Page 41 of 210 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 5243
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to quantify it. It's real. I am only pointing out a factual situation.

Are you suggesting it's not real if I don't assign a real number to it?

Your type of logic might work on others in a debate, but not me. We know certain effects are real, and I have a problem with those crying wolf without explain all possibilities to people. Science is suppose to be skeptical first. You don't cry wolf unless you actually see it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Farms Bite the Dust, "Megadrought" May Be the New Normal in the Southwest

In a dirt parking lot near Many Farms, Arizona, a Navajo farmer sold me a mutton burrito. He hasn't used his tractor in two years, he told me, and is cooking instead of farming because "there isn't any water." He pointed east at the Chuska mountain range, which straddles the New Mexico border. In a normal year, water coming off the mountains reaches his fields, he said.

But this might be the new normal for the American Southwest, writes William deBuys in his new book, A Great Aridness. It was published late last year, months after one of the Southwest's driest summers in recorded history, during which fires of unprecedented size scorched hundreds of thousands of acres of forest. This summer is worse than last; forest fires have already broken last year's records. The rains haven't come, and temperature records are falling like leaves from a dried-up tree. Springs, wells and irrigation ditches are bone dry. Farms are withering. We've all heard the gloomy scenarios of global warming: extreme weather, drought, famine, breakdown of society, destruction of civilization.

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/156100

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sun has increased in intensity. Enough to cause more than half the increased heat covered by the IPCC AR4 between the covered time frame of 1750 to 2004, without the water feedback effect.
    http://www.atmos.washington.edu/2009...ted_trends.pdf

You again are wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that it should be noted that that study comes from the Royal Society which is the British version of our National Academy of Sciences.

This was the ins ution founded in the 17th century by Robert Hooke, the father of cellular theory, and presided over by the likes of Isaac Newton.

Then you have WildLearningdisability.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    LOL, you're joking right. Did you even read and understand it?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes, I know. I say quantifying it doesn't matter. My reason is the guy in the video says he believes it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for global warming, as if that is the only cause. All I have to do is show there is another cause to show he is at least partially wrong.

I guess things are funny that you don't understand. You should ask for someone to elaborate on what they mean, instead of laughing like an ignorant fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. I could ask you to elaborate then laugh at you even more when you come up with ridiculous explanations but the truth is that if I just sit here and laugh at you you will provide more laughs as well.

You are endless laughs, WC. Endless.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You're right. I could ask you to elaborate then laugh at you even more when you come up with ridiculous explanations but the truth is that if I just sit here and laugh at you you will provide more laughs as well.

You are endless laughs, WC. Endless.
    You just don't get it, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you're joking right. Did you even read and understand it?
    There is considerable evidence for solar influence on the Earth’s pre-industrial climate and the Sun may well have been a factor in post-industrial climate change in the first half of the last century. Here we show that over the past 20 years, all the trends in the Sun that could have had an influence on the Earth’s climate have been in the opposite direction to that required to explain the observed rise in global mean temperatures.
    The sun has increased in intensity. Enough to cause more than half the increased heat covered by the IPCC AR4 between the covered time frame of 1750 to 2004, without the water feedback effect.
    What do opposite direction mean?

But please by all means explain how the solar activity decreasing according to the study jives with your stupidity. I could use a laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I know. I say quantifying it doesn't matter. My reason is the guy in the video says he believes it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for global warming, as if that is the only cause. All I have to do is show there is another cause to show he is at least partially wrong.

I guess things are funny that you don't understand. You should ask for someone to elaborate on what they mean, instead of laughing like an ignorant fool.
    You'll continue to suffer his laughter until you run some numbers tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But please by all means explain how the solar activity decreasing according to the study jives with your stupidity. I could use a laugh.
    Cue the heat is stored in the oceans line from him with little to no understanding of basic thermodynamics and why that isn't the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue the heat is stored in the oceans line from him with little to no understanding of basic thermodynamics and why that isn't the case.
    I am going to go with the "you just do not understand" line.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

You keep bringing up stuff that is meaningless to what I say. That has no bearing on the trend from 1750 to 2004. What little is speaks of past time frames, it supports what I say.

Why are you always so far off target?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    zzzzzzzzzzt... zzzzzzzzt... zzzzt...
    I don't know why you participate in these AGW threads. It appears you don't know enough on the topic to debate it. You're just a peanut gallery glob fly at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ you telling anyone else they don't know enough. Yeah, I'm sure Agloco has a really hard time picking up on the basic thermodynamics you can't understand.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    @ you telling anyone else they don't know enough. Yeah, I'm sure Agloco has a really hard time picking up on the basic thermodynamics you can't understand.
    Thermodynamics isn't the issue. You have never explained why you think I don't understand it beyond something like you cannot create energy.

No Sherlock.

What the do you think I don't understand, because I do. You are really stupid to say I don't understand something when it is your misinterpretation of what I say, or your refusal to get clarification.

As for me implying Algoco doesn't understand AGW, it's because he drops an insult every now and then without ever participating in the debate, hence the peanut gallery glob fly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thermodynamics isn't the issue. You have never explained why you think I don't understand it beyond something like you cannot create energy.

No Sherlock.

What the do you think I don't understand, because I do. You are really stupid to say I don't understand something when it is your misinterpretation of what I say, or your refusal to get clarification.

Funny how no one understands but you, huh? Sure, Thermodynamics tells us nothing about where the heating is coming from. Nope, nothing.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Funny how no one understands but you, huh? Sure, Thermodynamics tells us nothing about where the heating is coming from. Nope, nothing.
    Specify where you think I'm wrong, or drop it head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, would be much easier to say where you're not wrong than specify where you're wrong.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Manny, you are a loser. Too chicken to say, because you fear I will once again prove you wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This coming from a guy who can't even read dates on a chart. Yeah, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scared of YOU proving me wrong.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I notice you keep throwing spitballs hoping one will stick. Where's the proof I don't understand thermodynamics?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    And for the record, the data I used from Lean et. al. is just the data from 1750 to 2004. If I went as far back as 1610, which I do have data for, it is larger than the 0.18% increase I use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I notice you keep throwing spitballs hoping one will stick. Where's the proof I don't understand thermodynamics?
    Um, your posts in this thread? Ocean lag.

Thread Information