My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

. Who is Rahm

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Always gonna be 2nd story in USA

Few of my Polak bros in USA enjoyed the festivities. Well done my favorite midget.
    Disney just MAD they didn't get into the business, tbh

My Team
    USA
    Post Count

Always gonna be 2nd story in USA

Few of my Polak bros in USA enjoyed the festivities. Well done my favorite midget.
    It may not be forever though. The midget's got game. Let's see if he can do what David Beckham really didn't and make MLS big time or at least close to it.

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count
    All these posts age like , tbh
    1 goal does not change the fact that he stood around for 45 minutes...........

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count
    playblair was wrong........ messi is the most exciting mls player ever......... ElNono

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

He's still pretty good, especially for the MLS... he's obviously older, but he looks pretty happy, tbh

Post Count

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    It’s MLS but he is still god, this is ridiculous

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Liga MX teams

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    According to @iffhs_media, Messi’s latest goal made him the 5th player ever with 100+ goals in 3 different decades!

:spiral_calendar: 2000s: 169
    :spiral_calendar: 2010s: 546
    :spiral_calendar: 2020s: 100

He joins a prestigious list:

:argentina: Di Stefano (40s-60s)
    :hungary: Puskas (40s-60s)
    :brazil: Pele (50s-70s)
    :brazil: Romario (80s-00s)
    :argentina: Messi (00s-20s)

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count

At this rate, he's going to blast past his Ligue 1 total of 16 goals last season in less than 12 games. My God, MLS is so far behind world soccer, it's sad.

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count
    At this rate, he's going to blast past his Ligue 1 total of 16 goals last season in less than 12 games. My God, MLS is so far behind world soccer, it's sad.
    mls is the most entertaining soccer league in the world........no american wants to watch euro snob soccer of continuously passing the soccer ball backwards........mls is attacking soccer.........

this is world soccer........

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Maybe so, but what a show!

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Beckham, Rooney, Ibrahimovic. Nobody dominated MLS the way Messi is doing. This is more a testament of the player rather than the league.

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Beckham, Rooney, Ibrahimovic. Nobody dominated MLS the way Messi is doing. This is more a testament of the player rather than the league.
    Ligue 1 is a farmer's league mostly comprised of teams and he managed only 16 goals in league play and 21 total in 41 games played. He was far worse in 2021-22, scoring just 11 in 34 games played. Messi is a far better player than Beckham, Rooney or Ibrahimovic ( even at age 37-38, he scored 53 goals in 58 appearances for the Galaxy). Nobody's diminishing Messi's career accomplishments, but it's like LeBron James joining the South Bay Lakers and dominating the G-League while padding his accomplishments and trophy count. It's like going from varsity to JV and dominating in a league made up of inferior talent. And make no mistake about it, his motivation to join the MLS was purely a financial one. He's well passed his prime and he's on par with what the top earners in the NBA and NFL are making and that doesn't even take into account the profit sharing agreement between Apple and Messi. I'm not questioning Messi's greatness, but using the MLS as an example of it is misleading.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 08-20-2023 at 03:28 AM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Ligue 1 is a farmer's league mostly comprised of teams and he managed only 16 goals in league play and 21 total in 41 games played. He was far worse in 2021-22, scoring just 11 in 34 games played. Messi is a far better player than Beckham, Rooney or Ibrahimovic ( even at age 37-38, he scored 53 goals in 58 appearances for the Galaxy). Nobody's diminishing Messi's career accomplishments, but it's like LeBron James joining the South Bay Lakers and dominating the G-League while padding his accomplishments and trophy count. It's like going from varsity to JV and dominating in a league made up of inferior talent. And make no mistake about it, his motivation to join the MLS was purely a financial one. He's well passed his prime and he's on par with what the top earners in the NBA and NFL are making and that doesn't even take into account the profit sharing agreement between Apple and Messi. I'm not questioning Messi's greatness, but using the MLS as an example of it is misleading.
    Messi isn't WELL past his prime at all. I would argue he's still the best player in the World (he proved it less than a year ago, tbh). Football performance isn't always measured in goals, tbh. Messi was the best player of the French league last season breaking an all-time record (20 goals + 20 assists). The reason he didn't score as much in PSG is because the style of play was designed to have Mbappe as the finisher, but that doesn't mean Messi didn't do well.

And sure, the level in the MLS isn't the same as in Europe, but folks are acting as if it is an amateur league just because of Messi's dominance, when no other player dominated the league like this. Getting to one of the worse teams in a league and immediately making them champions is an impressive feat, no matter the league.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    That's fair but his second season in Ligue 1 was much better than you are giving it credit for. That season in total for PSG he had 21 goals and 20 assists, that is inarguably great.
    Last edited by Amuseddaysleeper; 08-21-2023 at 05:04 PM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    MLS Parents Complain Leo Messi Too Advanced For Sons’ League

https://www.theonion.com/mls-parents...s-l-1850749255

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Messi isn't WELL past his prime at all. I would argue he's still the best player in the World (he proved it less than a year ago, tbh). Football performance isn't always measured in goals, tbh. Messi was the best player of the French league last season breaking an all-time record (20 goals + 20 assists). The reason he didn't score as much in PSG is because the style of play was designed to have Mbappe as the finisher, but that doesn't mean Messi didn't do well.

And sure, the level in the MLS isn't the same as in Europe, but folks are acting as if it is an amateur league just because of Messi's dominance, when no other player dominated the league like this. Getting to one of the worse teams in a league and immediately making them champions is an impressive feat, no matter the league.
    Also, you can't say it was just about the money to join MLS. Saudi Pro League offered him more guaranteed (and probably more total under any cir stances) money according to many reports.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Also, you can't say it was just about the money to join MLS. Saudi Pro League offered him more guaranteed (and probably more total under any cir stances) money according to many reports.
    Nah, he went to the MLS strictly for the compe ion. He's definitely leaving a lot of money on the table but not as much as you might think after you factor in his revenue sharing deals with Adidas and Apple as well as an ownership stake with Inter Miami. Of course, he could have gone back to play for Barcelona on the real cheap but he chose not to.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Nah, he went to the MLS strictly for the compe ion. He's definitely leaving a lot of money on the table but not as much as you might think after you factor in his revenue sharing deals with Adidas and Apple as well as an ownership stake with Inter Miami. Of course, he could have gone back to play for Barcelona on the real cheap but he chose not to.
    He could have made 10x what he makes in the US in Saudi Arabia. He went to Miami because he got tired of being in toxic environments (PSG, late Barcelona) and at 36 and having already achieved everything, it was time to enjoy football AND life. He's doing just that.
    BTW: @ at the logos on the avatars, with US Soccer having 3 stars and Argentina 2.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    He could have made 10x what he makes in the US in Saudi Arabia. He went to Miami because he got tired of being in toxic environments (PSG, late Barcelona) and at 36 and having already achieved everything, it was time to enjoy football AND life. He's doing just that.
    BTW: @ at the logos on the avatars, with US Soccer having 3 stars and Argentina 2.
    Barcelona isn't a toxic environment. Barcelona couldn't afford him because of ffp. He could have enjoyed life in Barcelona making next to nothing too.

Thread Information