My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST? overblow things? nah...
    Like street hookers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other teams and ESPN have every reason to stir the pot to try and get kawhi out of San Antonio

This.

Once the media / other teams smell blood, they speculate / go after a player to try to pry him away. They did it with countless other players (Paul George, CP3, Blake Griffin, LeBron now). People know how good Kawhi is and would try to get him for cheap. And Kawhi's uncle is one stupid mofo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...which is still better than s and their "my sources" threads.
    or trolls that only post to criticize what others post and never contribute any opinions of their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    per ST procedure, every word of green's will be analyzed more than a Shakespearean sonnet gets analyzed by a English phD candidate working on a dissertation.
    it's the offseason and no other reason to stop by this site, otherwise why show up here at all.. unless you are tholdren or actually care about guys thoughts on trump and politics or race. (I don't).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all makes sense now. Why else would they tell Kawhi to stay away from the team?
    You are making that up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Once the media / other teams smell blood, they speculate / go after a player to try to pry him away. They did it with countless other players (Paul George, CP3, Blake Griffin, LeBron now). People know how good Kawhi is and would try to get him for cheap. And Kawhi's uncle is one stupid mofo

75% of all media talking heads said the Spurs were his best “winning” option before they decided to run with controversy story with Kawhi/ Spurs

Broussard, Cris Carter, Skip, Jackson, Kellerman, Smith all at one point said Spurs would be his best shot at beating GSW. And it’s alllll because of Kawhi.

Windhorst said it..Kawhi-LeBron are connected this summer..not maybe as teammates but where they end up could change the landscape of the entire league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point?
    there's multiple inferences that you can make on your own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    75% of all media talking heads said the Spurs were his best “winning” option before they decided to run with controversy story with Kawhi/ Spurs

Broussard, Cris Carter, Skip, Jackson, Kellerman, Smith all at one point said Spurs would be his best shot at beating GSW. And it’s alllll because of Kawhi.

Windhorst said it..Kawhi-LeBron are connected this summer..not maybe as teammates but where they end up could change the landscape of the entire league
    It's a small story at this point, and the media likes hyping up small stories that have the potential to be huge/sensational. Even better if because of their hype, small stories become big, sensational ones (because they "broke" the stories lol).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or trolls that only post to criticize what others post and never contribute any opinions of their own.

...and that's nowhere near as bad as beating dead horses that absolutely add noting but take server space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a small story at this point, and the media likes hyping up small stories that have the potential to be huge/sensational. Even better if because of their hype, small stories become big, sensational ones (because they "broke" the stories lol).
    It’s not a story or consideration cause Kawhi status is up in the air..but once that domino falls things will heat up quick. If Kawhi stays in SA it comes down to Houston or SA..

If Kawhi leaves anything is up in the air..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't mind original opinions or even rehashed educated ones but bull disguised as an opinion is still bull , and there's way too much of that on ST (in other words, what ST offers too much of are narratives that steer these 'opinions'). now, does that mean that i should spend my time in the political wing? not if i kind find the occasional good link or well-articulated opinion, which does come out from some posters on a consistent enough basis to justify a few visits per week. unfortunately, they are in the minority.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer the trolls to those who actually think the nba is full of talent.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't mind original opinions or even rehashed educated ones but bull disguised as an opinion is still bull , and there's way too much of that on ST (in other words, what ST offers too much of are narratives that steer these 'opinions'). now, does that mean that i should spend my time in the political wing? not if i kind find the occasional good link or well-articulated opinion, which does come out from some posters on a consistent enough basis to justify a few visits per week. unfortunately, they are in the minority.
    You're replying to a troll dude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're replying to a troll dude.
    SAGirl is a dude?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAGirl is a dude?
    Adam's apple and everything.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on related news, Harden announced he's joining GS next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will be back on the Spurs next season. My guess is he'll sign a new deal here soon.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will be back on the Spurs next season. My guess is he'll sign a new deal here soon.
    "But what about his uncle?" manu4tres

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cliff jumper...

Just unplug your computer and go play outside
    Can I take my laptop with me?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like the longer this goes, the more nervous the situation becomes.

But maybe Pop needs more time to grieve and they weren't going to get back to the table till July anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess Pop will have a talk with Kawhi and his camp about a week before the draft. Pop not going to sugar coat anything in the end I think they agree to part ways and he gets traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like the longer this goes, the more nervous the situation becomes.

But maybe Pop needs more time to grieve and they weren't going to get back to the table till July anyway.
    I don’t know man, starting to think the best thing for both sides is for Leonard to stick it out next year, and figure out the future later. Because Leonard has a lot of power on where he will extend, there aren’t many trade packages that seem appealing heading into the draft.

We’re really talking about Cs, Sixers, and Clippers heading into the draft. Cavs are hamstrung until they know about James’s postion which will be after the drafts. The Cs and Sixers will lowball the Spurs, and the Clips have an underwhelming best offer of Harris and their two late firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. "

Wow. That's from a friend of his of many seasons and someone who actively makes an effort to talk to him.
    Not really. I don't get why anyone would think he and LDN are BFFs. Kawhi is a known recluse.

I think the people he is "closer" to are the more outgoing players on the team (Green and Paddy) since they are more likely to initiate conversations with him. Players like LMA, who is pretty laid back himself, probably hardly speak to him outside of practice/games.
    Last edited by FkLA; 06-04-2018 at 10:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I don't get why anyone would think he and LDN are BFFs. Kawhi is a known recluse.

I think the people he is "closer" to are the more outgoing players on the team (Green and Paddy) since they are more likely to initiate conversations with him. Players like LMA, who is pretty laid back himself, probably hardly speak to him outside of practice/games.
    Exactly... This isn't high school... These are grown men.... Lolol... They aren't texting and calling each other every day... They have enough on their plates just dealing with their families and friends

Thread Information