Page 163 of 745 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see as much grief given to Kawhi, if not more. Of course ESPN is driving the Spurs hatred, but I'm not sure how many people are buying it.
    I live in Charlotte NC and most people I have talked to don't buy into the bs but it's hard for me to gauge nationally how people are viewing this situation. Judging by some of the other message boards it's seems Kawhi wins the majority by a slight edge. Granted there are a lot of fans who are s and are hoping Kawhi ends up on their team ala celtics/lakers/sixer fans so they buy into ESPN's narrative about the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live in Charlotte NC and most people I have talked to don't buy into the bs but it's hard for me to gauge nationally how people are viewing this situation. Judging by some of the other message boards it's seems Kawhi wins the majority by a slight edge. Granted there are a lot of fans who are s and are hoping Kawhi ends up on their team ala celtics/lakers/sixer fans so they buy into ESPN's narrative about the Spurs.
    I see grief toward the Spurs on message boards from Lakers fanbois, reddit and so on. Everyone else is slagging on Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He abandoned the ing team. LOL buying Uncle Dennis' bull when Kawhi left NYC right after the Spurs were eliminated. He was fine to play if he hadn't quit on the team. What a piece of holding out for a season in the NBA when contracts are guaranteed.
    He was fine to play?? COMPLETE speculation! Especially since all evidence pointed to him having an actual issue... Kawhi if ur seeing this, plz don't listen to these idiots... Come back plz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was fine to play?? COMPLETE speculation! Especially since all evidence pointed to him having an actual issue... Kawhi if ur seeing this, plz don't listen to these idiots... Come back plz
    There's no way he was hurt all that time. No way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it was true Leonard would have sat on the bench if pop wife did not die
    What do you mean by that? Why would he only chose to sit on the bench if Pop's wife didn't die?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the spurs clear their star player for the next 10 years if he was hurt. They shut Duncan down during playoffs thinking long term for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What evidence? Please enlighten us with an actual medical report with tests and images.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No that's taking the word of the team doctors instead of Uncle Dennis. All evidence pointed to Leonard having already left the team, especially the part about not going to any playoff games because he had to train in NYC and then heading home the second the Spurs were eliminated. Kawhi if you're seeing this, I hope you blow out your ing knee next season and then you'll have a real reason to sit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean by that? Why would he only chose to sit on the bench if Pop's wife didn't die?
    Rumor was he was going to sit on bench with pop in playoffs if pop coached but then his wife died and pop never coached

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the spurs clear their star player for the next 10 years if he was hurt. They shut Duncan down during playoffs thinking long term for him.
    LOL at anyone who thinks the team that threw away a chance to defend a le out of caution for their star player (and over his loud objections) would rush their star player back for regular season games if he was hurt. Kawhi's doctors did all to get him "healthy" this season. LOL now he's 100% when he can go to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor was he was going to sit on bench with pop in playoffs if pop coached but then his wife died and pop never coached
    Where was he in games 1and 2 the tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we are just going to ignore the interview when Pop said Kawhi would be more helpful to the team rehabbing instead of sitting on the bench? This was well before the media started making an issue out of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we are just going to ignore the interview when Pop said Kawhi would be more helpful to the team rehabbing instead of sitting on the bench? This was well before the media started making an issue out of it
    I think he should have been on the bench last 10 games and playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He abandoned the ing team. LOL buying Uncle Dennis' bull when Kawhi left NYC right after the Spurs were eliminated. He was fine to play if he hadn't quit on the team. What a piece of holding out for a season in the NBA when contracts are guaranteed.
    Yes. Also while his uncle has an agenda the idea that Leonard is somehow oblivious to what is going on stretches credulity.

Think about it, if there was some kind of broken promise on the part of the Spurs it would've been stated or leaked by now.

The trade demand confirmed what's been really going on. NBA players benefit from the large portion of long term contracts that are guaranteed. In exchange though the unwritten rule is that you don't hold out, when you can play you play, especially for a playoff team.

There's a lot of questions any team looking at making a nine figure commitment to Leonard is going to want to know about what went down. I think there's a lot more damage to Leonard's reputation than his group realizes. You have to otherwise believe that the Spurs weren't taking care of their franchise player's health.

Leonard's uncle and agent don't represent any other players. They have limited experience though think they are playing hardball. In the end Leonard will pay. It's not hard to see him getting a large part of the supermax in a scenario where all this didn't happen.

He quit on a playoff team as the best player on the roster. There's no other way to describe it.

I've seen some crappy players play for the Spurs over the years but I don't recall one ever doing something like that.

Mofo is dead to me, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Also while his uncle has an agenda the idea that Leonard is somehow oblivious to what is going on stretches credulity.

Think about it, if there was some kind of broken promise on the part of the Spurs it would've been stated or leaked by now.

The trade demand confirmed what's been really going on. NBA players benefit from the large portion of long term contracts that are guaranteed. In exchange though the unwritten rule is that you don't hold out, when you can play you play, especially for a playoff team.

There's a lot of questions any team looking at making a nine figure commitment to Leonard is going to want to know about what went down. I think there's a lot more damage to Leonard's reputation than his group realizes. You have to otherwise believe that the Spurs weren't taking care of their franchise player's health.

Leonard's uncle and agent don't represent any other players. They have limited experience though think they are playing hardball. In the end Leonard will pay. It's not hard to see him getting a large part of the supermax in a scenario where all this didn't happen.

He quit on a playoff team as the best player on the roster. There's no other way to describe it.

I've seen some crappy players play for the Spurs over the years but I don't recall one ever doing something like that.

Mofo is dead to me, tbh.
    If Kawhi quit, every spurs star quit... Because they ALL have been injured at critical times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard was Healthy tbh.

But the organization needs a mindset overhaul. The idea that they're above the current trend of superstars means no one will every play here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mofo is dead to me, tbh.

Keep truth bombing these gullible fanboys, bro ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mofo is dead to me, tbh.
    It's interesting what a bad precedent this has set for the rest of the league. I didn't realize how bad of a precedent has been set until I listened to a youtube basketball blogger that I respect talk about it today. The youtube blogger stated that because of what Kawhi did with the bs injury hold out and what happened with Kyrie with his threats to sit out a season if he wasn't traded that these situations will result in another lockout or strike in the future. He stated the problem is now a bunch of other players will attempt the same thing that if they hate where there playing they won't honor their contract and try to force their team to trade them by playing the bs injury hold out card. The owners will try to alter the CBA to prevent this type of in the future from happening again. I don't know what it will be but it will be controversial.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi quit, every spurs star quit... Because they ALL have been injured at critical times
    Key difference was their injuries were legit and Kawhi's wasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then all of a sudden been 100% healthy when trying to go to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was blindsided by Pop.

The Spurs Dont Deserve Superstars. They dont teat superstars like Superstars. They treat them like any other player. On your way to a 5th 30 point game? Let me bench you the whole 4th.

This no longer works. I'm glad Kawhi Sat out. PATFO ego is too huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was blindsided by Pop.

The Spurs Dont Deserve Superstars. They dont teat superstars like Superstars. They treat them like any other player. On your way to a 5th 30 point game? Let me bench you the whole 4th.

This no longer works. I'm glad Kawhi Sat out. PATFO ego is too huge.
    Pop: You're healthy. Great! A ton of doctors say you can play now!

Kawhi: No, I have an ouchie. And now you've blindsided me! *cries impassively*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop: You're healthy. Great! A ton of doctors say you can play now!

Kawhi: No, I have an ouchie. And now you've blindsided me! *cries impassively*
    Fanboys will be fanboys until the end. Kawhi is their god and he can do no wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unkle Dennnis Coach Pops won't let me skore!!

Thread Information