Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is turning into a massive cluster for Obama. this is like his Fast and the Furious 2, maybe the media will go back to explore the original. most likely not.

least people are realizing how bad this situation is. I realize the Democrats want to overload the system and country to obtain power, but this could backfire imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the stats on illegal aliens? exactly how much do they cost the country in tax dollars and on the flipside, does it hurt the economy or help it any? There will never be a way to prevent people from trying to live a better life or find better place to live. But the only solution is to make it more dificult to get benefits and to beef up the border patrol to limit the number of aliens coming into the country. if you ask me, if someone with nothing can come into your country, learn your language and take your job, you should be the ones deported. The real american jobs being taken are all them outsourcing jobs that go to india. thats where just as much outrage should be directed to. a republican corporate border fence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is turning into a massive cluster for Obama. this is like his Fast and the Furious 2, maybe the media will go back to explore the original. most likely not.

least people are realizing how bad this situation is. I realize the Democrats want to overload the system and country to obtain power, but this could backfire imo.
    you wish

F&F did nothing to Obama, was just yet another Repug/Fox fabricated scandal and outrage.

Obama didn't cause the kids to come, but he MUST obey dubya/Repug/bipartisan LAW of several years ago NOT to deport the kids immediately. IT'S THE LAW.

You right wingers are so ed up in your ideological/political fantasy land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you wish

F&F did nothing to Obama, was just yet another Repug/Fox fabricated scandal and outrage.

Obama didn't cause the kids to come, but he MUST obey dubya/Repug/bipartisan LAW of several years ago NOT to deport the kids immediately. IT'S THE LAW.

You right wingers are so ed up in your ideological/political fantasy land.

you're such a fascist got tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Democrats Say GOP Stalling Aided Immigrant Influx

Border Democrats are pushing back against GOP colleagues in the U.S. House who have said that current White House policies are responsible for the swell of Central American migrants breaching the Texas border.

The Democratic lawmakers argue that a bipartisan border security bill by Texas Republican U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul has languished for months due to political infighting and partisan gridlock in the GOP-controlled U.S. House. McCaul and other Republicans, however, contend that the immigration reform debate stalled the legislation, and that the influx of immigrants won't stop until the federal government begins sending illegal crossers home.

“The Homeland Security Committee passed the McCaul-Thompson legislation 14 months ago, but the majority leader has failed to bring the bill to the House floor for a vote,” said U.S. Rep. Filemon Vela, D-Brownsville, referring to McCaul's HR 1417.

McCaul is chairman of the committee, which unanimously approved the legislation in May 2013. U.S. Reps. Lamar Smith, R-San Antonio; Beto O’Rourke, D-El Paso; and Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, are also on the committee, along with Vela.

If passed, the bill would establish a goal of a 90 percent apprehension rate at the border. It would also require the Department of Homeland Security to create metrics to measure progress and would increase the technology the government uses on the U.S.-Mexico border.

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/07/...d-immigrant-i/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drug wars fuel Mexico's hidden displacement crisis -rights group
    Thomson Reuters Foundation - Wed, 2 Jul 2014 11:11 GMT
    Author: Katie Nguyen

LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Hundreds of thousands of Mexicans have been forced to flee their homes by drug-trafficking groups in a "hidden humanitarian crisis" the authorities have not publicly acknowledged, a U.S.-based advocacy group said on Wednesday.

Refugees International said entire rural communities had been run off their ranches by organised criminal gangs wanting to seize their land.

Many families have experienced extortion, kidnapping and killings, often fleeing to cities where they are at risk of further violence stemming from the military's war against organised crime.

"Despite the fact that Mexico has multiple mechanisms in place to assist IDPs (internally displaced persons) in specific cir stances, the federal government has not demonstrated willingness to fully admit to and robustly support those displaced by organised criminal groups," RI said in its report.

Mexican officials were not immediately available for comment.
    http://www.trust.org/item/2014070211...ly+9+July+2014

stories about the drug cartels make me think many of these Mexican "illegal aliens" that cross the boarder are really refugees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the facts...

Debunking 8 Myths About Why Central American Children Are Migrating

There is no “lax enforcement” on the U.S./Mexico border. There are over 20,000 Border Patrol Agents; that number was as low as 9,800 in 2001. We have walls and a system of large, centralized detention centers that didn't exist just 15 years ago. Now more than 350,000 people spend some time in an immigrant detention center every year. The U.S. spends more on immigration enforcement than all other enforcement activities of the federal government combined, including the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The growing numbers of people in detention—young people as well as families and adults— is being used as a pretext by the anti-immigrant lobby in Washington, including the Tea Party and the Border Patrol itself, for demanding increases in the budget for enforcement. The Obama administration has given way before this pressure.
    http://inthesetimes.com/article/1691...ration_from_ce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The migration of children and families didn’t just start recently. It has been going on for a long time, although the numbers have recently surged. The tide of migration from Central America goes back to wars that the U.S. promoted in the 1980s, in which we armed the forces, governments or contras, who were most opposed to progressive social change. Many hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans came to the U.S. during the late 1970s and 80s, to say nothing of Guatemalans and Nicaraguans. Whole families migrated, but so did parts of families, leaving loved ones behind with the hope that some day they'd be reunited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The recent increase in the numbers of child migrants is not just a response to gang violence, although this is the most-cited cause in U.S. media coverage. Migration is as much or more a consequence of the increasing economic crisis for rural people in Central America and Mexico, as well as the failure of those economies to produce jobs. People are leaving because they can't survive where they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The failure of Central America's economies is largely due to the North American and Central American Free Trade Agreements and their accompanying economic changes, including privatization of businesses, the displacement of communities by foreign mining projects and cuts in the social budget. The treaties allowed huge U.S. corporations to dump corn and other agricultural products in Mexico and Central America, forcing rural families off their lands when they could not compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When governments or people have resisted NAFTA and CAFTA, the United States has threatened reprisal. Right-wing Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) put forward a measure to cut off the flow of remittances (money sent back to Salvadoran families from family members working in the U.S.) if the leftwing party, the FMLN, won the 2004 presidential election. His bill did not pass, but the U.S. Embassy in San Salvador admitted that it had intervened. In 2009, the Honduran army overthrew President Manuel Zelaya after he raised the minimum wage, gave subsidies to small farmers, cut interest rates and ins uted free education. The Obama administration gave a de facto approval to the coup regime that followed. If social and political change had taken place in Honduras, we would see far fewer Hondurans trying to come to the U.S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gang violence in Central America has a U.S. origin. Over the past two decades, young people from Central America have arrived in L.A. and big U.S. cities, where many were recruited into gangs, a story eloquently told by photographer Donna DeCesare in the recent book Unsettled/Desasociego: Children in the World of Gangs. The Maratrucha Salvadoreña gang, which today's newspaper stories hold responsible for the violence driving people from El Salvador, was organized in Los Angeles, not in Central America. U.S. law enforcement and immigration authorities responded to the rise of gang activity here with a huge program of deportations. The U.S. has been deporting approximately 400,000 people per year since 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moreover, U.S. foreign policy in Central America has actively led to the growth of gang violence there. In El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, U.S. law enforcement assistance pressured local law enforcement to adopt a mano dura, or hardline, approach to gang members, leading to the incarceration of many young people deported from the U.S. almost as soon as they arrived. Prisons became schools for gang recruitment. Even in El Salvador—where the leftwing FMLN government at least has a commitment to a policy of jobs and economic development to take young people off the street and to provide an alternative to migration—conservative police and military forces continue to support heavy enforcement. In Guatemala and Honduras, the U.S. is supporting very rightwing governments that only use a harsh enforcement approach. Hypocritically, while punishing deportees and condemning migration, these two governments actually use the migration of people to the U.S. as a source of remittances to keep their economies afloat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids looking for families here are looking for those who were already displaced by war and economic crisis. The separation of families is a cause of much of the current migration of young people. Young people fleeing the violence are reacting to the consequences of policies for which the U.S. government is largely responsible, in the only way open to them.

Two and three years ago we were hearing from the Pew Hispanic Trust and other sources that migration had “leveled off.” No one is bothering to claim that anymore. Migration hasn't stopped because the forces causing it are more powerful than ever.

More enforcement will not deal with the causes of the migration from Central America. In fact, the deportation of more people back to their countries of origin will increase joblessness and economic desperation—the main factors causing people to leave. Violence, which feeds on that desperation, will increase as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kids say in interviews that if they are deported, they will try again, just like the older immigrants looking for work have done for years.

and STILL the right-wingers here, or anywhere, have not given any solution to the problem.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-09-2014 at 09:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd welcome these militias down here.

at
    "There's nothing that is taking place down there that I am not intimately aware of and briefed on. This isn't theater. This is a problem," he said.
    On another note, another classic Perry gem:
    Governor Rick Perry suggested that President Barack Obama could be leading a conspiracy to bring immigrants into the country. "We either have an incredibly inept administration, or they're in on this somehow," Perry said in an interview with ABC. "I mean, I hate to be conspiratorial, but I mean, how do you move that many people from Central America across Mexico and then into the United States without there being a fairly coordinated effort?"
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...to-5604303.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who wants to argue with Jesus?

(TEXAS) Pastor Robert Jeffress tells Fox: Jesus would have wanted a border fence

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/1...e+Raw+Story%29

Jesus for House Repug Leader!

Jesus for Senate Repug Leader!

Jesus for the Supreme Court!

Jesus for President!!!!

Jesus turns Christians' brains to dog .
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-10-2014 at 09:30 AM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So who wants to argue with Jesus?

(TEXAS) Pastor Robert Jeffress tells Fox: Jesus would have wanted a border fence

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/1...e+Raw+Story%29

Jesus for House Repug Leader!

Jesus for Senate Repug Leader!

Jesus for the Supreme Court!

Jesus for President!!!!

Jesus turns Christians' brains to dog .
    Your bigotry against Christians is showing...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your bigotry against Christians is showing...
    ... Christians' bigotry toward and bogus, self-proclaimed supremacy over non-Christians is ing up America.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's a "solution" many of you right-wingers support

Bundy-Style Militia Leader In Texas: ‘Get Back … Or You Will Be Shot’

An activist who is rallying a Bundy Ranch-style militia to the Texas border to address the ongoing crisis there reportedly released a YouTube video in which he said those crossing illegally would be warned: "Get back across the border or you will be shot."

Operation Secure Our Border, with its own Facebook page, is being organized by members of the "Patriot" movement along with Oathkeepers and Three-Percenters, according to the San Antonio Express News. Those are some of the same militia groups that came to Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's defense earlier this year.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrak...+%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    here's a "solution" many of you right-wingers support

Bundy-Style Militia Leader In Texas: ‘Get Back … Or You Will Be Shot’

An activist who is rallying a Bundy Ranch-style militia to the Texas border to address the ongoing crisis there reportedly released a YouTube video in which he said those crossing illegally would be warned: "Get back across the border or you will be shot."

Operation Secure Our Border, with its own Facebook page, is being organized by members of the "Patriot" movement along with Oathkeepers and Three-Percenters, according to the San Antonio Express News. Those are some of the same militia groups that came to Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's defense earlier this year.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrak...+%28TPMNews%29

They were pretty successful at Bundy's ranch, maybe they'll see success again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, murder a few kids, huge success

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bundy and his butthole gun fellators have the sheriff and Feds after them. They'll regret their little fun times at Bundy's ranch.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    yeah, murder a few kids, huge success
    Not a single shot fired during the Bundy standoff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a single shot fired during the Bundy standoff.
    threatening violence against state, federal employees for political objectives is terrorism.

They could be ed if the prosecutors want to. PLENTY of photos and film

Thread Information