Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to add a new wrinkle in this saga, comes from a New York Daily News article penned by Frank Isola where an NBA executive hears Kawhi wants Head Coach Gregg Popovich's approach to team practices altered and "tweak some things."

"Don't you have to sign him," asks one rival executive. "From what I understand, he wants (Gregg) Popovich to lighten up a little with practice and tweak some things. The Spurs may not want to change their ways, but this is Kawhi Leonard we're talking about."

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...ak-some-things
    Last edited by offset formation; 04-26-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Update article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This don't wanna be pushed to be great!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now this beta injury prone austistic thinks practice is too hard? Time for KL to get the off my team. Take Mills/Gasol/Anderson/TP with you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inmates and asylums. You sit out a whole ing year because you can't man up and go talk to Pop? You have to have your 'group' do it for you? This is either complete bull or a force a trade tactic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inmates and asylums. You sit out a whole ing year because you can't man up and go talk to Pop? You have to have your 'group' do it for you? This is either complete bull or a force a trade tactic.
    The fact it's from New York Daily News should answer your question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing it's both. And should it be any coinkydink that it's coming out of NY, where he's supposedly rehabbing?

Kawhi's group (and probably the League) wants him in NY or LA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds bogus the NY media is terrible everyone knows the spurs don’t practice that hard physically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP might as well posted an article from the National Enquirer that said Kawhi was spotted walking through the forests of the Pacific Northwest.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Isola

This butt chin having got has hated on Kawhi all season, and now him and some executive fluffer are supposed to know what he wants....

The biggest gym rat in the league, who works out 3 times a day during the offseason, and only player on the team who doesn't show up overweight in training camp WANTS Pop to lighten up in practice LMFAOOOOOO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP might as well posted an article from the National Enquirer that said Kawhi was spotted walking through the forests of the Pacific Northwest.
    You and I both know it's bull , like a yeti. But it has significance because it's either part of Kawhi and his group playing disinformation games or it's a team playing disinformation games. Or both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and I both know it's bull , like a yeti. But it has significance because it's either part of Kawhi and his group playing disinformation games or it's a team playing disinformation games. Or both.
    You just said it’s bull . Where’s the “it’s all fabricated from an attention journalist so let’s move on” option in your post?

Only God Can Judge Me Quiet Strength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how all these rumors are the opposite of kawhi. Its alot easier to believe his last interview than to believe he's some Mariah Carey nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt he said that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn’t even sound that believable.

I usually support Kawhi and wanted him to be great but at this point I just either want everything to work out or get some good players in return for him. The main reason we didn’t fall off a cliff into mediocrity like most teams usually do is because of him. Losing him would set us back. So I’m atleast hoping for some players that still have a lot of room to grow and lead us to be contenders again.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how all these rumors are the opposite of kawhi. Its alot easier to believe his last interview than to believe he's some Mariah Carey nowadays.
    It's not hard to believe his uncle is some Mariah Carey.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt he said that
    I don't doubt his group would say stupid like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just said it’s bull . Where’s the “it’s all fabricated from an attention journalist so let’s move on” option in your post?
    Well that's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I think there's something substantive about it showing intent of at least one party.

Only God Can Judge Me Quiet Strength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hard to believe his uncle is some Mariah Carey.
    It's actually not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so kawhi wants pop to get over himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I think there's something substantive about it showing intent of at least one party.
    Yep... And that party is the media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have never even heard his uncle talk... His uncle may be the most chill and humble guy... But ppl just assuming he is some evil puppet master... Based on......... Crickets*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they’re being approached by people “in his circle” that they just take at face value and don’t even vet. Wouldn’t be surprised at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again. More assumptions. What Kawhi exactly meant no one really knows. This board criticizes Pop more than any place in the world and Kawhi could just be singing the same tune. Popovich has clearly seemed too rigid at times and it shows in his coaching and especially his rotations.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's work ethic should be the last thing in question. He might not like some of the things Pop does, but pushing the team too hard can't possibly be one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fam... Kawhi ain't talking to the NY media... All these "reporters" are making wild assumptions because they have deadlines and need to get something out there

Thread Information