Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Witcher 3 has some really ing demented quests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha that's what I'm doing too plus crafting
    Hey man, do you ever get crashes in Witcher 3? 's frustrating as . I don't think it's my hardware, as GTA V pushes my CPU harder and running with vsync I'm not pushing my GPU to 100% constantly (though it is at an almost constant 99% GPU usage if I turn vsync off in TW3). I'm running version 1.07 of the game with the 353.30 drivers on Win 7 Pro. This game is amazing but damn that sucks when you're about to finish a big fight and all of a sudden freeze to desktop or blackscreen. I know the mother er isn't ever any higher than 65C on the core since I have set a decent fan curve and monitor it via MSI Afterburner and/or GPU-Z. CPU never runs hotter than 60C unless I run Prime95 or some other kind of synthetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, do you ever get crashes in Witcher 3? 's frustrating as . I don't think it's my hardware, as GTA V pushes my CPU harder and running with vsync I'm not pushing my GPU to 100% constantly (though it is at an almost constant 99% GPU usage if I turn vsync off in TW3). I'm running version 1.07 of the game with the 353.30 drivers on Win 7 Pro. This game is amazing but damn that sucks when you're about to finish a big fight and all of a sudden freeze to desktop or blackscreen. I know the mother er isn't ever any higher than 65C on the core since I have set a decent fan curve and monitor it via MSI Afterburner and/or GPU-Z. CPU never runs hotter than 60C unless I run Prime95 or some other kind of synthetic.
    Not at all. I think it crashed only once. I am playing with NVidia recommended settings thou. Although it seems most of it is ultra anyways. Do u have the latest patch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Witcher 3 has some really ing demented quests.
    I just did the botchling quest

ing epic. this botchling quest plus the Gwen card game alone take this game from an 8 to a solid 9 imo.

ing been looking forward to playing Gwen over the rest of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. I think it crashed only once. I am playing with NVidia recommended settings thou. Although it seems most of it is ultra anyways. Do u have the latest patch?
    It's on 1.07. I think it's the ing 4+2 phase power delivery in my card after seeing a thread at the EVGA forums talking about this problem with the EVGA GTX 970 SC and the EVGA GTX 970 FTW. Man I regret buying the EVGA GTX 970 SC, I should have gotten a 6+2 phase card like the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 or the MSI Gaming 970. ing EVGA not releasing their good version of the 970, the SSC with 6+2 phase power, until after I had bought the ty 970 SC. But the EVGA 970 SC got great reviews so I got it. I think I'm going to RMA this card once I finish Witcher 3 and hope to they send me an SSC back (doubtful) or maybe I get an SC back with a higher ASIC score. I don't even put an overclock on it in TW3 and have the fans running at higher speeds than normal and the thing still crashes sometimes, it's funny, the worst was at the very beginning when you're having that flashback with Yennefer and the er would crash when I'd walk out on the balcony.

I never use the recommended settings from GeForce Experience, as they always seem to target 45 fps and look like when I use them. I want it running 60 fps the whole time.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 08-06-2015 at 10:30 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    BTW, the i5-4690k overclocks with ease. 4.3 Ghz @ 1.259V stable, I'm sure I could push it more even with my Cooler Master TX3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, the i5-4690k overclocks with ease. 4.3 Ghz @ 1.259V stable, I'm sure I could push it more even with my Cooler Master TX3.
    Yeah, Devil's Canyon made huge improvements over standard Haswell. The i5-4670k and i7-4770k can be a real mixed bag when it comes to overclocking, but the i5-4690k and i7-4790k can usually hit 4.5-4.6 GHz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing epic. this botchling quest plus the Gwen card game alone take this game from an 8 to a solid 9 imo.

I got wrecked in my first hand of Gwent and haven't played it since. Does it do anything for your character? E.g., can you level up quicker by winning hands of Gwent, or is it just something to waste all your coins on buying better cards from the merchants?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah, Devil's Canyon made huge improvements over standard Haswell. The i5-4670k and i7-4770k can be a real mixed bag when it comes to overclocking, but the i5-4690k and i7-4790k can usually hit 4.5-4.6 GHz.
    Yeah I'm gonna see how much I can push with OCCT stress test tbh. Gigabyte's OC profile bumped CPU to 4.3Ghz + 1.31V and that's just overkill on the voltage. I've heard people getting 4.4/1.2V. Gonna fine tune it later this week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't even have to with the voltage to get that clocked to 4.6.. Just multiplyer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm gonna see how much I can push with OCCT stress test tbh. Gigabyte's OC profile bumped CPU to 4.3Ghz + 1.31V and that's just overkill on the voltage. I've heard people getting 4.4/1.2V. Gonna fine tune it later this week.
    You usually need about 1.3V or so to hit 4.5 GHz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't even have to with the voltage to get that clocked to 4.6.. Just multiplyer
    You must have Haswell confused with Sandy Bridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got wrecked in my first hand of Gwent and haven't played it since. Does it do anything for your character? E.g., can you level up quicker by winning hands of Gwent, or is it just something to waste all your coins on buying better cards from the merchants?
    I think its mainly for fun. You usually get 1 free card when you beat someone first time. The game is great once you get the hang of it. give it another try

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You usually need about 1.3V or so to hit 4.5 GHz.
    4.4Ghz and 1.21V rock solid...I'm probably done for now tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you enjoyed Far Cry 4? Good game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you enjoyed Far Cry 4? Good game.
    Yeah man, I ing love the Far Cry series with the stealth knife kills and body dragging. Have you seen the ending when you do what Pagan Min says and just sit there at the table and eat your crab rangoon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah man, I ing love the Far Cry series with the stealth knife kills and body dragging. Have you seen the ending when you do what Pagan Min says and just sit there at the table and eat your crab rangoon?
    Lol, no I spent like 40 hours bumming around making all the sidequests the letters, the hostages, races etc and after like 20 hours I found I could get the Sniper rifle to take the Outposts by stealth, you need to take 4 by stealth to unlock some abilities... running all you want and one more I cant remember.
    My final was not killing him, I think eating and after that we went to that little room to put the ashes there and after that he said something like THIS KINGDOM IS YOURS BUT THE HELICOPTER IS MINE!
    So I grabbed my rocket launcher and boom, but I´ve never wanted to kill him... good people.
    I sided with the , and she was a , she killed the teenage girl and said mean things to my character so I rocketed her ass.
    I think you mean the easter egg final, or you had the same final than me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, no I spent like 40 hours bumming around making all the sidequests the letters, the hostages, races etc and after like 20 hours I found I could get the Sniper rifle to take the Outposts by stealth, you need to take 4 by stealth to unlock some abilities... running all you want and one more I cant remember.
    My final was not killing him, I think eating and after that we went to that little room to put the ashes there and after that he said something like THIS KINGDOM IS YOURS BUT THE HELICOPTER IS MINE!
    So I grabbed my rocket launcher and boom, but I´ve never wanted to kill him... good people.
    I sided with the , and she was a , she killed the teenage girl and said mean things to my character so I rocketed her ass.
    I think you mean the easter egg final, or you had the same final than me?
    If you just sit there at the table for 15 minutes at the very start of the game you get a different ending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you just sit there at the table for 15 minutes at the very start of the game you get a different ending.

Lol, Pagan Min is good people.
    Too bad you cant save because I sided with Amita and didnt kill Sabal, Amita was like Ajay´s mother and Sabal like his dad but at least Sabal tried to conserve their culture, anyway Pagan was the man
    Great game, lots of EAGLE ATTACKS IN THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE MOMENTS EVER! like during taking an outpost or destroying those convoys, SHANGRI-LA!
    The game needs saving system to remember the good times, its a must.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, Novigrad has nothing but houses in Witcher 3.

I wonder if you get an achievement for boning every hooker in the game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are some quests way more demented than the botchling one.

Did you fight it or turn it into a lubberkin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some quests way more demented than the botchling one.

Did you fight it or turn it into a lubberkin?
    Tried to save it but failed twice so I just killed it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I figured out what was causing the crashes. I always want MSI Afterburner running when I play a game since I have a custom fan curve running in the summer to keep the GPU around 55C-65C most of the time. So anyways, in the second or two it takes to load after I double click the desktop icon, sometimes I go start Afterburner right then, causing Witcher 3 to start minimized. And it turns out the game usually crashes within 30 minutes if I do this, but if I have Afterburner running in time I never get the crash even when I have the GPU overclocked. Glad I don't have to RMA the card, seems like it's probably some kind of driver issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I finally have the PS4 devkit up and going, and I'm pretty amazed with the performance. Don't know what kind of tweaks they did to the BSD scheduler and if they're using Mantle exclusively, but it's smooth as butter, at least on 1080p.

Can't really do a direct comparison with the build of the same software I'm running on the G1 Gaming on Win7, since it's not specifically optimized for NVidia and has a lot more logging going on, so it obviously struggles a bit.

But pretty impressed so far, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude, Gwent decks come with the collector's edition of the game

Thread Information