Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amid the rancour of American politics, the large number of first-time women candidates the Democrats will field is unequivocally positive. Around 400 women, mostly Democrats, are planning to run for the House, at least 50 for the Senate and 79 for governor. That is far more than have previously stood for any of those offices. At state and local levels, the picture is the same. In 2015 and 2016 around 900 women consulted Emily’s List about standing for office; since Mr Trump’s election, over 26,000 have.

mid-terms are not won by wooing the other side’s supporters, but by whichever party turns out its own voters. On that basis Mr Trump appears to have handed the Democrats an enormous advantage. By inspiring so many new candidates to come forward—as “an outraged sorority”, in Mrs Houlahan’s phrase—he has helped the party remedy one of its biggest weaknesses, the shallowness of its bench. In the process, the confusion of left-wing groups that have been leading the opposition to Mr Trump, including Emily’s List and Indivisible, a grass-roots group which introduced many of the newbie candidates to activism, has started to coalesce. Moreover, as the surge in women candidates also suggests, Mr Trump’s chauvinism may have stirred up Democratic voters across the board.
    https://www.economist.com/news/unite...-advantage-not

FWIW

Seen this first hand. Look at Texas' Democratic primaries for evidence of this.

President Hushmoney McPussygrabber is damaging the Trump party as much as he is damaging the US' brand globally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is also losing support among Repug females

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what they said in Nov2016

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is denying having an affair with all of the women who have come forward. I wonder if Trump is lying, or is this............................................
    wait for it
    FAKE NEWS!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is going to keep saying "_________ is going to be the undoing" until something sticks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Around 400 women, mostly Democrats, are planning to run for the House, at least 50 for the Senate and 79 for governor. That is far more than have previously stood for any of those offices. At state and local levels, the picture is the same. In 2015 and 2016 around 900 women consulted Emily’s List about standing for office; since Mr Trump’s election, over 26,000 have."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amid the rancour of American politics, the large number of first-time women candidates the Democrats will field is unequivocally positive. Around 400 women, mostly Democrats, are planning to run for the House, at least 50 for the Senate and 79 for governor. That is far more than have previously stood for any of those offices. At state and local levels, the picture is the same. In 2015 and 2016 around 900 women consulted Emily’s List about standing for office; since Mr Trump’s election, over 26,000 have.

mid-terms are not won by wooing the other side’s supporters, but by whichever party turns out its own voters. On that basis Mr Trump appears to have handed the Democrats an enormous advantage. By inspiring so many new candidates to come forward—as “an outraged sorority”, in Mrs Houlahan’s phrase—he has helped the party remedy one of its biggest weaknesses, the shallowness of its bench. In the process, the confusion of left-wing groups that have been leading the opposition to Mr Trump, including Emily’s List and Indivisible, a grass-roots group which introduced many of the newbie candidates to activism, has started to coalesce. Moreover, as the surge in women candidates also suggests, Mr Trump’s chauvinism may have stirred up Democratic voters across the board.
    https://www.economist.com/news/unite...-advantage-not

FWIW

Seen this first hand. Look at Texas' Democratic primaries for evidence of this.

President Hushmoney McPussygrabber is damaging the Trump party as much as he is damaging the US' brand globally.
    The butthurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is going to keep saying "_________ is going to be the undoing" until something sticks.
    "something" being the November mid-terms.

What should be a tough year for Dems due to gerrymandering/cheating advantage for the Trump Party will be all the more of a wake up call.

As noted in the OP I have seen evidence of this women's wave personally, even in Texas, especially among Hispanic women. The coming demographic wave will break all the earlier due to Trump, and probably in the nick of time to start repairing the damage that ty conservative policies have been doing to our country, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "something" being the November mid-terms.
    And if it's not?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if it's not?
    Never give up. Not sure what you are looking for here.

I get for not liking the result of the election, which is a fair cop, but:

What is the appropriate rational response to a really ty leader when you understand the damage being done to democracy and the US in general?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never give up. Not sure what you are looking for here.

I get for not liking the result of the election, which is a fair cop, but:

What is the appropriate rational response to a really ty leader when you understand the damage being done to democracy and the US in general?

I'm alluding to the fact that "everything" the MSM/anti-Trumpers, et. al is supposed to bury him and everything thus far is coming out nothingburgerish and we keep getting dJohners saying "just wait" when we might have to accept we have the second coming of Woodrow Wilson. A really, really stupid, less racist Woodrow Wilson, but an awful person who undermines the people and the cons ution who has done a whole lot of the opposite of what he said he would.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It’s funny how people label trump stupid when they have never done anything business wise in their entire lives and he savvily outmaneuvered their party/candidate in what should have been an easy win. Maybes it’s time to consider that you’re the stupid one if you can’t understand his brilliance, after all he’s winning not you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm alluding to the fact that "everything" the MSM/anti-Trumpers, et. al is supposed to bury him and everything thus far is coming out nothingburgerish and we keep getting dJohners saying "just wait" when we might have to accept we have the second coming of Woodrow Wilson. A really, really stupid, less racist Woodrow Wilson, but an awful person who undermines the people and the cons ution who has done a whole lot of the opposite of what he said he would.
    Pretty much. I am not going to predict his imminent downfall with any seriousness. Most likely result is that he will have another 3 years to damage brand USA, and turn the GOP into the Trump Cult of Personality Party, although I am not even confident of that. The amount of uncertainty about that is just too much.

I am confident in the fact that the GOP is ruining their brand for a generation.

The proof of all this will be the midterms. We will get to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybes it’s time to consider that you’re the stupid one if you can’t understand his brilliance, after all he’s winning not you.

"You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things." -President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Putin has built up their military again and again and again. Their military is much stronger. He’s doing nuclear, we’re not doing anything. Our nuclear is old and tired and his nuclear is tippy-top from what I hear. Better be careful, folks, okay? You better be careful.” -President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how people label trump stupid when they have never done anything business wise in their entire lives and he savvily outmaneuvered their party/candidate in what should have been an easy win. Maybes it’s time to consider that you’re the stupid one if you can’t understand his brilliance, after all he’s winning not you.

One thing I will give Trump is that he is a successful master troll who happens to be very quick witted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you have got proof now.

Virginia, Florida and those other districts that flipped says hi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. I am not going to predict his imminent downfall with any seriousness. Most likely result is that he will have another 3 years to damage brand USA, and turn the GOP into the Trump Cult of Personality Party, although I am not even confident of that. The amount of uncertainty about that is just too much.

I am confident in the fact that the GOP is ruining their brand for a generation.

The proof of all this will be the midterms. We will get to see.
    If the party in power loses seats in the midterm then that proves the party is ruined for a generation...that's some really impressive thinking RG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women preparing articles of impeachment of Clarence Thomas, for lying to Congress under oath, based on many more women, #MeToo, who have come forward in addition to the Repugs original victim, Anita Hill.

Repugs offer NOTHING BUT for America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao pathetic fools praying for djt's downfall but they don't subscribe to the lord so who they praying to really?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lmao pathetic fools praying for djt's downfall but they don't subscribe to the lord so who they praying to really?
    The devil

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

"You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things." -President Trump
    He talks down to the lowest common denominator, effective strategy but you aren’t smart enough to pick up on it. Keep living in your bubble.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpettes in a nuts .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He talks down to the lowest common denominator, effective strategy but you aren’t smart enough to pick up on it. Keep living in your bubble.
    HE'S STUPID ON PURPOSE, PEOPLE!

EFFECTIVELY STUPID!

Thread Information