Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, another Kawhi vs. Parker thread.

Original stuff, fellas. Keep the hits coming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a dumbphuck would see this as a shot from green to kawhi. But of course its the usual 4-5 dumbphucks that see it as just that. smh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a dumbphuck
    The irony.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I feel like coming into the Spurs Tim and Pop plays at least some part in that. the young guys respect the legacy and all that.
    Introverts aren't necessarily shy; they act a certain way depending on the setting. I'm an introvert myself & there are certain folks I don't care to interact with (who end up thinking I'm shy) but I've no issues socializing with someone that I find to be interesting. People label introverts as shy b/c they don't care much for going out & socializing w/ random folks at a clubs/bars but it's really b/c they don't care much for small talk/random conversations & not b/c they are scared of people. We introvert like to focus our energy on things that TRULY matter to us & small talk/random conversation isn't one of them besides just b/c we don't laugh at your corny jokes it doesn't mean we don't have a sense of humor.....it just means that we find you to be corny.

Tim/Kawhi avoid the media b/c they hates wasting energy interacting w/ people they doesn't find to be interesting & partaking in small talk/random conversation not b/c they are scared of the media. Kawhi is young & still learning how to handle the media but at this point of their careers, they are probably more comfortable w/ public speaking than numerous so call extroverts b/c they have done it numerous times. People forget Pippen (the guys Kawhi get compared to) was a country boy when he came into the league & was never a media darling. Derrick Rose on the other hand is shy since he tends to talk on the court w/ other players & is friendly w/ the local media but doesn't seem comfortable in front of strangers/national media.

I would only be worried about a person if they have low self-esteem (not the same as shy) & last I checked Tim/Kawhi are two pretty confident fellas.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 10-01-2015 at 09:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014-2015 season:

Tony Parker FG% - 48.6%
    Kawhi Leonard FG% - 47.9%

Tony Parker AST% - 28.7%
    Kawhi Leonard AST% - 13.0% (career-high)

Tony Parker APG Per 36 - 6.2
    Kawhi Leonard APG Per 36 - 2.9 (career-high)

Parker's worst season still outplaying a 20M/yr player in his prime
    There's no such as APG per 36m. It's APG or AP 36m.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There's no such as APG per 36m. It's APG or AP 36m.
    He graduated laude from special ed so give him a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo I always saw that gif on here of him laughing at Jimmer but other than that I hadn't seen any clips of ihm in college. Is that him dancing at :23

Weird that he would become more introverted as an NBA player.
    I realize most NBA players just become empowered to display their immaturity on a world stage, however some actually do mature as they age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reporter: Talking to one of your staffers yesterday, this person said that they noticed just how much more easier it is to score when he's [LMA] on the bucket. You know, obviously you guys like to move the ball, move players, but you have to execute hard to manufacture buckets at times and with him, it's just you just give it to him and he can score. Have you noticed that facet? Just how much easier it can be?

Danny: Definitely, definitely. We didn't have one of those guys where you just throw the ball to and say "Go get us a bucket", um, we have that now with him [LMA], and David West can do the same. So, um, that helps when were not shooting well and there's a drought, but it makes it easier to score because you cant double team anybody with there being a lot of threats on the floor....

Yet some player fan neck beards on here are questioning Aldridge taking too many shots. Like DG said, we didn't have a go to scorer last year. No matter how much you hype up Kawhi, no one on the team believes he's a go-to scorer.. Thus showing just how hard Pop tried to recruit LMAlpha, a true first option.
    Kinda funny to see the (Kawhi only) fans freak out and get so defensive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize most NBA players just become empowered to display their immaturity on a world stage, however some actually do mature as they age.
    It's not really maturity thing. I'm sure losing his father at like 16 matured him quite a bit. It's the fact that in the NBA you're in the spotlight more often, and more inclined to be in social situations. Which I would assume would encourage someone to become more social rather than less tbh if that makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda funny to see the (Kawhi only) fans freak out and get so defensive
    Yup. Going at legends, future HOF's, and now Green.... Smfh these little s need to get shipped to Syria

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's becoming like Congress with those on each extreme trying to shout down everyone else.
    it's just so much nonsense here, so yea lol. The posting quality has dropped, the agenda's are getting old. Very little basketball discussion these days here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd argue Danny is a lot more important on offense seeing as wehenever he goes cold we go on a losing streak or get knocked out of the playoffs.
    Three point-shooters like Danny or Beli are more important on offense than a versatile offensive player like Kawhi, a top 10-15 NBA player, the #5/#6 offensive option is more important than the #1/#2 option...this makes you seem a little crazy but it's fine, Spurstalk is full of crazy people lately.

For the record, Kawhi always raised his three-point shooting in playoffs, sadly we can't say the same about other players.
    2011-12 37.6 3P% in the regular season 45% in playoffs
    2012-13 37.4 3P% in the regular season 39% in playoffs
    2013-14 37.9 3P% in the regular season 41.9% in playoffs
    2014-15 34.9 3P% in the regular season 42.3 % in playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also thought when Timmy was asked about Kawhi's leadership he was uncomfortable about that question. Min. 6.36 here http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/archive

He said Kawhi is coming along just fine and will be the leader he needs to be, when he needs to be it and that luckily "we're here" (assume he's talking about the big 3 here), and now the team has LMA and David West, so its a veteran team. He said it will be Kawhi's team in due time if it already isn't (looks away here, I am not sure he's convinced by this). The says that he will need to be the kind of leader that will have to learn on the fly.

Not sure what to make of this except that Kawhi is not ready to be the leader and luckily there are vets in the team.
    Or he meant just what he said.
    Sometimes you don't have to interpret, just listen, instead of thinking "what he meant when he said this line..."

Kawhi is coming along just fine and will be the leader he needs to be, when he needs to be it and that luckily we're here, it will be Kawhi's team in due time if it already isn't.

Nobody forced Tim to say these things.
    He could say "well... it's about Kawhi and LaMarcus now" "it's their team" or something like this, and both players would have been fine with it, but he still said Kawhi's team.

I'm not afraid of Spurs leadership transition, Duncan is and will be the leader of the team until he retires, he thinks Kawhi'll be ready to be that guy then, and Tim knows better than anyone how is when a young player needs to step up because the former team-leader left the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or he meant just what he said.
    Sometimes you don't have to interpret, just listen, instead of thinking "what he meant when he said this line..."

Kawhi is coming along just fine and will be the leader he needs to be, when he needs to be it and that luckily we're here, it will be Kawhi's team in due time if it already isn't.

Nobody forced Tim to say these things.
    He could say "well... it's about Kawhi and LaMarcus now" "it's their team" or something like this, and both players would have been fine with it, but he still said Kawhi's team.

I'm not afraid of Spurs leadership transition, Duncan is and will be the leader of the team until he retires, he thinks Kawhi'll be ready to be that guy then, and Tim knows better than anyone how is when a young player needs to step up because the former team-leader left the team.
    I am not afraid either. Afraid is kind of a strong word. You just know the vets are the leaders here, Tim says its going to be Kawhi's team if it already isn't, because its Tim and he's not going to be there proclaiming that Kawhi is not ready and its not his team. He says what you expect, but his body language shows he's not comfortable with that assessment, and he looks away from the eyes of the person asking. Make of it as you will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's primary focus has always been defense. He wasn't a scorer in college. He wasn't a scorer when he came to the Spurs. He's worked hard to develop an offensive game and is a great compliment as a 2nd option on the offensive end. I believe the Spurs asked too much of him in last year's playoffs from an offensive standpoint, but what were their other options? Green was off, Manu was slowed, Parker was hobbled, and Tim was almost 40 years old.

Green wasn't taking a 'shot' at Leonard. He was acknowledging LMA's greatness on the offensive end.

The DPOY, at his age, probably earns him a max deal no matter what he's doing on offense. Dennis Rodman would be a max player in today's NBA and he couldn't make a layup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's primary focus has always been defense. He wasn't a scorer in college. He wasn't a scorer when he came to the Spurs. He's worked hard to develop an offensive game and is a great compliment as a 2nd option on the offensive end. I believe the Spurs asked too much of him in last year's playoffs from an offensive standpoint, but what were their other options? Green was off, Manu was slowed, Parker was hobbled, and Tim was almost 40 years old.

Green wasn't taking a 'shot' at Leonard. He was acknowledging LMA's greatness on the offensive end.

The DPOY, at his age, probably earns him a max deal no matter what he's doing on offense. Dennis Rodman would be a max player in today's NBA and he couldn't make a layup.
    Right on the money!!!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same old boring ST shtick, setting players in opposition to each other.

Bunch of Middle school girls.
    " CN, Goboom, and apoplectic say Tony is fat so they call him Porker"

"Oh yeah, Well the Great Floating Turd says KL is re ed"

Bunch of putrid little insects...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

For the record, Kawhi always raised his three-point shooting in playoffs, sadly we can't say the same about other players.
    Kawhi is the modern day Big Game James Worthy & as unappreciated as Scottie Pippen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three point-shooters like Danny or Beli are more important on offense than a versatile offensive player like Kawhi, a top 10-15 NBA player, the #5/#6 offensive option is more important than the #1/#2 option...this makes you seem a little crazy but it's fine, Spurstalk is full of crazy people lately.

Lmao when did Leonard become reliable as a second option? Even by icy hot standards is take green I offense over Kawhi. Yes green is probably at his peak while Leonard will likely become a better player. But it's sad when Kawhi player fans resort to fantasy to make their points. Just enjoy Leonard for who he is and stop trying to white knight a multi millions salaried player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fwiw this and always was a dumb troll thread. There's literally no substance to the op point. Yet moths to the flame........

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the modern day Big Game James Worthy & as unappreciated as Scottie Pippen.
    Get out of here with that. He lost a finals with a FT. Lost to the Clips because he couldn't score. He's the modern day bruce bowen. The end

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lmao when did Leonard become reliable as a second option? Even by icy hot standards is take green I offense over Kawhi. Yes green is probably at his peak while Leonard will likely become a better player. But it's sad when Kawhi player fans resort to fantasy to make their points. Just enjoy Leonard for who he is and stop trying to white knight a multi millions salaried player.
    Yes you would take Danny's zero point till Gm 7 while taking open shots b/c you are an idiot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you would take Danny's zero point till Gm 7 while taking open shots b/c you are an idiot.
    LOL check Leonard's brick FT that cost a ring. = why he's not a #1 or #2.

good for him he got LMA. it will allow him to be a terrific 4th option... unstoppable

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LOL check Leonard's brick FT that cost a ring. = why he's not a #1 or #2.

good for him he got LMA. it will allow him to be a terrific 4th option... unstoppable
    Shut the up & go back to mowing the lawn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Sthap insulting my idol, log off! ^

Thread Information