My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Brazil interview Nando de Colo

Published 29/03/2011 by Luke Pastore
    Nando De Colo Frenchman, now 23 years old, was chosen by San Antonio Spurs in the 53rd position of the Draft 2009. However, the player, which can act in positions 1 and 2, did not travel directly to the United States - maintained the link with the Texas team, but traveled to Spain to play for Valencia.
    In his first season, was champion of the Eurocup - a sort of second division Euroleague - and was chosen to be part of the quintet ideal of compe ion. Production fell a little earlier this season and lost his place-holder in Valencia, but soon recovered and, with an average of 10.9 points (48.3% FG, 27.3 3PT%), was indicated to the award for best sixth man in the ACB League, the Spanish basketball league.
    With the arrival of Tiago Splitter, De Colo has become the main player in the Spurs in Europe. Gently, the combo guard has agreed to grant an interview to Spurs Brazil by email. Here's what the French told us:
    Spurs Brazil: Last year you were a champion of European Cup, and now is among the nominees for the award for best sixth man in the CBA. We can already do that you are a successful player in Europe. You want to continue on the mainland or plan to play in the NBA?
    Nando de Colo: Yes, right! But I am a person who lives day by day, and when I'm in the Power Electronics Valencia, and I have a contract with the team for another year. Of course, the NBA will always be a goal, we will see what will happen in the future.
    SB: What do you think of the French group (Germany, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Serbia) in Eurobasket 2011, qualifying for the Olympics in London? You will play the compe ion for selection?
    NDC: I'll think more about football after the season. We release on July 12, but everyone knows how much will be difficult and important this summer, with many jogaços in a few weeks!
    SB: How is your contract with Valencia? You're free to go to the NBA anytime you want?
    NDC: I have one more year contract with Valencia, and I can opt for the buyout at the end of this season.
    SB: One of the board and / or the technical committee Spurs keep in touch with you and your agent? Do you have something arranged for next season, playing as the Summer League or join the pre-season team?
    NDC: Yes, I keep in touch with the staff of the Spurs and sometimes they come to see me play. It is very important to me because they support me ... And when they have some things to say about my game (which I do good or to be improved), they give me some info!
    SB: Have you talked to Tony Parker about playing the Spurs? You maintain contact with him on behalf of the French team? You know he'll play the Eurobasket?
    NDC: No, I never talked much with Tony over the Spurs at the moment because I'm in Europe. We keep in touch when we can, and when I talk to the staff of the Spurs, they send me greetings from Tony and I wonder about him and the team ... If all went as normal, Tony should be with the national team this summer, I hope everyone players attend the convocation this year.
    Parker and De Colo together for Les Bleus

SB: If you plan to play at Spurs, what position do you think would fit better in scheme Gregg Popovich? A guard like Tony Parker or a wing-like guard Manu Ginobili?
    NDC: At the moment I do not think much about it, but two years ago I played a lot as an owner, and spent some time as a wing-guard. I want to keep these two possibilities in my game.
    SB: Do you see similarities between you and Manu Ginobili? Both were drafted by the Spurs were a little more time in Europe and succeeded in the role of sixth man.
    NDC: Yes, the moment in our history is a bit like basketball, but Ginobili knows he can play in Europe and the NBA, he is a great player. I need to keep working and improving my game and see what happens if one day I go to the NBA.
    SB: Did you know Tiago Splitter when he was at Caja Laboral? Do you think he can succeed in the NBA?
    NDC: Splitter I saw when I played against him, but nothing more than that ... Just " o, how are you?" And nothing more. He was a good player in Europe. Of course it is always different from playing in the NBA, but he has good moves and can learn a lot in the Spurs. He may find his place in this team.
    Collaborated Pongas Bruno, Glauber Rocha and Moraes Victor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili Part Deux!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decolo is as close to Manu as Kwame Brown is to Duncan.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili Part Deux!
    He's more like George Hill. Only worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I remember him playing in the summer and his defense was absolutely terrible from what I can remember....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is too slow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SB: If you plan to play at Spurs, what position do you think would fit better in scheme Gregg Popovich? A guard like Tony Parker or a wing-like guard Manu Ginobili?
    NDC: At the moment I do not think much about it, but two years ago I played a lot as an owner, and spent some time as a wing-guard. I want to keep these two possibilities in my game.
    So he will either be a wing-guard or the owner. It will be hard to plan around that. Is there a possibility he could do both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clown looks like benzema lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also not convinced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clown looks like benzema lmao