statement was super hilarious!

Waiting for a slump to freak out is what the forum excels at!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iman Shumpert
    Career 3pt% = 34%
    2016-2017:

D-League Danny - 26.4MPG, 7.5ppg, 3.0reb, 1.9ast, 0.9stl, 42.2FG%, 40.9 3p%, 10.9PER, 2.1WS

Iman Shumpert - 24.8MPG, 7.7ppg, 2.9reb, 1.6ast, 1.0stl, 44.1FG%, 40.6 3p%, 10.9PER, 1.9WS

you laughing at Shumpert
    identical numbers to D-League Danny
    proves my point
    still gets paid less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't believe people are still going over the same issues like they're new ground. Green's always been this way, folks. He was like this when the Spurs were in the Finals. He was like this when outdueling Curry and Durant in games. This is who he is, and it's damned good. Stop waiting for a slump to freak out.
    Are these alternative facts?

Didnt know 1 1/2 seasons was a "slump"

Thread Information