Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Chinook;8176526]

Beli wasn't open. Kawhi was the most open, but the lob took too long to get there. Had Diaw faked to Kawhi then bulleted the pass to Marco, maybe.
    The play was , plain and simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Chinook;8176526]

Beli wasn't open. Kawhi was the most open, but the lob took too long to get there. Had Diaw faked to Kawhi then bulleted the pass to Marco, maybe.
    That was what I noticed. Kawhi rolling to the paint would have been a better decoy play as it left Marco wide open and he had been on fire. Of course b4 there was player movement on th play everyone was guarded, but after Kawhi rolled Marco's man helped leaving Marco wide open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was what I noticed. Kawhi rolling to the paint would have been a better decoy play as it left Marco wide open and he had been on fire. Of course b4 there was player movement on th play everyone was guarded, but after Kawhi rolled Marco's man helped leaving Marco wide open.
    Yeah, but Barnes moves after Diaw throws the ball. He didn't just take off. So Diaw would have had to physically pumpfake before delivering the pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another mid-season bump. Discuss if your bored like me...

I think it's pretty safe to to that this is Kawhi's team, but should it be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    >

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you mother ers constantly talk in terms of ownership and alpha this, alpha that. I mean holy , shut the up. Do you guys need someone to dominate you for you to be worth a ? Sounds like it.

Kawhi was here first, works his ass off, does the dirty work and has taken off like a rocket. Having said that Kawhi is better as a garbage man, getting points and other stats in many ways. He can get 30 points without getting alot of set plays. LMA is different simply by the position he plays. Unlike, Kawhi, hes too tall to dribble down the court and make his own play, he needs to be fed the ball in the post or p-n-r's or whatever. Its about fitting pieces of the puzzle not feeding egos...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's both guy's. These past few games without Timmy and Manu we kept winning bc both guys came up big and Patty got hot to kept the bench afloat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you mother ers constantly talk in terms of ownership and alpha this, alpha that. I mean holy , shut the up. Do you guys need someone to dominate you for you to be worth a ? Sounds like it.

Kawhi was here first, works his ass off, does the dirty work and has taken off like a rocket. Having said that Kawhi is better as a garbage man, getting points and other stats in many ways. He can get 30 points without getting alot of set plays. LMA is different simply by the position he plays. Unlike, Kawhi, hes too tall to dribble down the court and make his own play, he needs to be fed the ball in the post or p-n-r's or whatever. Its about fitting pieces of the puzzle not feeding egos...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a more polished scorer than Kawhi. Kawhi's game has evolved by leaps and bounds this season, however Aldridge has been a go-to scorer for years. It doesn't surprise me that he's been the first option a lot lately. As of now, Aldridge is still the more proven scorer. As far as being handed the team? I think that's a stretch.
    -Let the hating commence.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi shooting 62TS% and doesn't go down with volume. Easily gets you 30 ppg if you increase his minutes. Been the first option and best option the whole season. Proven scorer vs great compe ion int he playoffs. You clowns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atm, that's just one season (more like 1/2 a season sample) vs LaMarcus' whole career of being a proven scorer in the league. I'm not saying Kawhi is not a superstar. But Aldridge is also a proven star with a more polished and proven offensive game at this point. Who's the clown?
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 02-15-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atm, that's just one season (more like 1/2 a season sample) vs LaMarcus' whole career of being a proven scorer in the league. I'm not saying Kawhi is not a superstar. But Aldridge is also a proven star with a more polished and proven offensive game at this point. Who's the clown?
    Why not wait until kawhi is at the end of his career?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not wait until kawhi is at the end of his career?
    That's a much better argument. But as of now Aldridge is still the more polished scorer.
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 02-16-2016 at 06:41 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi shooting 62TS% and doesn't go down with volume. Easily gets you 30 ppg if you increase his minutes. Been the first option and best option the whole season. Proven scorer vs great compe ion int he playoffs. You clowns.
    I think his defense would suffer if you increase minutes and expect proportional scoring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a better arguement. But as of now Aldridge is still the more polished scorer.
    By default you mean?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his defense would suffer if you increase minutes and expect proportional scoring.
    And the offense is worse when he ain't involved. What about it?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think sometimes our first quarters suck vs good compe ion? It's because we are running the tony parker show in the first. Come on guys. Watch more Spurs basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I was thinking before the season started but with Kawhi having such a high ceiling I thought and still think it's important to give him the ball so we can see what he does. So far so good, but I still have my concerns. Kawhi is more efficient than LMA, but hasn't shown he is able to take defenders off the dribble to create for teammates (consistently). He also not a volume scorer partly because he hasn't been drawing a lot of fouls as well as his (relatively) weak off-the-dribble game. I still think he can put it all together so I don't think things should change.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a more polished scorer than Kawhi. Kawhi's game has evolved by leaps and bounds this season, however Aldridge has been a go-to scorer for years. It doesn't surprise me that he's been the first option a lot lately. As of now, Aldridge is still the more proven scorer. As far as being handed the team? I think that's a stretch.
    -Let the hating commence.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I was thinking before the season started but with Kawhi having such a high ceiling I thought and still think it's important to give him the ball so we can see what he does. So far so good, but I still have my concerns. Kawhi is more efficient than LMA, but hasn't shown he is able to take defenders off the dribble to create for teammates (consistently). He also not a volume scorer partly because he hasn't been drawing a lot of fouls as well as his (relatively) weak off-the-dribble game. I still think he can put it all together so I don't think things should change.
    Dont forget his defense and rebounding and that he is a spot up three point shooter. I know you havent really forgotten but no one is mr everything, even Jordan. He can improve in the areas you talk about but its almost better if he isnt a Lebron James, it gives room for the other teammates to contribute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still undefeated with lma leading the way. Think it's a better fit for him to get more looks, as it doesn't take as much as toll on Kawhi to over think forcing things and mess with other parts of his game. Will help his development.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still undefeated with lma leading the way. Think it's a better fit for him to get more looks, as it doesn't take as much as toll on Kawhi to over think forcing things and mess with other parts of his game. Will help his development.
    If he only showed up vs the good teams now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he only showed up vs the good teams now...
    Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker want to hero ball TBH.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker want to hero ball TBH.
    Can't score vs good teams. Can score a lot of points vs bad teams. Do you get he hint?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't score vs good teams. Can score a lot of points vs bad teams. Do you get he hint?
    Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker decide to not pass the ball. He doesn't bring it downcourt TBH.

Thread Information