Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    might happen, might not happen, that schedule is looking brutal tbh. Bumpable both ways tbh.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    It's funny cause Argentina won all the matches Messi played.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It's funny cause Argentina won all the matches Messi played.
    why do you have to ruin this thread ? scratch that. who is gonna remember in 10 years anyway?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    why do you have to ruin this thread ? scratch that. who is gonna remember in 10 years anyway?
    It will be engraved in his tomb tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Signing in, I'm here for this

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    good thread tbqh OP

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Portugal without Ronaldo >>>> Argentina without Messi

Son, bad timing trying to troll Missi fans, tbh..

That goal against Uruguay might prove to be the difference for Argentina between making it or not to next WC ..That was an easy L to call if the midget missed the game..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    just a casual bump tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    ^ is gay

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    the fact that this thread's topic is relevant should tell you all you need to know about midget's leadership skills and about the professionalism of the argentine federation tbh son.

Lol son..they will make it. There's a lot of room for mistakes in South Americas format. In a way, it really serves Argentina and Brazil. Dont they play like 18 games?

If they cut it into two groups of 5 though...that's going to be super tight. A costly loss and you're ed.

That's why CAF and the AFC despite being poorer in quality have the most nailbiting games in the qualifiers.

You lose a game and you're probably ed. The more teams playing, the bigger margin of error.

I've said it a million times, but CONCACAF having 3.5 spots is robbery...

CAF-AFC-CONEMBOL deserve that extra spot. They should set up a tournament where teams from these confed play for two spots. Instead of the rotationg playoff...thats the fairest way to do it.

But I suppose FIFA might encounter scheduling issues.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Lol son..they will make it. There's a lot of room for mistakes in South Americas format. In a way, it really serves Argentina and Brazil. Dont they play like 18 games?

If they cut it into two groups of 5 though...that's going to be super tight. A costly loss and you're ed.

That's why CAF and the AFC despite being poorer in quality have the most nailbiting games in the qualifiers.

You lose a game and you're probably ed. The more teams playing, the bigger margin of error.
    I doesn't serve Argentina and Brazil. It serves justice, tbh. Nothing more fair than all vs all home and away. I would love to have a format like that sometime for the WC. That's where you trully reward the best team.

I doesn't serve Argentina and Brazil. It serves justice, tbh. Nothing more fair than all vs all home and away. I would love to have a format like that sometime for the WC. That's where you trully reward the best team.
    Justice? Lol son, did you fail Geography or something?

The reason why All other confeds play their qualifiers is because they have a large number of represebting countries. If we apply the same format in Europe, Asia, CAF they wouldnt have enough time to play all the games with the provided FIFA dates.

South America doesnt have enough borders so they can play this particular format but it also assues Brazil and Argentina a pass even if they lose a good chunk of their games.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Justice? Lol son, did you fail Geography or something?

The reason why All other confeds play their qualifiers is because they have a large number of represebting countries. If we apply the same format in Europe, Asia, CAF they wouldnt have enough time to play all the games with the provided FIFA dates.
    And who says otherwise? I know it is very difficult to apply the same format in the other confederations, but that doesn't mean that it isn't the best, tbh. And yeah, it serves justice becuase the trully best quallify. There's no fluke going on.

South America doesnt have enough borders so they can play this particular format but it also assues Brazil and Argentina a pass even if they lose a good chunk of their games.
    Nobody gives no-one any pass, tbh. If Argentina and Brazil qualify it is because they are good enough to qualify, if they aren't they wouldn't qualify.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I quite like the world cup format as it is with 32 teams. You get nice variety at start and then when the knockout phase starts you can breathe the tension (the best part). I don't want another UCL, I want a winner takes it all war, that all football fans know and love. Every game is a game 7 tbh.

What I would like to see is less stalling and cheating and more action. This could be achieved with:

1. change the subs ution and card mechanism:
    instead of 3 subs at the will of the coach have official micro pauses (15-30 seconds, clock stopped) at '15, '30, '45, '60, '75, '90, '105 where the coach can switch whatever he wants, basically unlimited subs but only at defined points in time. This would take away some of the stalling and would enable teams to be able to rest key players, switch out injuries, adjust tactics&personnel in-game, we'd get more interesting games. . Also, to not enable card abuse, put the card limit for each period at 2 cards. You make 3 nasty fouls per 15 mins the other team gets a penaldo, like "in-the-penalty" in basketball. This would also clean up the game, especially in strong vs weak matches.

2. intentional injury fouls
    trying to get a player injured? => red card + give a penaldo to the other team

3. implement full video reviews to clean up constroversial calls

4. punish the floppers
    flop => red card?
    flop in penalty area => penaldo for the other team.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with this thread is that Germany were the FAVORITES in the WC. Argentina were the underdogs. And Messi dragged that team kicking and screaming, without him they don't get past the group stage.

Give him some for missing the penalty against Chile, that's fine, but he doesn't deserve any grief at all for the WC.

Also, any Portugese fans here, you need to treat Ronaldo better than this:

Paulo Futre on Cristiano: "He has many enemies in his own country for the way he is. He is a European champion - but without doubt there are people in Portugal who prefer Messi. There was a time when people would chant 'Messi, Messi!' outside the Portugal hotel. Without doubt there are people in Portugal who want Messi to win the Ballon d'Or. This is something very Portuguese."

(fourfourtwo.com)

WTF

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Not unusual

Maradona was hated by some Argie fans

Same thing with Drogba in Ivory Coast

It's not uncommon tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with this thread is that Germany were the FAVORITES in the WC. Argentina were the underdogs. And Messi dragged that team kicking and screaming, without him they don't get past the group stage.

Give him some for missing the penalty against Chile, that's fine, but he doesn't deserve any grief at all for the WC.
    But where was midget after the group stage? It's like watching 2 completely different players at Barca and Argentina. That drop off in performance from a so called GOAT is inexcusable. Oh, and let Ronaldo try to quit the national team after an elimination and media and fans would nail him to the cross but as usual saint midget gets a pass.

Also, any Portugese fans here, you need to treat Ronaldo better than this:

Paulo Futre on Cristiano: "He has many enemies in his own country for the way he is. He is a European champion - but without doubt there are people in Portugal who prefer Messi. There was a time when people would chant 'Messi, Messi!' outside the Portugal hotel. Without doubt there are people in Portugal who want Messi to win the Ballon d'Or. This is something very Portuguese."

(fourfourtwo.com)

WTF
    Most of the hate Ronaldo gets stems from his personality and bravado more than his on pitch performance.

Dude's the , he knows it and he'll let you know about it. As usual the general public will gravitate towards the athlete perceived as humble, even if he's fake humble.

Midget he's a known HGH user, committed tax fraud, quit the national team and all Ronaldo ever did was being y from time to time. At this point i'm convinced midget would have to slap the pope on live tv to maybe get a fraction of the hate Ronaldo gets and even then he would probably get the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 11-23-2016 at 12:02 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ROnaldo is actually a nice dude off the field

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    But where was midget after the group stage? It's like watching 2 completely different players at Barca and Argentina. That drop off in performance from a so called GOAT is inexcusable. Oh, and let Ronaldo try to quit the national team after an elimination and media and fans would nail him to the cross but as usual saint midget gets a pass.

Most of the hate Ronaldo gets stems from his personality and bravado more than his on pitch performance.

Dude's the , he knows it and he'll let you know about it. As usual the general public will gravitate towards the athlete perceived as humble, even if he's fake humble.

Midget he's a known HGH user, committed tax fraud, quit the national team and all Ronaldo ever did was being y from time to time. At this point i'm convinced midget would have to slap the pope on live tv to maybe get a fraction of the hate Ronaldo gets and even then he would probably get the benefit of the doubt.

Messi quitting the national team was a protest to how corrupt and awful the AFA was. Could he have handled it better? Absolutely, but the AFA is probably the most currupt NT front office in the world, and he had to make a statement. Ronaldo also acts like an absolute **** towards his teammates. Not to say Messi is perfect behind closed doors, but far more players enjoyed playing with Messi than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is too selfish and needs the entire team to be built around and depends greatly on others. For Messi, his teams depend on his service to get anything going.

As for the WC, he still assisted on the game winning goal against Switzerland for the knockout round, and was better than he was given credit for in the WC Final. Inarguably, I would say Messi's performance in the WC was better than Ronaldo's from the most recent Euro's. The difference? Ronaldo's teammates actually showed up whereas Messi's were either injured (Aguero, Di Maria for the semi-final and final) or completely . The backline for Argentina however was great in that WC.

Messi routinely has better NT performances than Ronaldo, and does it against tougher compe ion as Portugal's path to the Euro's along with Madrid's in the past CL was one of the easiest in history. Ronaldo is a flat track bully, it is what it is.

And yeah lefty, I actually do think Ronaldo is a decent guy off the pitch. But he needs to stop being so insecure about being gay. I know it would hurt his brand, but the fact that he's lying about sleeping with 3 women on the day of the Euro's right after Koke called him a got is just

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

And yeah lefty, I actually do think Ronaldo is a decent guy off the pitch. But he needs to stop being so insecure about being gay. I know it would hurt his brand, but the fact that he's lying about sleeping with 3 women on the day of the Euro's right after Koke called him a got is just

CR is ig weird tbh , this is Portugal's mannequin challenge

WTF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyI2ohgGVy4

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

CR is ig weird tbh , this is Portugal's mannequin challenge

WTF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyI2ohgGVy4

I saw that, the guy is nuts.

By the way, Barca are gonna get raped during the Clasico. I know you guys are missing Bale, but getting Casimero back is huge.

And Zidane > Enrique

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    I saw that, the guy is nuts.

By the way, Barca are gonna get raped during the Clasico. I know you guys are missing Bale, but getting Casimero back is huge.

And Zidane > Enrique
    And Godnaldo > Suarez (barthas best player)

Thread Information