Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's normal for the initial period of creatine. It retains water in your muscles to allow them to rebuild faster.
    Yeah that's what I found out after my "panic attack"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well at the end of last year I was told I have a slightly enlarge heart and on top of my high blood pressure, I said ing no more....I wish to see my girls grow up and I want to get old with the wife.

Start of January I came in at 300 pounds, my stupid thing was always "well at least I'm not 300 pounds" and there I was on the scale looking at 3 ing hundred.

My wife is very supporting, you can't find junk food or even real suger in our place, our 2 girls really hated that at first. We also got a treadmill that I used every night for at least 30 mins and while not full out running its set at a damn fast walk with running off and on.

Changed my eating ways. My mouth only eats small portions 3 timies a day with zero snacking in between. So from January 1st to now Feb 14 I have lost 34 pounds. I can already feel my pants falling and made another hole in my belt. I still have a long ways to go but I'm getting there.

My wife is what made all this possible, she is really helping me on this by changing the foods we eat for the whole family. Our girls go to bday parties now and do the pinata and candy bag there and with out us telling them when they get home they throw them in the trash.
    good job sly and best of luck in losing more lbs..

someone said cutting off the junk food and soda will do wonders.. i will strongly back that up.. it may not be pleasant but it's very much worth the sacrifce.. the sugars and sweets will have to be kept down at a very low minimum.. you'd feel the difference in no time.. also.. cardio exercises is key

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's all diet. Best advice is to track everything you eat on fitday.com. It's free, but the $30 advanced software is worth it imo.

That and a food scale, and you are set.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    creatine is for pussies

and chode-aspirers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    creatine, just take whey protien.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack3d is the only supplement other than whey protein I have ever taken. Whey is a staple obviously, but I don't take jack3d anymore. I save it for special occasions. That will get you into Hulk mode for a workout but my body gets desensitized to it quickly

Unless you are a genetic god, diet is pretty much everything. You can bust your ass to the break, but if you are eating crap you won't see the results you want. If your workout program is hard enough...without eating correctly, you won't even be able to get through it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You Are What You Eat

The supplements I Take is, Whey Protein, Pink Magic and Jack3d.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i only use whey protein isolate, creatine, and glutamine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I went into New Balance today just to check 'em out since they're the closet store to my house. What a ing waste. The guy was like "Yeah...so you over pronate. Let me get you some shoes." I kept saying the shoes were too big but he just kept adding padding with insoles to try to get me to buy them. Totally going to the other places next, even if it does mean driving inside 410 (yes..being lazy!).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    nobody gives a about your homely, fat ass

I got a diet for ya. It's called the yayo diet

a ball a day and those pounds will melt off

...too bad you'll still be an ugly, muh in skank, even after you lose the weight

goddamn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Holy crap, y'all. Do you ever run without hurting? Even with new broken in shoes I either have anterior shin splints or my IT Band hurts like someone stabbed me in the thigh.

But....but...but...I can run 3.11 miles without stopping.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Get a better sport bra.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05hLQYFA3E

Works for shin splits at least for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    First of all, I personally hate running on a treadmill. I think it's notoriously boring, not nearly as productive as running outside (since you have a belt that's forcing your feet to move), and I have concerns that it prevents a natural running gait from developing.

To my knowledge, the absolute BEST thing for your heart and overall level of fitness is swimming. Reason being, it uses your ENTIRE body as one giant floating muscle, and you have to consistently move just to stay afloat. If you hate running (especially if you hate running), I would recommend swimming to you.

I also want to stress the mistake I see a lot of women making: Don't go by your weight. I know too many people who think that if they're not losing much weight, they're doing something wrong, so they constantly change diets, hoping one of them will work from day 1. This can shock your system to the point where you make yourself sick, or worse.

Which is preposterous. Your body may be called a "machine", but it's still an incredibly complex system of fibers and chemicals. It takes time for it to adapt to a new routine. In fact, upon initial workouts, you might actually gain weight from new muscle being created. However, exercise is the only method to lower your body's "set weight", the weight which you normally operate from. This is why dieting alone almost NEVER works. Eating right (not less food, and sometimes MORE food, but the right food) is only one part of the equation here.

My advice to you: Throw away your scale and start judging your body based on how it feels. If you run up a flight up stairs and feel exhausted, that's a bad sign. If you can go up 10 flights of stairs without breaking much of a sweat, that's a sign you're getting healthy, regardless of your weight.

Start small. Swim a little (5-10 minutes). Run a little (5-10 minutes at a pace you can handle). I recommend this phenomenal book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Chi-Running-Da.../dp/074325144X
    I used to run with shin splints, until I read Chi-Running. Now I might get them once every other month. It made running easy for me. You don't NEED to run though, as there are plenty of exercises out there, but running is great.

Aerobics are great to start with, as others have suggested. If your heart rate is increasing, your body is working itself! Do some very light, high repe ion weights for muscle tone. Start by working out 15 minutes every other day, and increase when you feel comfortable doing so.

And STAY AWAY from weight loss products. No discussion on this.
    A lot of truth in this post CH. ...... especially the last sentence. Can't stress that enough.

Treadmills are insanely boring to me as well, however I have had great success at the Golds Gym at Bandera and 1604. They've got a lot of stair-steppers and treadmills in a movie theatre room. The time flies by in there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Get a better sport bra.
    Tell that to the two guys running on either side of me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot of truth in this post CH. ...... especially the last sentence. Can't stress that enough.

Treadmills are insanely boring to me as well, however I have had great success at the Golds Gym at Bandera and 1604. They've got a lot of stair-steppers and treadmills in a movie theatre room. The time flies by in there.
    yep that's my main gym too.. i usually do the exercise bike.. im not a fan of treadmills anymore but unfortunately i have no where else to run.. my neighborhood is full of stray dogs lol..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    yep that's my main gym too.. i usually do the exercise bike.. im not a fan of treadmills anymore but unfortunately i have no where else to run.. my neighborhood is full of stray dogs lol..
    This is the exact reason I pop over there. I have to carry a damn kitchen knife with me when I run in my neighborhood.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The wedding dress hanging on the back of my closet door motivates the heck out of me. I've been doing a good balance of weights and cardio and have had very good results. The more lean muscle you build, the more calories you burn even at rest. And unless you're a 'roid user you're a girl ... you won't bulk up like a guy. And as you lose weight, you'll have really nice definition to your muscles (arms!).

If you can push yourself to workout at least 4 days a week ... After about 2 weeks you'll start feeling crappy when you skip.
    Good advice here.

Incorporate weight training into your exercise routine. Many women have problems with shin splints when running so if that is a problem go with some areobics with weight training.

Exercise at a regular interval and make it a part of your day, after a while it becomes just that, a part of your day. Join a gym. It is much easier working out with others. You will even make some new workout friends. You will eventually like working out and keeping in shape.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Good advice here.

Incorporate weight training into your exercise routine. Many women have problems with shin splints when running so if that is a problem go with some areobics with weight training.

Exercise at a regular interval and make it a part of your day, after a while it becomes just that, a part of your day. Join a gym. It is much easier working out with others. You will even make some new workout friends. You will eventually like working out and keeping in shape.
    I totally love it. It's the nagging shin splints and ITBS that are bothering me now. I love the fact that I hate missing a day, now. I had a friend visit a while back who is not athletic, so I missed a few days. I felt horrible missing those few days. It's a total high.

It does take work to get to the point where you can just go for it, but it is totally worth it. I may not be the fastest, but at least I can do it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Officially down 30 pounds as of yesterday!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    good for you assbeigh. keep up the good work

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I totally love it. It's the nagging shin splints and ITBS that are bothering me now. I love the fact that I hate missing a day, now. I had a friend visit a while back who is not athletic, so I missed a few days. I felt horrible missing those few days. It's a total high.

It does take work to get to the point where you can just go for it, but it is totally worth it. I may not be the fastest, but at least I can do it.

Running fast is just for bragging rights. As long as you finish it doesn't matter what speed you run at. Whatever is comfortable for you. Trying to chase these ridiculous 1 mile times alot of people try for will literally cause you to hate running.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You Are What You Eat

The supplements I Take is, Whey Protein, Pink Magic and Jack3d.
    who would have ever thought this guy, in purple v-neck, my parents pay for everything boy, takes multiple suPplements that has parents probably bought for him also.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I take jack3d and Whey protein only.

I spent over or close to a G on weights and supps so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I take jack3d and Whey protein only.

I spent over or close to a G on weights and supps so far.
    I must say that it is paying off....you look mahvelous!!

Thread Information