Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP gon' be tappin that scrub's ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah actually. I was just going to say that while that is a sound strategy I don't think the Jazz have the personnel for it.
    I don't think anyone can do this to the spurs anymore we are a much more diferent team and have to much shooters, also something else that makes this difficult to do is how much the spurs run the pick and roll getting the big man out of the paint and bonner spreading the floor, even diaw the way he has been shooting the ball lately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP has come a long way since the '04 Laker series.
    The Grizzlies used the same strategy last year and it worked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone can do this to the spurs anymore we are a much more diferent team and have to much shooters, also something else that makes this difficult to do is how much the spurs run the pick and roll getting the big man out of the paint and bonner spreading the floor, even diaw the way he has been shooting the ball lately.
    I'm beginning to think that's probably the root cause of Pop's ongoing love affair with stretch 4s.

I was thinking in terms of this series but I would agree with your overall assessment. Other than the Heat and maybe Memphis I just don't see any teams that have the players (let alone the system) needed to stop us spacing-wise. That versatility will definitely help the team later on. Winning or losing in the later rounds will most likely come down to our defense and Bonner I think. So far so good on those counts imo.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies used the same strategy last year and it worked.
    No they didn't. Their strategy was to hope that Parker played like . It worked, but that doesn't make it a sound strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they didn't. Their strategy was to hope that Parker played like . It worked, but that doesn't make it a sound strategy.
    true

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, that's actually been a pretty sound strategy since Parker's been with the Spurs since he's been so hot/cold over the years in the playoffs (aka Speedy Claxton and Jacque Vaughn bailing him out in the '03 and '05 Finals ).

This year TP is on a mission--but I hope our opponents keep playing him the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at Harris giving someone a "hard" foul. I'm sure the bigs would say, "uh, if our point could just stay in front of him."

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    No one is scared of Stephen Jackson.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, that's actually been a pretty sound strategy since Parker's been with the Spurs since he's been so hot/cold over the years in the playoffs (aka Speedy Claxton and Jacque Vaughn bailing him out in the '03 and '05 Finals ).

This year TP is on a mission--but I hope our opponents keep playing him the same way.
    Is this misinformation day? Some of you guys need to do some ing research before you post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always hated that prick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at Harris giving someone a "hard" foul. I'm sure the bigs would say, "uh, if our point could just stay in front of him."
    Word...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ty Corbin should suggest a quick step or two in front of Tony Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NASFs ... just wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to see Parker on Harris tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only game that Speedy bailed TP out was the le clinching game in 2003, and 2005? Jacque Vaughn wasn't even on that team. When he was in 2007, Parker was MVP of the Finals. Not sure what you're talking about.

Thread Information