Page 28 of 238 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good recap of the entire weekend courtesy of OrangeBloods:

-2015 DT Bryce English of DeSoto committed to Texas on Friday afternoon. He was #2 for that recruiting class. His godfather is Bruce Chambers.

-OL Terrell Cuney of Jasper committed to UT on Saturday before the spring game. He's #9 for 2014.

-2015 CB Jalen Campbell of Corpus Christi Flour Bluff pulled the trigger before the spring game as well. He's #3 for 2015.

-DT Trey Lealaimatafao of San Antonio Warren is #10 for 2014. He committed after the spring game.

-CB Darrion Johnson of Brenham was very close to committing last night but ultimately decided to speak with his high school coach before making a decision. He could be #11 on Monday.

-The newest 2014 offer went out to WR Dorian Leonard of Longview.

-DE Jake McMillon of Abilene is another that could commit very soon. He was in attendance last night and doesn't have any additional visits planned. TCU and Texas are still his top two.

-DE Jarrett Johnson of Katy Seven Lakes says his decision will come after he attends Texas A&M's "Friday Night Lights" event next weekend. No word if he's still leaning towards A&M or if things have changed.

-LB Otaro Alaka held off on making a decision yesterday. He's still scheduled to see A&M and LSU before making a decision.

-OL Jovan Pruitt of Dallas Bishop Dunne was one of few prospects that failed to make it to Austin this weekend.

-2015 WR Kemah Siverand of Cypress Ridge met with the UT coaches after the spring game but was not offered at that time. He said he'll know by Monday or Tuesday if he'll receive an offer. Siverand says he'll consider committing on the spot.

-Both DE Sione Teuhema and 2015 OL Maea Teuhema made a return visit to Austin.

-LB Zach Whitley of Galena Park North Shore watched practice on Friday and met with the UT coaches on more than one occasion. It is thought that Texas still trails in his recruitment but Whitley himself maintains he has no leaders.

-WR Trey Quinn of Lake Charles, LA did make it to Austin yesterday.

-2015 ATH JW Ketchum of Fort Bend Marshall was offered as a QB and says he's currently considering committing to UT despite not having much interest in the program before this weekend.

-The new 2015 offers are below:

RB, Soso Jamabo, Plano West
    DE/LB, Anthony Wheeler, Dallas Skyline
    S, Larry Pryor, Sulphur Springs
    S, Deionte Thompson, West Orange-Stark
    ATH, JW Ketchum, Fort Bend Marshall

-And the biggest news of all...Texas A&M commitment, ATH Nick Harvey, attended the spring game and sat with all of the recruits.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from OL Terrell Cuney after committing to Texas (24/7):

“I thought about it earlier this week and I decided that if it felt right I'd commit,” Cuney said. “I've been waiting for when it felt right and today it felt right."

“It feels good to have it over with,”
    Cuney said. “It's a relief.”

“I've liked Texas ever since I can remember,”
    Cuney said. “They've always been a dominant team and done well in their conference. Now I can go help Texas get another national championship.”

“He (Stacy Searels) wants a physical group that plays nasty,” Cuney said. “After talking with him as much as I have, and now that I'm committed and seeing what's here, we should have the kind of offensive line that can take us to a championship.”

“I'm going to do as much as I need to do to get them (other prospects) to join us,”
    Cuney said. “I want as many good players on my team as possible.”

“Growing up here you love the game, and if you play at Jasper you have a real passion for the game,” Cuney said. “I think I can help Texas because I've learned that when I'm on the field I've got to give it everything I've got.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    MAX_olson: Must've missed him last night, but K.D. Cannon (@IAmTheOne_9) tells me he did make it to #Texas spring game. #longhorns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick quotes from DT Trey Lealaimtafao on his commitment to Texas (24/7):

“I talked to the coaches after the game,” said Lealaimatafao, who attended the Texas Relays and the Longhorns' spring game. “I was talking with them and told them I wanted to be a Longhorn. I felt comfortable with everything and I gave the coaches my commitment.”

“I really like the academics and the school is a good school to go to,”
    Lealaimatafao said. “I like the coaches and that it's close to home. I like everything about Texas.”

Post Count
    Darrion Johnson committing would be awesome.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from 2015 DT Bryce English and his coach, Claude Mathis of DeSoto (24/7):

“I talked it over with my dad,”
    English said. “He told me my word is my bond, so I decided to go ahead and commit.”

“He (Bruce Chambers) looks out for me, he's got my back and I know the right place for me is Texas,”
    English said. “I'll stay out of trouble, and I know if I need someone to go to I can go to him.”

“I think he can be the best defensive lineman I've ever had,”
    Mathis said. “He's got the size, quickness and strength. He can be dominant as anyone I've been around. He's that good.”

“Right now what we've got him on is a strict diet plan and he's trimming more and more weight,”
    Mathis said. “We're seeing him shed it, and he's worked his butt off so far. He's so dang strong and he really knows his way around the weight room, so he's willing to work hard. I think when he's done growing his body will be more of a Warren Sapp type, if you look at it that way.”

“He (Cortez Kennedy) gives me a lot of pointers,”
    English said. “What to do, what not to do, where I can improve. It's great to have him in my life.”

“He's (Bo Davis) a good coach,” English said. “He's coached first-round picks and some great defensive tackles. I know he can get me to where I want to be.”

“Texas is my No. 1,” English said. “Like I said, my word is my bond and I'm staying with Texas.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2015 RB Soso Jamabo of Plano West after receiving his UT offer (24/7):

“Coach Brown got right to the bottom of things,” J
    amabo said. “He didn't mess around. He told me they were going to offer me and then we just talked about Texas and how I'd fit in the program.”

“I like Texas a lot,”
    Jamabo said. “It's a program with a lot of prestige. I liked them a lot growing up when they had Vince Young and I remember watching them all the time.”

“[Young] was a role model for me and I looked up to the guys on those teams and had fun watching them,” J
    amabo said. “Now that I have a chance to go to Texas like they did it's an amazing thing. I'm very blessed.”

“The coaches were really nice,”
    Jamabo said. “I know Texas is the kind of place where you can be around good people and compete for a national championship.”

“The coaches are going to be a big part of my decision,”
    Jamabo said. “I want to know that I'm in a good situation with good people who can help me achieve my dream of being a pro athlete.”

“I didn't think things would happen this fast for me,”
    Jamabo said. “I'm blessed to have the opportunities I've been given. It feels good to know that all of the hard work you've put into it is paying off.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 TE Jordan Davis of Houston Clear Lake talks more about his Sop re Day visit to Austin (24/7):

“My visit to Texas went great,” said Davis. “It was a good time. I enjoyed getting to see everything, learning about the school, meeting all the coaches and spend time with them, talking to the other recruits and just getting a firsthand look at Texas. I really did have a good time and enjoyed the visit.”

“I was impressed with the academic side of things,”
    explained Davis. “I couldn’t believe the support that their student athletes receive from the school. I’m not sure if all schools give that support, but if they do, they don’t show it like Texas does. It’s amazing the support system they have in place for the football players and any students involved in the program. I couldn’t believe it really. They truly want to help you earn a great education there.”

“I think I was the first one to actually be called in to Coach Brown’s office when I got there. It was like as soon as I arrived, I was pulled back into his office and we talked for a little bit,”
    he said. “He told me what their about at Texas, showed me some of the stuff they achieved since he’s been there and said they would really like to have me on campus and playing for the Longhorns.”

“After we talked for a while about me and Texas, he told me they wanted to offer me. He said I have a scholarship to Texas if I want it and they hope that I do want it,” he said. “The day I was there was actually my birthday, so getting the offer on that day was very cool. It was definitely my best present I received that day. I thought that was awesome that it worked out like that.”

“Getting that Texas offer was big, there’s no doubt about it. Right now though, Florida State is my number one school,”
    he said. “That’s why I committed there. With Texas offering me, that helped them out a lot and opened my eyes about some things. But right now, I’m happy with my decision. I’m going to continue to be interested in Texas and continue keeping a close eye on them, though. I won’t lie, they are right there in the mix. I’m definitely interested in them.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB/FB Daniel Gresham talks about his Ohio State visit and where things stand (24/7):

“Ohio State itself was beautiful,” Gresham said. “The only place it really compares to is here, but the coaches here are nicer. It made my commitment that much stronger, actually."

“They were disappointed because they thought I was one of their lead recruiters,”
    Gresham said. “I let my immaturity and my curiosity get the best of me. We're great, and I'm done with everything now.”

“We're good now,” Gresham said. “I told the coaches I'm done taking visits. I''m not going to put myself in that position or do that to the coaches.”

“Just (want to see) how the team has progressing,” Gresham said. “And hopefully it'll be another chance where I can talk to the coaches and let them know how sorry I am.”
    Last edited by TFloss32; 03-31-2013 at 12:07 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 DE/LB Anthony Wheeler of Dallas Skyline talks about his Texas offer (24/7):

“I thought it was going to be a long process,”
    Wheeler said. “He was pretty straight forward. It was a quick and easy process."

“They like my personality and my family background,”
    Wheeler said. “They said they want to see me in the future.”

“I've always liked how they play,”
    Wheeler said. “I like the coaches and I always like the players they have and I like how hard they compete.”

“That's the first school they try to push us to is Texas,”
    Wheeler said. “Texas is always down there watching us practice and they're always around.”

“He (Manny Diaz) likes me at outside linebacker,”
    Wheeler said. “He said he likes my speed to get to the ball.”

“It feels great to have the offer because I'm really interested in Texas,” Wheeler said. “But I've got to look at my options and make sure I pick the best school for me.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another positive development from the weekend is the surprise visit of LB/S Edwin Freeman of Arlington Bowie and he met with the staff while in Austin (24/7). He has no additional visits planned:

“I was in Austin but left before the spring game,” explained Freeman. “I did still go over to Texas and visit with the coaches though. It went great, I loved it. It was a good visit.”

“My top schools now are Texas, Texas A&M and TCU,” Freeman told Hookem.com. “I would say they are in that order.”

“I want to make it by the end of spring. That’s my plan anyway,” said Freeman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like things are looking better and better for Texas to flip WR Armanti Foreman (24/7):

“I think I know more than what I did at first before the junior day,” Foreman said. “Coach [Darrell] Wyatt has talked to me a lot about the offense and how it works. I've kept coming up here to try and build that relationship with the coaches.”

“If Texas was to offer my brother I would probably come here,” Armanti Foreman said. “If it was any other school then I'd really have to look at it.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on the St. Augustine recruits from 24/7...while RB Leonard Fournette is still considered a longshot for Texas, the good news is there is a legitimate interest after this weekend's visit even though Bama and LSU are the clear leaders. The other thing worth noting is his teammates, OL Joseph Paul, DT Courtney Garnett and CB Jermaine Roberts don't have much interest in LSU at all. Garnett and Roberts are scheduled to be back in Austin the weekend of April 12th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is back in the lead for DE Jarrett Johnson, per 24/7. He'll be at A&M on Friday and wants to make a decision shortly after that. We'll see how that goes as rumors have suggested the Ags are putting more of their focus on DE Myles Garrett and DE Qualen Cunningham of Chandler, AZ. They lead for both of those prospects.

“The visit was exactly what I had hoped for and then some,” said Johnson. “It was a great game to watch. There were a lot of people there who came out for it. It was just a really good spring game. I’ve never attended a big college football game, so I can’t even imagine how the atmosphere would be there if it was that good for just a spring game. It seems they have a lot of loyal fans.”

“I really wanted to watch Alex Okafor play,” Johnson said. “I know he couldn’t be out there though. But I thought it was great seeing the defense enjoy themselves and trying to put the biggest hits they possibly could on the offense. They did really good.”

“They are definitely my number one now,” he said. “For me, the trip to Austin only solidified that. Texas is number one, followed by Texas A&M. They are number two. Those are really the only two schools I’m considering now.”

“I do plan on making a commitment soon,” Johnson told Hookem.com. “My guess is that I probably make it after visiting Texas A&M. I should do that on Friday, then I’ll go from there. A commitment by the end of this week or the first of next is my plan, hopefully anyway, if my parents let me.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Lorenzo Joe reviews his weekend in Austin (24/7):

“I loved it,” said Joe. “I just like that it is fast paced. They threw a lot more than what they used to. For me being a wide receiver, that’s big. I like that a lot because it spreads the ball out and gives you more opportunities out there. I really think a lot of what Coach Applewhite has done and I know it will only get better.”

“The whole spring game experience was a good one,” Joe said. “But I’m really looking forward to seeing them play in the regular season. That’s what I’m pumped about. I know I’ll be down here a lot watching them play and doing my part on recruiting the kids that they are bringing in.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not much is known about him at this time, but OL Jesse "Boomer" Sosebee of Huntington Beach, CA is a prospect that was in attendance for the spring game, according to 24/7. Hopefully we'll get more information on him this week but he is definitely an OT.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/307526/#highlights/27703394

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks floss, lots of great news, lots of momentum right now.

It seems like Jarrett Johnson's #1 school changes every time he visits a school, so I wouldn't be surprised if aggy is back on top after his visit.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Commit #11 is in: DE Jake McMillon

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks floss, lots of great news, lots of momentum right now.

It seems like Jarrett Johnson's #1 school changes every time he visits a school, so I wouldn't be surprised if aggy is back on top after his visit.
    Yeah, we shall see. Ags get the last word.

Commit #11 is in: DE Jake McMillon
    I may be in the minority, but I like this guy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Darrion Johnson committing would be awesome.
    Sounds like it won't happen today as some thought would be the cast. Inside Texas saying Brenham coach Glen West feels Darrion is not 100% and has some reservations so he advised him not commit until he is certain.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR KD Cannon with an April Fools joke:

Am Kd Cannon™ @IAmTheOne_9
    I'm committing to Oregon

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lorenzo Joe™ ‏@LoJoe12 2m
    S/O to my bro Jake McMillon for committing to Texas today!! We are crosstown rivals now, but we are going to be teammates in 2014!! #HookEm

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oakland doesn't look like an option for VY anymore unless they can unload Palmer:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 2h
    THIS JUST IN: Raiders have agreement in principle w/ Seahawks to trade 2 draft picks for QB Matt Flynn, sources tell AdamSchefter.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 04-01-2013 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from LB Zach Whitley after spending the weekend in Austin (OrangeBloods):

"The highlights of the practice were that it was very intense, the whole practice," Whitley said. "It was an intense, fast practice, and I like the way they play."

"They're (Texas) basically telling me that I'm a great player, a great listener and they really want me to be a part of their program,"
    Whitley said.

"Right now I'm still open. I haven't made any kind of decisions at all,"
    Whitley said.

"That's (the rumors about Whitley) people being too nosy. I'm still open to everybody," Whitley said. "It really doesn't matter what conference or where I go."

"What I like about Texas is that they have a great engineering program. That's what I want to major in - aerospace engineering - and that they're in Texas, close to home," Whitley said. "Also that they have a great family atmosphere."

Thread Information