Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1253
    65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Who's ready to see the English get their skulls cracked again by Russians? Could get ugly
    Not happening imho. Putin won't allow that kind of .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    son just leave it be tbh, you're far too green in both football and economics for me to waste time on tbh.

yes a Russia USA match would've been something tbh

of course. but they would have a LOAD of trouble against bulgaria/romania/slovenia/switzerland/denmark/scotland/ireland/sweden/etc ... teams that defend with organisation and don't pussy out. Nobody of note in europe misses a qualification because of Faeroe Islands, but many lose qualifications because of Belarus/Greece/Ukraine/Georgia/etc ... that's the difficulty in Europe, beating all these tricky defense first teams. And please don't tell me Argentina is so above it, even France/Spain (who have played much better football these qualifiers) had close calls against that lot and Italy/Netherlands lost serious points.
    You have no idea what you're talking about; in aggregate it's been established long ago that the US is the World Cup's greatest source of income. You shouldn't talk if you're going to be so blatantly wrong.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You have no idea what you're talking about; in aggregate it's been established long ago that the US is the World Cup's greatest source of income. You shouldn't talk if you're going to be so blatantly wrong.
    trump land.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Who's ready to see the English get their skulls cracked again by Russians? Could get ugly
    they'll crack 'em themselves after they take another L from Icyland tbh ... not before being crowned contenders after knocking argentina out

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You still don't know what the you're talking about, or figured it out and....

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You still don't know what the you're talking about, or figured it out and....
    sure thing son

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    4) Brasil are getting exposed at the wc .. they're talented but they are soft s, who dominated a backwater qualification group.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    son outside of san marino (micro state..) all these teams play organized football. Czech republic are in a slump with their current generation but they'll be back tbh, they gave us some tough games tbh. Northern Ireland got 19 points. Don't put these teams down because they lack shiny names, they play solid football tbh and would penalize the living of the no defense no midfield SA qualifier play, they're also almost all (czech, northern ireland, norway) very good in the air .. which against SA teams is really an advantage.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You figure out that the US is easily the best source of income for WC yet? Okay, then; QFT.

its funny seeing an American argue with the much superior European Aryan...

America is super dumb. Gives White people a bad reputation.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    its funny seeing an American argue with the much superior European Aryan...

America is super dumb. Gives White people a bad reputation.
    Coming from a twisted Philipino Canadian who wants sex with his Aunt...

Cool...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Look at that sons. Might as well be given a bye, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Look at that sons. Might as well be given a bye, tbh.
    South America was the toughest this time around; but I don't have a problem with how slots are allocated. If I were to nitpick, I'd say Asia has too many spots. Not even a top 40 team in the lot and all those slots allocated for them.

South America was the toughest this time around; but I don't have a problem with how slots are allocated. If I were to nitpick, I'd say Asia has too many spots. Not even a top 40 team in the lot and all those slots allocated for them.
    Japan, Australia, South korea all have better teams than the US..

typical US soccer fan that relies on FIFA ranking..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    South America is always the toughest son.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Japan, Australia, South korea all have better teams than the US..

typical US soccer fan that relies on FIFA ranking..
    You're full of . Aussies are the only ones even comparable.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    South America is always the toughest son.
    No, they're not.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    South America has 7 or 8 "second round of the WC" level teams (if you don't believe me just go check the results) fighting for 5 spots. Other confederations get as many spots with only one or two teams of that level.

You're full of . Aussies are the only ones even comparable.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    South America has 7 or 8 "second round of the WC" level teams (if you don't believe me just go check the results) fighting for 5 spots. Other confederations get as many spots with only one or two teams of that level.
    Just about every team that ever makes a WC can be called "second round" level. In fact, many teams that don't make it are often at that level. US could've easily been second round had they made it (definitely more so than Panama and Honduras). And sure, at times SA has a team or two left out that are "deserving," but they're 'plight' is vastly overstated. And in fact, in much of yesteryear there's been a great chasm between Brazil and the rest.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Laughing like the middle school idiot level poster you are, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Just about every team that ever makes a WC can be called "second round" level. In fact, many teams that don't make it are often at that level. US could've easily been second round had they made it (definitely more so than Panama and Honduras). And sure, at times SA has a team or two left out that are "deserving," but they're 'plight' is vastly overstated. And in fact, in much of yesteryear there's been a great chasm between Brazil and the rest.
    What are you even trying to say son? North Korea made the WC once, they aren't second round level. Panama isn't second round level, Honduras neither. About half of the teams that make it to the WC aren't second round level.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    DAF86

To get into the nitty gritty of your eight comment though, Ecuador ain't . Argentina made work of them for a reason. Peru are tough in the region but unproven outside of it (as is often the way with these SA teams (and often even when they're otherwise not that good)). Chile has played like a top ten team for much of the post WC 2014 cycle. But they basically the bed in qualifying (like the US did); I won't shed a tear for them. Paraguay is always a scrappy team; like Honduras on steroids. They don't have elite talent, but they'll challenge anyone. It was always going to be close for them though. Colombia is the team I would have had put out if I had to've chosen. James is good; but the team as a whole tends to be over-rated. I think Uruguay's quick rebuild also threw things into disarray for a team like Chile. I wasn't thinking they'd qualify; I'm glad they did b/c they're just a fun watch, tbh. Argentina is a team that is up and down. Frankly, their play in qualifiers was very uninspiring and yet they still finished third in an allegedly ever so tough group. And finally, how does Brazil go plus 30 GD (next closest plus 12) in an allegedly tough group? This is the same team that Germany mercilessly beat.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    "SA teams unproven outside SA"?

All the ing SA teams make it to the second round in the WC. How is that being "unproven"?

If CONCACAF and CONMEBOL played joint qualifiers and were given 10 spots, SA would qualify 8 or 9 of its teams.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    What are you even trying to say son? North Korea made the WC once, they aren't second round level. Panama isn't second round level, Honduras neither. About half of the teams that make it to the WC aren't second round level.
    I know. That's why I said just about every team and not every team....

Panama and Honduras will have a low percent chance of making the second round (like Ecuador or Peru would've likely had); though, slightly lower. Had the US made the WC, Peru/Ecuador wouldn't have had any better odds than them either.

And no...."About half of the teams that make it to the WC aren't second round level." About 3/4th or more of teams in the WC have a significant shot at making the second round.

Thread Information