Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I wasn't sure since they cut him that they own his rights if comes back.
    Since he was never signed by the Spurs outside of summer league, he was never cut.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm...I guess finally somebody who at least could work. But I doubt that it is gonna happen. Good looking prospect though and not some psycho head like Rasheed Wallace...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This discussion has rounded the bases, and I'm not sure if this is much of a rumor. Kori Ellis' point that Stein does not actually mention Collision is salient. Stein does confirm that the Jazz are shopping Fesenko. He has a team option after the season, and is cheap. He wouldn't help this season, but for a second round or two is better than anything the Spurs will pick up late. It might be worth trading for his training camp rights if nothing of immediate help pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gist is not improving much as of lately.
    He is raw material, 2 years from NBA level, minimum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gist isn't exactly raw. he already has the athleticism to rebound and defend in the NBA. he most likely would have turned out to be a pure hustle player if he signed with the spurs this year. he would rebound, defend, clean up around the rim, and play the pick and roll. i think the spurs see more potential in him so they sent him away to work on his mid range and perimeter skills. he has already proved he can play around the basket so if he develops some perimeter skills he will become a well rounded player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost won't like him. He white.
    Ah, the irony.

He'd be a perfect fit, but with a $6mil salary that goes to 2011, highly unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If all it took was Fab and JV (possible 2nd rd pick), would you guys still balk at this trade? This trade sounds one sided but both Fab and JV's contracts will be up by end of next year (with JV's up by end of this year). I for one am a fan of Collison, he is a smart player who can rebound which is exactly what we need. I for one do not see the spurs even making trade on this years team.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If all it took was Fab and JV (possible 2nd rd pick), would you guys still balk at this trade? This trade sounds one sided but both Fab and JV's contracts will be up by end of next year (with JV's up by end of this year). I for one am a fan of Collison, he is a smart player who can rebound which is exactly what we need. I for one do not see the spurs even making trade on this years team.
    Unless OKC really just wants to clear cap by 2010 they're not gonna want Oberto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless OKC really just wants to clear cap by 2010 they're not gonna want Oberto.
    True. But 3.5 mil looks much better than 6.5 against the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say stick with the current team. We already had a rookie pg and a free agent trying to learn the system and they wouldnt want another one to come in when the season is already halfway. KT (and Bonner) is serviceable and when his elbow jumpers are dropping then he'll be great to draw out the bigs. Fabs is a high IQ player who feeds off TD and plays well with Manu. That's all we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say stick with the current team. We already had a rookie pg and a free agent trying to learn the system and they wouldnt want another one to come in when the season is already halfway. KT (and Bonner) is serviceable and when his elbow jumpers are dropping then he'll be great to draw out the bigs. Fabs is a high IQ player who feeds off TD and plays well with Manu. That's all we need.
    Are you kidding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Im not kidding. Sometimes the team's chemistry is more important than anything else. The Spurs' defense is all about funneling to the big man, he should be able to have a firm understanding of that system plus the season almost halfway thru.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Im not kidding. Sometimes the team's chemistry is more important than anything else. The Spurs' defense is all about funneling to the big man, he should be able to have a firm understanding of that system plus the season almost halfway thru.
    The Spurs are all about funneling it to a big man, but a big man who can block shots. If you have two of them, even better. Right now our only shot blocker is Tim Duncan. When he goes out this team is screwed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I have Kristic?
    No ! How did OKC just grab him out of nowhere?? Of the OKC bigs, he would be the best to get, followed by Wilcox, then Collison, then Swift.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto's contract is only partial for next season.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Wilcox would be a dream come true:

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as i would like to have Wilcox i dont see it happening. I dont think the Spurs have enough to give up for him.

Unless they want to give up Mahimni. i suppose

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter's rights? Presti probaby was the one who found Tiago and liked him in the first place, and since it is unlikely we will see him in the Duncan Era it might be a decent trade.

Maybe its impatience in my part but i say if you have an opportunity to recieve a good solid player in exchange of a young protege or 2, i would do it in a second.

IF i were Pop i would give up Mahimni and Splitter for Wilcox. If you have the chance of getting a young tough Big and not trading any of your teams core players (including Bowen,Mason,Hill,Finley) I would make the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my sources I've heard that the Spurs are interested in Collison or Wilcox. In fact the Spurs have been trying to get Wilcox for a few years but never wanted to take on the salary. Now that he is an expiring contract, along with the fact he probably own't re-sign with OKC this up coming offseason he is the Spurs main target, and the Thunder probably want to get something for him if possible.
    Interesting. I know they have liked Collison - many think he'd work really well next to Duncan. But Wilcox is like the anti-Pop player... lazy on D, athletic , and rumored not to be the best practice player. As I said in the other thread about him, even with all his defensive laziness, he's still worth a look because he can run the floor, rebound and score.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rasho back right now, the spurs interior defense is obsolete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also one of the league leaders in personal fouls, averaging something like 6.3 per 48 minutes. That's always been a bit of a problem for him.

On the other hand, George Hill is averaging around 6.0 fouls per 48. And maybe he would benefit from the fact that the refs always favor Spur players when it comes to whistles. (Ask any Laker or Suns fan.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but if we are really desperate,

Spurs give out Fabricio Oberto and Tony Parker.
    OKC sends out Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Nick Collison.

Parker fans may not like this, but this makes lots of sense. We could also include Splitter's right if needed.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I can't see Pop scrapping the Ian project until at least next year. Splitter I can because chances are Tiago won't come to the NBA because of the fact he will make 3 million overseas but he won't even make 1 million playing for us. Anyhow so long as we include maybe a couple second round picks making the trade of Vaughn, Ime and Fab for Wilcox works out numbers wise.
    I always thought we currently can't offer a 1st rounder in such a process, but learned that it would be possible. it would then just be a future 1st rounder, which will then very likely be delivered 2011.
    so whatever package they assemble, it could be sweetened with the Warriors 2nd rounder 2009 (currently #35) and a 1st rounder. that's not breath taking, but it's also not all crap.
    what I don't like is that the contract of Wilcox is expiring. yes, this is usually seen as an attractive element, but it very likely will mean that he's gone 2009. he will get a MLE offer for at least 3 years and I don't see the Spurs give him such an offer, if it's true that they would hesitate to take Collison and his contract. Wilcox also won't re sign for just 1 year.
    so, in the worst case, Spurs trade for Wilcox, sacrifice some picks, he doesn't fit with the Spurs, like so many athletic-but-not-smart players before him and he's gone 2009.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rasho back right now, the spurs interior defense is obsolete.
    If it hadn't been for his contract, I'd just as soon the Spurs never let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm skeptical about Wilcox. Guy is not basketball-smart, he's lazy, and he's no shot-blocker. He used to be athletic, but if you've seen him this season he looks slow and overweight.

I'd rather Collison who, whilst unspectacular, is a solid lunchpail-type worker. He goes to the boards, plays tough post D, and has a solid midrange jumper, but he's also not really a shot blocker... he's basically a younger, quicker version of KT.

Come to think of it, neither of these guys truly fills our need, although either could potentially blossom or crash in the Spurs' system. End of the day, we're talking about help this year, so I take the smarter guy (more apt to learn our system quickly), and that is Collison.

Thread Information