Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Admiral appearance so far - and he wasn’t announced as one of their guests for the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been watching all this time for nothing so far. CIA got to him.
    Last edited by blizz; 06-21-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRob will curse someone out for the first time on TV. He'll say the word 'mother er.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just announced. He’s up next

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he didn't go there to talk? not that I'm so surprised 'cause is the espn we're talking about, but I don't understand if this is because of the Admiral's decision or just espn that changed their plans or just never had confirmation that DR would have gone there to talk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has he been on yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a 3 hour show and they are dragging it out to be the last segment, I just turned it on.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Its a 3 hour show and they are dragging it out to be the last segment, I just turned it on.
    This is often done on purpose to keep the viewer watching so they see all the TV ads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he on yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could someone record and post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every comment on twitter seems to be about his hairline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Not until they play every TV ad and your falling to sleep in your chair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt sound like he knows many details of whats actually going on. Basically said he needs to be more vocal and not have other people be his mouthpiece. Mentioned that Pops hand may be forced to move him if conversations didnt work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically said he hopes he stays and that we want him but at some point he has to grow up and do his own talking and not let other people speak for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically said he hopes he stays and that we want him but at some point he has to grow up and do his own talking and not let other people speak for him.
    agree

ps: this seems to mean that he has not yet asked for a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    separate to that:

With the NBA draft just a few hours away, Boomer and Gio got a chance to chat with David Robinson, former San Antonio Spur and NBA hall of famer, on behalf of Verizon. The former Spurs player talked about Kawhi Leonard, what went wrong with he and the Spurs organization and what might be in store for his future.
    "I expect and I hope he's going to be a Spur..." Robinson told Boomer & Gio. "Everybody's not built the same. You've got a young guy, he's just growing up, trying to figure out who he is and what he wants. Obviously we all want him in San Antonio. We think it's a dream situation. But that doesn't matter if we think it is. You're following after Tim Duncan and you get to be in a legendary franchise... Maybe that's not how he's seeing it.

"In this league, everything is about communication. If you can sit down and actually talk to people and don't let the outside forces drive you to make choices, that's a big difference. I still think there's a tremendous amount of respect between him and Popovich. They both think highly of each other and they both respect the job that they do."

Plus, listen as Robinson talks about some of the current prospects in this NBA's draft; specifically find out how he feels about some of the big men in this draft. As well as what it was like being on the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, the current state of the NBA and his opinion of the Golden State Warriors.
    "I like to see the big guys coming back into the game," the Hall of Fame center said Thursday morning. "I like the three-point shot okay, it's fun to watch these guys shoot it. But this is about defense. It's about making stops. The Warriors are who they are because they actually get after you. They have guys that are committed to the defensive side of the floor. You've got [Andre> Iguodala, a heck of a defensive player. [Draymond> Green, who's a heck of a defensive player.... Those guys get after you defensively, and that's where teams have to get stronger and get more solid.
    "These big guys, you have a guy like [DeAndre> Ayton, or just a big body like [Mo> Bamba, who can protect the paint. Clint Capela is playing a big-time role for the Houston Rockets. He's given them the ability to be as solid as they are."
    Last but not least, hear what David had to say when asked about the Lebron vs Jordan debate.

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/boomer-gio-nba-hall-famer-david-robinson

https://omny.fm/shows/boomer-gio/nba-hall-of-famer-david-robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50 saying in the most gentle way that Kawhi should grow a pair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 9:08 am CST and I just got around to clicking on this Thread. I didn't even read through any of the posts and I'd be willing to bet that DRob had very, very little to offer of any substance. He keeps things politically correct & stays as positive as he can. He is one of the worst interviews anyone can get. He's probably pitching something too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically said he feels the situation can be repaired "IF" Kawhi and Pop can communicate WITHOUT Kawhi hearing "outside" voices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically said he feels the situation can be repaired "IF" Kawhi and Pop can communicate WITHOUT Kawhi hearing "outside" voices.
    So...he gone, basically.

I have zero expectation that Kawhi is going to tell his group to back off, and if he does, it will probably only be after the Spurs refuse to trade him and they end up costing him millions and millions of dollars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...he gone, basically.

I have zero expectation that Kawhi is going to tell his group to back off, and if he does, it will probably only be after the Spurs refuse to trade him and they end up costing him millions and millions of dollars.
    Maybe.

David Robinson is going to be on First Take right now too. Hope Stephen A Smith asks him better questions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drob is vanilla and not the most exciting interview but in tense topics like this he is a great person to listen to. I am sure he is somewhat the Spurs pr guy at moments like this and has been given the ok by the organization to make these comments. It is very telling and he basically confirms the group thing along with Pop now. He understands for Kawhi whose father was murdered like that his family has been his anchor. But for this situation they need Kawhi and not Kawhi's group to work things out. Especially if it is 220M on the line. Makes sense. I hope they work it out for Kawhi's sake. Selling out to the Lakers and money doesn't sound like what he really wants but who really knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information