Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are tanking. They thought they'd have Kwahi but once it became apparent they wouldnt they decided it was a lost season and are trying to get somewhere in the neighborhood of the 10th pick. They're seeing what they have with their young guns and are going to draft a guy like Mikal Bridges. Giving Murray tons of burn so he's good to go next year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs are tanking. They thought they'd have Kwahi but once it became apparent they wouldnt they decided it was a lost season and are trying to get somewhere in the neighborhood of the 10th pick. They're seeing what they have with their young guns and are going to draft a guy like Mikal Bridges. Giving Murray tons of burn so he's good to go next year.
    Since they're ten games ahead of that spot in the loss column, they're doing a terrible job of tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they are not
    They would have to lose basically every game for it to be a worth while tank. And I guarantee you guys like Manu, Tony, Gay, and LMA are not trying to lose games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really glad to have Rudy back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi is gone i hope we get a lottery pick. Then if he truley is unhappy we can trade he & LaMarcus for more young peices & draft picks. Whats the point of getting swept by GS or Houston in the first round and extending the season a week & a half.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they are not
    They would have to lose basically every game for it to be a worth while tank. And I guarantee you guys like Manu, Tony, Gay, and LMA are not trying to lose games.
    You are right, but the fact that Kiwhi is probably done for the season doesn't give much of enthusiasm to a team already struggling in a hard way against good teams...and the schedule coming is the worst possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they are not
    The ignorance about tanking on this board is pretty mind-boggling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really glad to have Rudy back.

Same here. He has a chance to make money in the off season so I am expecting him to play hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited to see what DeJounte, Gay, and the crew can come up with since Kawhi is still out. First round exit is highly likely but this whole season has been ed from the start smhhh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strategically, perhaps they should. I am of the opinion that they should look on the rest of this season as experimental/value building for this summer's trades. That means playing the young guys you want to keep for experience and game time, and the old guys you want to trade so they can show value, while older vets (and young guys you don't think are worth keeping) get to rest some. If this and the schedule means you miss the playoffs, well, you get a lottery ticket out of it (and we all may as well start praying; a pick in the top 8 would be a huge gift).

More minutes in other words, more minutes for Kyle, Dejounte, White, ?Bertans?, Mills, ?Pau?. Also for the 2-way guys (Hilliard, Costello), because we need to know if we want to keep them. Damned if I know what the PATFO thinks about Lauvergne now. Less for Forbes, Parker, Paul (not that this means much), LMA, Green, Manu. We will see if they do that.

Maybe go fishing in the D-league like we have done several times at the end of seasons. (would have to cut Paul...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right, but the fact that Kiwhi is probably done for the season doesn't give much of enthusiasm to a team already struggling in a hard way against good teams...and the schedule coming is the worst possible.
    I think you underestimate their "enthusiasm." While Kawhi is the undoubted #1 option, LMA has stepped up in most games. I suspect his promotion (even if by default) to #1 option has increased his enthusiasm. Tony and Manu are multi-NBA champions. They will play with the same pride and enthusiasm they always have. Coming back from injury and playing for a better organization than his old team, Rudy will play with pride and enthusiasm. Heck he is playing for his next contract - or possibly to become the Spurs' #2 option. Danny, likewise, is playing for a contract; and I think he has played with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Most everybody else is a young gun trying to prove himself and perhaps gain a roster spot (with some team) next season. Patty... no pressure, still seems to play with a lot of energy even if his D is TURRIBLE and his shot is gone. I don't think any of those guys depends on Kawhi's presence in order to play with "enthusiasm." Could it be that you are projecting? No doubt, Kawhi's absence dampens the enthusiasm of many, if not most, fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strategically, perhaps they should. I am of the opinion that they should look on the rest of this season as experimental/value building for this summer's trades. That means playing the young guys you want to keep for experience and game time, and the old guys you want to trade so they can show value, while older vets (and young guys you don't think are worth keeping) get to rest some. If this and the schedule means you miss the playoffs, well, you get a lottery ticket out of it (and we all may as well start praying; a pick in the top 8 would be a huge gift).

More minutes in other words, more minutes for Kyle, Dejounte, White, ?Bertans?, Mills, ?Pau?. Also for the 2-way guys (Hilliard, Costello), because we need to know if we want to keep them. Damned if I know what the PATFO thinks about Lauvergne now. Less for Forbes, Parker, Paul (not that this means much), LMA, Green, Manu. We will see if they do that.

Maybe go fishing in the D-league like we have done several times at the end of seasons. (would have to cut Paul...)
    I agree with the main thrust of your post. But just look at the records of every team in the league; there is no way that the Spurs pick will be as high as 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the main thrust of your post. But just look at the records of every team in the league; there is no way that the Spurs pick will be as high as 8.
    Unless we get lucky in the lottery - see what got us TD...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd in the West with 20ish games to go is tanking? Lol no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.. Spurs would never tank now. Championship culture and players don't give a about the draft, especially with as many vets as we have. They're playing to win every game, and we're going to finish with 44-47 wins and a pick in the early 20's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't tanking. But they aren't delusional either (which is why they're starting randoms like Kyle and Bertans and are now starting Murray). They want to see what they have before they give them 50 million dollar loyalty deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.. Spurs would never tank now. Championship culture and players don't give a about the draft, especially with as many vets as we have. They're playing to win every game, and we're going to finish with 44-47 wins and a pick in the early 20's.
    Exactly. Thanks for your reality-based perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL op, they're tanking with 35 wins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited to see what DeJounte, Gay, and the crew can come up with since Kawhi is still out. First round exit is highly likely but this whole season has been ed from the start smhhh
    I doubt it. All depends on matchups but I truly believe the Spurs could beat teams like Denver, Utah, NO, Portland in 6, 7 games series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Spurs can't even beat Utah without Gobert and Mitc .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberals are fools

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too late, we should have started tanking in November when it was obvious Kawhi was done...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too late to tank. Might as well give the old guys one more shot at the playoffs before things potentially go to in the off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs already have 35 wins. Even if they tried to tank they would win at least 6 or 7 games by accident. Which would have them finishing the season with over 40 wins and that probably still gets them into the playoffs. It's too late to tank.

Thread Information