Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In case y'all have forgotten what he is capable of doing. I mean obviously he isn't playing as well as we'd all like and it has been frustrating. But damn, ST can be ing re ed. You don't get the urge to trade away a guy that played like he did during the entire second half of last season+playoffs because of a quarter of a season where he isn't playing his best. He isn't Kawhi or Tim, he clearly doesn't work on his body like he should during the off-season, but he's still an all-star talent. The only all-star that this team has ever been able to draw despite all the winning and the revered culture. We aren't getting any of the major talent that you gots like to romanticize about if we dump LMA. We'll get worse.

This isn't like Enrique, who's physically no longer capable of doing the things he was once able to. LMA will get it going again. He's been an all-star bigman his entire career, he's not magically going to lose all his ability at 31.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He's getting in shape."

However I agree, we've not played our best, but it's early. Hope they bring it tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because a player is capable of having quality games doesn't mean he's a good fit to the organization. Those highlight reels don't change my mindset that he has a lackadaisical at ude. We've obviously been spoiled by TD's work ethic, and this guy has a lot to prove before he gets the respect he thinks he deserves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's trash. Trade that pos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because a player is capable of having quality games doesn't mean he's a good fit to the organization. Those highlight reels don't change my mindset that he has a lackadaisical at ude. We've obviously been spoiled by TD's work ethic, and this guy has a lot to prove before he gets the respect he thinks he deserves.
    What respect does he think he deserves? From you? I doubt he's clamoring for respect from anyone on this forum.

He looked like he fit in just fine the second half of last season+the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may excuse a lack of talent (LMA is vastly overrated from pure basketball POV--he really is the most one-dimensional perennial All Star of this century), but I won't let slide a lack of work ethics and desire to win.

The thing we might be coming to grip with after a year or so of him as a Spur is that all his talk about "winning" is a case of him just saying the right, pla udinous things.

If his tenure ends on an ugly note (likely this summer), let just hope it escalates to a breaking point by this trade deadline..I am so hating the predictability of this season..
    Last edited by spursistan; 12-10-2016 at 03:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deleting posts from months ago about being wrong about LMA

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with ya brother

GuaranSheed we see more of that this season. Hate him or not, we need him this season if we want any shot at a ring (even if we're talking a 5% chance)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA just doesn't want to be here...kind of a big deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still regrets not going to PHX. Hes an en led lazy diva who just wants to put up his 20 fadeaways a game to get his 24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA just doesn't want to be here...kind of a big deal
    It's called a slump which in turn leads to a lack of confidence.

He chose to come here just a year ago, after being courted by numerous teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What respect does he think he deserves? From you? I doubt he's clamoring for respect from anyone on this forum.

He looked like he fit in just fine the second half of last season+the playoffs.
    You and I both know he thinks he deserves respect; let us not forget his not wanting to play center provision. In his mind he's a superstar, which is fine - he's beyond talented, but taking games off is not something the Spurs are known for.

Bringing up last year's play is moot considering Duncan would not let this type of lazy play happen.

Just my opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called a slump which in turn leads to a lack of confidence.

He chose to come here just a year ago, after being courted by numerous teams.
    Nah, he really doesnt want to be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe, Len, Tucker for Aldridge and Anderson...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he really doesnt want to be here.
    Link?

I mean not only are y'all ting on his play but now y'all are claiming to be in his mind as well. That's pretty ridiculous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

I mean not only are y'all ting on his play but now y'all are claiming to be in his mind as well. That's pretty ridiculous.
    Yeap. Im in his mind, thats it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

Trust me bro, Its pretty known in the NBA that Aldridge is a moody dude. From Boston, Portland SA inside wrtiers. It's not a secret.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeap. Im in his mind, thats it.
    As opposed to 'he's not playing well, not giving the effort I think he should so I will jump to the conclusion that he wants to be in Phoenix' ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust me bro, Its pretty known in the NBA that Aldridge is a moody dude. From Boston, Portland SA inside wrtiers. It's not a secret.
    He's a sensitive guy. I'm aware of that. For me, that doesn't translate to him wanting to be in Phoenix though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre an idiot to think that he would ever tell the media or public his true feelings. For his warts, he is still very professional ( outside of working hard in the offseason), he was in Portland too his last 2 yrs there -- never did he voice his true feelings til he signed on the dotted line.

Lol at link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a sensitive guy. I'm aware of that. For me, that doesn't translate to him wanting to be in Phoenix though.
    It does. Because he's too lazy to work for his touches. Pop said, if "you want you have to work for it"..It cant be porker since he knows he is severly relegated already..the only two guys who started the season out of shape and would demand touches is Gasol and Aldridge.

In other words, even if he doesnt want Suns...This team could reach a boiling point because PATFO is obviously not pleased with his effort.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe, Len, Tucker for Aldridge and Anderson...
    Why would you not include one of Bender or Chriss? If Aldridge is traded, the Spurs will need a starting power forward (or at least, someone thought to have the potential to be) back in the exchange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge got into the wrong spot because I'm positive Pop is looking at Kawhi and making comparative evaluations.

Hey both max guys..the other works his off, comes every year i Great shape with improved abilities...the other comes in out of shape. It hughlitghts his lack of work ethic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you not include one of Bender or Chriss? If Aldridge is traded, the Spurs will need a starting power forward (or at least, someone thought to have the potential to be) back in the exchange.
    I didnt work out the salaries. Suns would want to get rid of tucker and Len is the first young guy big I can think off...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre an idiot to think that he would ever tell the media or public his true feelings. For his warts, he is still very professional ( outside of working hard in the offseason), he was in Portland too his last 2 yrs there -- never did he voice his true feelings til he signed on the dotted line.

Lol at link.
    So you're coming to the conclusion that he wants to be in Phoenix how exactly?

The situation in Portland was after like 8 years of having a 2nd round ceiling. Hardly comparable to being a quarter into his second year here.

It does. Because he's too lazy to work for his touches. Pop said, if "you want you have to work for it"..It cant be porker since he knows he is severly relegated already..the only two guys who started the season out of shape and would demand touches is Gasol and Aldridge.

In other words, even if he doesnt want Suns...This team could reach a boiling point because PATFO is obviously not pleased with his effort.
    Pop said 'you have to come prepared. it's your job. if you want work, you work for it' or something along those lines. Considering the fact that the team has been churning out 30 point halves lately, I'm not sure how that was meant exclusively for LMA.

Thread Information