Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or any big other then Duncan Pop just doesn't know how to coach them. I would love for us to bring some coach heck Kareem over someone who has played the position to be on our coaching staff.
    The way you get young bigs with a good chance to develop is with lottery picks or thereabouts. The Spurs' perennial terrible draft position means we haven't had the chance to draft one since Tim. Our inability to develop second rounders and other teams' castoffs says more about the quality of those players than about our coaching, imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way you get young bigs with a good chance to develop is with lottery picks or thereabouts. The Spurs' perennial terrible draft position means we haven't had the chance to draft one since Tim. Our inability to develop second rounders and other teams' castoffs says more about the quality of those players than about our coaching, imo.
    I think if you poll SpursTalk you would get about 70% people saying Pop doesn't know what the fck to do with Spitter. I don't see him helping him, I don't see him coaching him, I don't see him running plays for him, I don't see him building his confidence up.

I did see him on national TV making an ass out of himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mundo Deportivo, a newspaper of Barcelona, after an interview with FCB's GM, FCB's coach and Navarro (captain), will publish tomorrow on their cover "Lorbek will play in San Antonio".

PS- Mundo Deportivo has ALWAYS great leaks and their journalists are close to the organization.
    Thanks for the info

bottom center:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info

bottom center:

Bottom right: The best ad you'll ever see in a newspaper cover

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that makes sense tbh. The Spurs have to improve a lot to make another run next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom right: The best ad you'll ever see in a newspaper cover
    And you live in Spain? That ad ain't nuthin'...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great addition, at leat that makes a reliable big man that has the whole package and can hit the 3. Letīs see his adaptation, but if he can be our very own Mehmet Okur, that would be bye bye Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...n-antonio.html

According to the Spanish Newspaper Mundo Deportivo, San Antonio Spurs' Erazem Lorbek will be making his way to the Spurs this coming season. A resident from Spain, @DudaSun, sent this picture from today's newspaper in Spain that states Lorbek is coming to San Antonio (lower corner text).
    The Spanish resident sent this message to my twitter account.

Mundo Deportivo, a newspaper of Barcelona, after an interview with their GM 'Lorbek will play in San Antonio'.

The source states that the GM of FCB Regal, where Lorbek just won a championship, has stated that Lorbek is definitely making his way across the pond to play for the Spurs. Now comes the question if the Spurs will be able to sign him and at what cost seeing how they have current free agents to take care of such as Tim Duncan, Danny Green, and Gary Neal.

Be sure to return to Project Spurs later where we'll have more information on the growing story of Lorbek coming to San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he doesn't suck. Can't be worse than Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he actually spreads the floor when it matters!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still dont see Pop getting rid of Bonner....the ginger suck will continue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the one hand, this is great news. A skilled, in his prime, 6-10 or 11 guy, who can score inside and out. On the other hand, what does this mean for Diaw? And whether they can retain Diaw, while simultaneously adding him or not (a difficult proposition, I know), how does he fit?

Given his size, coupled with his lack of athleticism and mobility, I'd be very surprised if they viewed him as anything other than almost strictly a center. But this team has the second best duo at center in the league (to the Lakers) and doesn't need to get any less athletic and mobile amongst its bigs. In fact, their biggest need is just that; an athletic, mobile big.

Most have figured out that Blair is probably going to be dealt at the draft, but there's got to be more to this. As in, either Bonner or Splitter is being traded, as well. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure how this makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can split lle and mle between diaw and lorbek. Previous thought that diaw gets full mle less likely after his play against Okc. Someone else will have to overpay to get diaw which seems unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lle may now have a diff name and or be a biannual exception.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can split lle and mle between diaw and lorbek. Previous thought that diaw gets full mle less likely after his play against Okc. Someone else will have to overpay to get diaw which seems unlikely.
    I wouldn't completely rule it out either. It's definitely highly unlikely, but it was just two short years ago that everyone was stunned at how little they got Splitter to sign for and Splitter was a better prospect than Lorbek is. They might be able to pull off Diaw for $3 million and Lorbek for $2 million.

As I alluded to though, even if they can pull that off and trade Blair or Bonner, the pieces don't really fit and they won't have addressed their need. All they'll have done is add a skilled big, who doesn't figure to play much with either of their two best bigs and their two best bigs already play sparingly together. It doesn't add up.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I wouldn't completely rule it out either. It's definitely highly unlikely, but it was just two short years ago that everyone was stunned at how little they got Splitter to sign for and Splitter was a better prospect than Lorbek is. They might be able to pull off Diaw for $3 million and Lorbek for $2 million.

As I alluded to though, even if they can pull that off and trade Blair or Bonner, the pieces don't really fit and they won't have addressed their need. All they'll have done is add a skilled big, who doesn't figure to play much with either of their two best bigs and their two best bigs already play sparingly together. It doesn't add up.
    That's because you don't see the whole picture yet. Draft night will tell the tale. If the Spurs appear to be signing a surplus of whatever, count on that surplus not being around for too long.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lle may now have a diff name and or be a biannual exception.
    Whatever it's called, we have it this coming season. We didn't use any exceptions except minimum salary ones this year for Diaw and Mills.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least his hook shots look better than splitter's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome news.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would be very excited if the spurs manage to keep diaw and also sign lorbek. that means they can then unload the dead weight of bonner and keep blair as insurance. sadly, the spurs can probably only get one and some team is bound to overpay diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news though I still have my reservations. He still needs to prove he can do it at the NBA level, or else he will be the latest in the Spurs euro-league saviors that have come up short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek has decided to go to the Spurs next season

Erazem Lorbek will not play in Regal Barca next season, but will do in the San Antonio Spurs, the NBA team that has rights since last year.

The Slovenian power forward will jump to the best league in the world at full maturity (28 years) and after becoming the last three years at the club in one of the best players are in Europe, as has been endorsed this season with inclusion in the ideal team in the Euroleague trophy and the MVP of the recent League final Endesa.

Although the final agreement with the Spurs is not signed, it is still playing in the NBA playoffs and the deadline for such operations is not open yet, the understanding between Lorbek and Texas franchise is total and absolute.

The Slovenian power forward will join a group in which pivots are like Tim Duncan or Tiago Splitter, another star of the Spanish league that made the leap to American compe ion.

For Barca, low Lorbek is more than important, because right now there are no players in Europe with its quality. The Catalan club weeks ago and is considering various options to fill a void that will be very large. Remember that in the Barcelona box just four pivots contract this summer.

Besides Lorbek does Fran Vazquez, who is trying to convince the club that follow. And also end its contractual relationship Boniface Ndong and Kosta Perovic, although in the latter case the club has the option to unilaterally renew.

In both cases the tying interest or not depends on whether the club can be found in the 'market' or better parts fit or if their characteristics are compatible with the other players who fichen in the interior positions.

The possible departure to the NBA Lorbek, who played one season in the NCAA (Michigan State University) and is fluent in English, was something that had been rumored. In late April, Greg Popovich, Spurs coach, dropped in an interview without being asked for it, that "Kawhi Leonard (rookie already in the Spurs) and our tall boy of Europe are going to help. "

Immediately everybody thought Lorbek and days after the Web 'Tubasket' reported that the player was preparing to land in the NBA. All this has finally been confirmed and Slovenia will play the coming weeks in the best league in the world. It is definitely the logical destination of an MVP.
    http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201206...314079503.html

*someone can check translation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs allready working on that front court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek has decided to go to the Spurs next season

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201206...314079503.html

*someone can check translation
    While if this is true (and the possibility is high), it is a great news.. I would advise that Mundodeportivo and other sport "tabloids" in Spain have to be read with a load of salt. They are sport "dailies" who come up with regular doses of transfer information (without adequate quotes or sources) just to fill up their pages regularly. Marca, AS, Mundo Deportivo and Sport are all masters in this daily game - which is actually quite unethical, but such is journalism these days.

So while Lorbek might indeed be headed towards the Spurs or is inclined to do so, this batch of news - without adequate confirmation - might be the figment of one writer's views as much as ours are.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're not making any sense. Lorbek and Diaw could play with either Duncan or Splitter. It's Duncan and Splitter who can't play together.

Thread Information