Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Yep, definitely the greatest(Belichick easily GOAT in sports, as well)..

It's strange for me, though..I've had Brady as GOAT for a while, but I've never really watched him and felt like he was super-talented I've always been afraid of going against him in clutch time, but never watched him and thought, "damn, this makes throws that nobody else can make"..I felt the same about Manning, as well..
    He's a great example of "substance over style" - much like Tim Duncan.

GOAT (but we already knew that after his won his 4th)
    Not after the 4th, cause he kinda lucked into that one. Everyone remembers that game as the "Seattle up."

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yep, definitely the greatest(Belichick easily GOAT in sports, as well)..

It's strange for me, though..I've had Brady as GOAT for a while, but I've never really watched him and felt like he was super-talented I've always been afraid of going against him in clutch time, but never watched him and thought, "damn, this makes throws that nobody else can make"..I felt the same about Manning, as well..
    Well most "spectacular" throws involve mobility + athleticism.....a guy scrambling and throwing on the run, or a Roethlisberger type throw with 2 guys hanging off of him. Brady/Peyton couldn't do that. But they were both so accurate that they made near-impossible throws into ridiculously small windows look like a guy effortlessly tossing it to someone that's wide open.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    (Belichick easily GOAT in sports, as well)
    this point got lost somewhere along the way, tbh.. there's no coach in the history of team sports better than Belichick.. no NHL coach, no MLB manager, only person that's even close is Popovich and he's not on Beli's level..

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Great but also luckiest mofo ever. It took two epic head scratching brain farts for him not to be 3 and 4 on SB's games (with two of those SB wins having him as a glorified game manager). Would folks still claim he is the GOAT with a losing record on SB games?

I have never disguised my hatred for anything Cheatriots related but I gladly concede that Belicheat is the greatest head coach of all-time (and I dislike him a lot more than Brady). I'm being as objective as possible here and Brady's individual numbers just don't scream "GOAT", much less "undisputed GOAT". He's no Jordan, not even close.

Someday the NFL will get its GOAT, someone that dominates individually as well as collectively, and that doesn't cheat to accomplish it, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Great but also luckiest mofo ever. It took two epic head scratching brain farts for him not to be 3 and 4 on SB's games (with two of those SB wins having him as a glorified game manager). Would folks still claim he is the GOAT with a losing record on SB games?

I have never disguised my hatred for anything Cheatriots related but I gladly concede that Belicheat is the greatest head coach of all-time (and I dislike him a lot more than Brady). I'm being as objective as possible here and Brady's individual numbers just don't scream "GOAT", much less "undisputed GOAT". He's no Jordan, not even close.

Someday the NFL will get its GOAT, someone that dominates individually as well as collectively, and that doesn't cheat to accomplish it, tbh.
    thanks for contributing your stupid opinion now let's get back to people who know about football.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

So who is better? Are you still trying to claim Peyton is

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    So who is better? Are you still trying to claim Peyton is
    Yep, of the players I have seen Payton is better individually than Brady. He just didn't have the fortune of landing on the team with the greatest and most dirty coach of all-time.

I know you won't be honest when answering this but at least process it internally: Do you really think Manning couldn't have replicated Brady's success had he landed on the Patriots, under Belichick?

On the other hand, are you completely sure Brady, a 6th rounder, would have succeded anywhere?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    He's a great example of "substance over style" - much like Tim Duncan.
    yeah I think the Duncan analogy is a fair one. Brady might not make the eye popping throw off of his back leg into triple coverage, but he's consistent every week. You know he'll show up. Aaron Rodgers has too many stretches of looking like , Manning has had too many big games where he's laid an egg.

Too mono's earlier point, I always thought Brady>Manning but I think the debate should've been over after the back to back 2013 and 2014 seasons where they both played essentially the same opponent in the SuperBowl. One of them completely sucked while the other won the game. (Yeah yeah I know about Seattle's up but they also were on the receiving end of an absolute lucky circus catch just a few plays prior so it evens out).

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yep, of the players I have seen Payton is better individually than Brady. He just didn't have the fortune of landing on the team with the greatest and most dirty coach of all-time.

I know you won't be honest when answering this but at least process it internally: Do you really think Manning couldn't have replicated Brady's success had he landed on the Patriots, under Belichick?

On the other hand, are you completely sure Brady, a 6th rounder, would have succeded anywhere?
    You're ing re ed. I don't go in spouting ignorant opinions about Messi and Ronaldo, so how bout you extend the same courtesy and shut the up and take this L. Brady is the goatPERIOD.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    You're ing re ed. I don't go in spouting ignorant opinions about Messi and Ronaldo, so how bout you extend the same courtesy and shut the up and take this L. Brady is the goatPERIOD.
    What a cute 8 year old fanboy answer, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What a cute 8 year old fanboy answer, tbh.
    Better than a third world dumbass who has no comprehension of the ing sport he's commenting on.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    DAF86 getting denied at the border by Trump.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Better than a self-hating asian with "shut up, my guy is the best" takes, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    watching football games in a mudhut, as the cartels shove drug-filled condoms up your ass to mule across the border. Really a great environment to concentrate on the nuances of the game

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    If you honestly think Peyton > Brady.

Then you're either missing a chromosome or have an extra one.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

I think he probably would have had the same success in terms of wins/stats (although it's not like he ever had to carry some of the ultra ty receivers Brady had to work with), but to pretend that we can assume someone with a playoff resume as questionable as Manning's would have been able to produce 5 superbowls the same way Brady did is ridiculous. That argument imo would have more merit with Marino since even though he never won a Super Bowl he also didn't consistently lose playoff games he was supposed to win.

Regarding your question about Brady succeeding anywhere, that's another hypothetical there's no way to prove or disprove. I would say that I think he would have succeeded anywhere where he got a starting job, but I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Fivehead demanded to be the head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterback of all his teams even though it didn't work for him come playoff time. He would have run Belichick off or vice versa.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    If you honestly think Peyton > Brady.

Then you're either missing a chromosome or have an extra one.
    Why? Because "Brady is clutch (a feat that has scientifically been proven to not exist) and he won more rings "?

Post Count
    Why? Because "Brady is clutch (a feat that has scientifically been proven to not exist) and he won more rings "?
    Peyton is the queen of one-and-dones. Not a surprise that one of his fanboys wants to pretend that clutchness isn't a thing

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Fivehead demanded to be the head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterback of all his teams even though it didn't work for him come playoff time. He would have run Belichick off or vice versa.
    This is another good point....after Manning got cut by Indy and got to pick his new team, his first and foremost priority was finding a team that would let him call his own plays, so I'm not sure how he and Belichick would have ever coexisted.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    You, Me, and everybody in the country knew the Pats were going to tie the game when they got the ball back down 8. That's because Brady is clutch AF.

Now take Phillip Rivers for example. You, Me, and everybody in the country knows that Rivers is going to throw an INT in that same exact situation. It's because he's the opposite of clutch.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    He was allowed to be the offensive coach on teams that sucked with coaches that sucked even more. If he had found, on his rookie season, a strong coaching figure with immediate success he would have done what they told him to do. I think he proved in his last season that he would gladly accept game managing tasks if hia team wins, tbh.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Peyton's first SB....the only QB in NFL history to win a SB while throwing more INTS than TDs in his postseason run. (Beat Rex Grossman IIRC)
    Peyton's second SB....carried by one of the best defenses in the league. Peyton was kicking and screaming the entire way.

Let's not act like Peyton didn't have his faults. He's a great QB...one of the best of all time. (Probably the Best Regular season QB) But he's not better than Brady. I'm sorry.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Peyton is the queen of one-and-dones. Not a surprise that one of his fanboys wants to pretend that clutchness isn't a thing
    I'm also a fan of Duncan, Manu and the Spurs. Folks that constantly get props for their "clutchness". I say that "clutchness" doesn't exist because it has been proven many times, and I'm a rational person that accepts facts that are empirically proven.

Post Count
    You, Me, and everybody in the country knew the Pats were going to tie the game when they got the ball back down 8. That's because Brady is clutch AF.

Now take Phillip Rivers for example. You, Me, and everybody in the country knows that Rivers is going to throw an INT in that same exact situation. It's because he's the opposite of clutch.
    Rivers led the Chargers to a double-digit comeback and OT win against the same Falcons team this season - and unlike Brady, he did it in Atlanta, with a garbage coaching staff and garbage team around him

I even called that comeback in the gamethread that week, just like I called the Patriots' comeback.

Thread Information