Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think once the rookie (young) jitters pass, we'll blow Utah out of the series.

Hopefully Green and Leonard can play a lot better.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect grade for Manu. Manu just needs to make better choices. Now as far as his play in the playoffs I really don't know what to expect out of him this year. I just hope he can get into playoff form soon. Fortunately we have other guys to fill in and SJax is going to be huge for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rewatching the game, here are some extra notes:

-Jackson's rebounding was huge; I probably didn't emphasize it enough in the OP.

-When Bonner dribbles, his court vision disappears. He missed Tiago WIDE open in the first half and Jack even WIDER open in the second half.

-Manu's defense actually started off pretty damn good ... it just went downhill along with his offense.

-Diaw/Duncan pick-and-roll? Pop with some postseason trickery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for SA to get back in rhythm. A few guys weren't moving very fluidly but were still effective. Overall it was a very solid win and it's crazy how they are much less reliant on the 3 ball this year. They need it, but it seems they can find other ways to win even when not scorching hot.

Diaw has been everything we could have hoped for on both ends to date. If we can consistently get one of DG or Kawhi to make an impact that will bode very well.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-Jackson's rebounding was huge; I probably didn't emphasize it enough in the OP.

-When Bonner dribbles, his court vision disappears. He missed Tiago WIDE open in the first half and Jack even WIDER open in the second half.

-Manu's defense actually started off pretty damn good ... it just went downhill along with his offense.

Man, I will watch the game tonight..

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's why Jack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RJ; he always finds a way to contribute.

Lately he's actually passed once in a while. Baby steps.

I saw the high-low and got so excited I almost jumped off the couch. Between that and Duncan's power dunk, I thought I'd travelled back in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Jack deserved an A+ because he didn't turn the ball over.

Thanks for the grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think bonner watches the ball when he dribbles like that. Dead serious. It's almost like he keeps his head down...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news is the Spurs are rusty and still win convincingly. But Tiago injury is a big concern, especially wayching the Grizillies beating the Clippers right now.

I don't like Manu's defense either. When he gets beat by dribbling because of the lost step, I can take that. Just like TIMVP said, however, many times he is neither staying with his assignment nor helping doubling low-post players, he is just wandering around. To be honest, that's RJ like, and personally the only think I hate about RJ.

And Blair plays like a real pro player today. Not only he plays relatively well, but he plays quite hard. Many of us have been harsh on him recently, me personally included. Props to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Spurs played a decent, not great game, and yet they won by 15 points. I'll chalk that up to the early start tbh. Obviously Jax was the underrated star of the game. His defense and rebounding was HUGE today, not to mention his timely 3's. Big props to Jax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Ginobili had a tough day offensively, I thought Gordon Hayward did an excellent job defending Manu. In fact, Gordon did an excellent job of being Manu against Manu. Twice, Hayward reached in on Ginobili cuts to the basket and stripped the ball loose for turnovers. Hayward also drew contact on virtually every trip to the hoop and made a day of it at the FT line. On this day, the purple #20 played better, save for a few stretches in the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never paid attention on Al Jefferson before but after this game, it's pretty clear to me A.J. is not an asset to their team... Granted he's really efficient down low but other than that he doesn't bring anything to the table. He's never ran back to defend the rim in the transition. He's never challenged the cutter man. He's so bad on the defensive end to the point that he usually end up watching the ball instead of defending the paint and his man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never paid attention on Al Jefferson before but after this game, it's pretty clear to me A.J. is not an asset to their team... Granted he's really efficient down low but other than that he doesn't bring anything to the table. He's never ran back to defend the rim in the transition. He's never challenged the cutter man. He's so bad on the defensive end to the point that he usually end up watching the ball instead of defending the paint and his man.
    That's always been Al's problem. He spent hours and hours watching videos of Duncan, but only in the post. That's about 40 percent of Timmy's game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone answer me that why the crowd didn't wear the same T-shirt?

Because I noticed that the crowds in OKC, MIA as well as MEM did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oi timvp

how coem kl and green cant replicate what jackson was able to do when his shots werent falling...that was fkn attack the rim to get it happening...

game looked slow and rusty when they didnt attempt many 3s in the first half or shooting not well, always looking to get further closer to the ring for baskets...duncan needs to take those 18fts the defense continues to give him and he was rusty with the jumpshot

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though it was not one of our best performances, we still won handily in the end. This game could easily have been a 25+ point laugher.

I see a very good possibility of a sweep in this series now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u know whats wrong with this series? spurs going to make haywood into a star and look for the jazzfans to overrate him like his the biggest thing since butter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honesty didn't realize Manu shot that bad. His presence on the court was a positive for the Spurs despite his poor shooting. I think the +15 shows that.

Props to Bonner tonight. He played well on both ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Ginobili had a tough day offensively, I thought Gordon Hayward did an excellent job defending Manu. In fact, Gordon did an excellent job of being Manu against Manu. Twice, Hayward reached in on Ginobili cuts to the basket and stripped the ball loose for turnovers. Hayward also drew contact on virtually every trip to the hoop and made a day of it at the FT line. On this day, the purple #20 played better, save for a few stretches in the game.
    There's definitely alot of similarites between Haywood and Ginobili's games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just seeing the lineup of Tim, Diaw, Jack, Manu, and TP was like a dream come true. I just hope Tiago makes it back soon and Kawhi and Green step it up. Matty looked good too!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's definitely alot of similarites between Haywood and Ginobili's games.
    Hayward is heading in the right direction. He is capable of drawing foul but he's not yet learn how to draw foul and made the shot at the same time.

However, he still has a long way to learn about passing, help defense, and the most important thing "stamina". The thing that differentiate Ginobili and other players is that he is capable of running wild and giving his 100% all the time when he's on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone answer me that why the crowd didn't wear the same T-shirt?

Because I noticed that the crowds in OKC, MIA as well as MEM did
    Because its a played out gimmick.

Teams that have 1 or 0 rings do gimmick horsecrap stunts like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though it was not one of our best performances, we still won handily in the end. This game could easily have been a 25+ point laugher.

I see a very good possibility of a sweep in this series now.
    I thought the Spurs played a C+ game and the Jazz played a B+.

That said it was a Spurs lead from the middle of the first, and on.

The defense was good, but it can get better with adjustments.
    I thought Utah at times defended quite well, surprisingly well on some pick and rolls, but if Duncan can make his jumpers from his spot pulling Jefferson out, that should open the middle up even more for Manu or Parker.

Bonner shocked me with how well he played. I wish he could bottle that shot making and use it for 18 more games.

Gary Neal matches up so well with Utah because of their lack of speed at the point position. Gary sees his body equal in Tinsley BUT, hes gotta play better D on him, Tinsley shouldn't get as many points as he got today.

Too many open threes, caught a break with Harris bricking late. Carroll and Hayward made em pay.

Foul less, wayy too many free throws for them, too few free throws for the Spurs as well as I dont think the Spurs were aggressive enough IMO in driving to the basket. Favors is a block shot threat yes, but not Jefferson or Milsap. Drive at em, they arent going to block your shot.

First adjustment out of the block, put Green on Carroll and Leonard on Hayward. Keep Hayward on the perimeter shooting contested shots, keep him off the FT line. Stay in front of Carroll on the 3pt line, Green can handle that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ It ended up not mattering but i thought the blown dunk was showboating.
    I didn't get that impression at all. I think he just rushed his take off, which is un-Manu like to say the least. That is something a low IQ player would do. It always floors me how so many nba players today are always in such a rush heading down the court on a fast break that they either chrage into somebody or blow the shot. He had no one in front of him, all he had to do was figure out where the defender behind him was then shield him away and toss in the layup. Should be a simple play to make for the extraordinarily talented Manu.

Thread Information