Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To CP3/Blake/G. Hill/Russ and co.:

Stop deluding yourself about winning a ring in the next 2/3 years. Nobody is taking one from Golden State if LeBron or Leonard is not on your team-- the two best players in the world they have no answer for..

if you're about this "winning" thingy, take a discount and be part of something monumental. There are no other paths in the foreseeable future, tbh..

Not to mention this impending Conference Finals loss is going to light a fire under Pop to take down these gots before he calls it quit.

The window: 2018-2020 (before Bucks/Wolves become an NBA Finals rivalry)

The formula: Peak Kawhi/LDN/Bertans/Murray + YOU + Motivated Pop + a declined/"disease of more" Warriors..

Take your pick..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the impending FAs would make a difference IMO..no big names that could cause problems for GS..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the impending FAs would make a difference IMO..no big names that could cause problems for GS..
    it's possible based on whether or not GS or Cleveland added anything else and if the younger players with potential on the spurs (bertans, simmons and murray) upped their game and became consistently reliable on both ends of the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's possible based on whether or not GS or Cleveland added anything else and if the younger players with potential on the spurs (bertans, simmons and murray) upped their game and became consistently reliable on both ends of the court.
    Best formula for the Spurs is to give their young players a shot and hope they can become something special(particularly Murray), like you said, rather than blowing their $ on an old-ass player like Chris Paul(a guy who consistently gets destroyed by the Warriors)..combined with a potential Warriors implosion, hopefully(Klay Thompson, I suspect)..

It's going to be disappointing when Gasol opts in, but hopefully they can trade Aldridge(seems inevitable, since Pop has been taking subtle shots at him) for a package of young players(not going to get any high lottery picks) with potential..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to load up on shooting, too..

The Cavs are going to be underdogs with their poor defense and old role players, but they actually have a shot vs. GS, based on their style of play(shooting a million 3s per game to compliment Lebron and Irving's attacking)..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LDN? That guy died in 2014 as well as Diaw and Splitter

Only fools gold teams would have Danny Green in their formula.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hum...Lebron for the Spurs, do it Mitch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves/Bucks rivalry? . Those teams are perennial trash tbh!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this tbh. The NBA has become monopolized by the Warriors, LeBron, and Spurs. No other team has a remotely decent chance of getting to the Finals or winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this tbh. The NBA has become monopolized by the Warriors, LeBron, and Spurs. No other team has a remotely decent chance of getting to the Finals or winning.
    One of these 3 doesn't fit, bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of these 3 doesn't fit, bro
    I know. One can hope

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Pop's next wet dream and I'd bet they have already discussed this informally before. It would be nice in the near future.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Boston could be the next one coming from the east

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook, the guy you've been singlehandedly self-promoting as the best athlete/pg in the game wouldn't make a difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll run from the system like they always have. Lamarcus tanking after he got here only makes it worse. Not saying it's fair because Aldridge is a pussy, but it is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, doesn't hurt to get the #1 draft pick. Sucks for them it's a weak class. No Tim Duncan out there when they finally get the golden ticket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron already left Cleveland once. He isn't doing it again. Hurts his brand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G Hill. I think it's an easy call for us and he may take a discount if we pick him. He's still got years in front of him, he's a scorer and hes already worked out for us. You cant predict how thingsll work out with other players like CP3. He's too ball dominant anyways, Kawhi needs the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big name FAs are overrated, especially with a good coach. If Kawhi hadntve gone down we could be putting some real fear into GSW right now so I just think we need to shore up our weaknesses instead of making a big splash. Get G Hill, Stephen Adams, another year of Dejounte and maybe Bertans will flourish. With Kawhi and Pops there's always hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To CP3/Blake/G. Hill/Russ and co.:

Stop deluding yourself about winning a ring in the next 2/3 years. Nobody is taking one from Golden State if LeBron or Leonard is not on your team-- the two best players in the world they have no answer for..

if you're about this "winning" thingy, take a discount and be part of something monumental. There are no other paths in the foreseeable future, tbh..

Not to mention this impending Conference Finals loss is going to light a fire under Pop to take down these gots before he calls it quit.

The window: 2018-2020 (before Bucks/Wolves become an NBA Finals rivalry)

The formula: Peak Kawhi/LDN/Bertans/Murray + YOU + Motivated Pop + a declined/"disease of more" Warriors..

Take your pick..
    No one you mentioned will give a . They are looking for a fat contract. Rings can be purchased at a jewelry store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G Hill. I think it's an easy call for us and he may take a discount if we pick him. He's still got years in front of him, he's a scorer and hes already worked out for us. You cant predict how thingsll work out with other players like CP3. He's too ball dominant anyways, Kawhi needs the ball.
    Pop traded his ass. I doubt he comes back, but Sean did.

Imagine coming back to play with the guy you were traded for, who won a Finals MVP and 2 DPOY awards, and 2 all NBA 1st team and All Star starter...Yeah you'd feel important. It would be mentioned every time you went to the line "Spurs traded Hill for Kawhi, what a great trade that turned out to be, but Hill is a serviceable player, a journeyman of sorts, and Pop has found a role for him here on the Spurs bench".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G Hill seems to like the area (seen him a few times around the Stx area/holds his summer camps down here) and Pop's fondness for him, I could see a scenario where he would join the Spurs.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, I don't know how long you've watched the NBA, but you know this isn't true. Things can change fast in the NBA. I'm looking at the Sixers to get good soon. I think the Lakers will still be a dumpster fire so long as Magic is running that show. But this post aside from being funny or trolling is simply ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston could potentially nab Hayward or Griffin as a free agent and then trade for PG involving Bradley and Smart. They could even keep their 1st round pick.

They could have a starting line-up.

Horford
    PF?
    PG
    Hayward
    IT

Or
    Horford
    Griffin
    Brown
    PG
    IT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston could potentially nab Hayward or Griffin as a free agent and then trade for PG involving Bradley and Smart. They could even keep their 1st round pick.

They could have a starting line-up.

Horford
    PF?
    PG
    Hayward
    IT

Or
    Horford
    Griffin
    Brown
    PG
    IT
    Insane how well positioned they are. Don't have the transcendent player yet that the Bucks have (and I guess the Wolves/Hornets), or a player with Embiid's potential if he can ever stay healthy plus the pieces around him, but their depth is ridiculous and Stevens can push out so many different lineup combinations. They need to go for broke this offseason because their pristine cap situation starts getting clouded next summer with Bradley being a FA and Isaiah eligible for a huge pay raise.

It just makes it tougher to manage the draft not knowing what they'll be able to haul in FA. Given Hayward and Blake may be the most likely and the prospects at the top of the draft, they almost certainly go PG that can play with IT (size).

Thread Information