Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Position: PG
    Ht: 6'5
    Wt: 187
    Birthday: 06/23/1987 (21)

I am still not 100% sold on george hill as a pg. This guy might be worth the risk with our #53 pick if he is available.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nando-De-Colo-5087

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ti0fxUcfLU
    Last edited by yavozerb; 04-30-2009 at 02:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold prediction: Spurs will draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno have you seen him play? From what i've seen, he seems to run the pg position very well and can set up other players with his driving ability. What I have not seen is how he plays on the defensive end of the floor. I believe he has had a down year which may allow him to drop to the bottem of the 2nd.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best Case: Beno Udrih
    This has got to be some kind of omen. We should stay away at all costs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno have you seen him play? From what i've seen, he seems to run the pg position very well and can set up other players with his driving ability. What I have not seen is how he plays on the defensive end of the floor. I believe he has had a down year which may allow him to drop to the bottem of the 2nd.
    De Colo is more a SG than a PG. He doesn't take care enough of the ball to be a PG especially in NBA with strong defensive pressure. He also isn't a good defender. Saying that, he is a talented player.

One week ago, I would have agreed with your prevision of him slipping in the late 2nd round pick. Last Sunday, he played the Eurochallenge final against Virtus Bologna. Cholet lost by two points but De Colo was huge in this game. I'm sure some scouts have noticed it. I'm not sure he will be available at #51.

You can watch this game online : http://www.fibaeurope.com/video.asp?...-061CE077DBE2}

If you don't want to watch the full game, go directly in the middle of the fourth quarter. Cholet makse a desperate comeback with De Colo playing great.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has got to be some kind of omen. We should stay away at all costs.

Eh, if Beno Udrih had a work ethic and a pair, he would be a stud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to another frenchman

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    count me in for De Colo at 37 if some other guys are off the board. I haven't even seen him play that much, but i want a Spurs "De Colo" jersey.

What's his buy-out situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's his buy-out situation?
    He still has one year of contract with Cholet but a buyout shouldn't be a problem. French teams aren't like Spanish teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, has de Colo had a down year? I remember people were high on his stock last year for future drafts. It wouldn't surprise me to see him selected at 37, especially if he's flying more under the radar now.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to another frenchman
    Yeah cause french players never work out.

Parker
    Diaw

yeah those guys stink...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, has de Colo had a down year? I remember people were high on his stock last year for future drafts. It wouldn't surprise me to see him selected at 37, especially if he's flying more under the radar now.
    Yes, he has had a difficult year against teams more focused on defending him. His draft stock has surely suffer of this "so-so" year.

His season ends in two weeks and he will go in the USA to do some workouts. What he will do there will surely change again his draft stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he gets buried amongst the "sexier" foreign players like Dasic and Jerebko (whose stock seem to be going the opposite direction), he could be selected with a mid to late second round pick. That would be good value. Don't you think defending SG's in the NBA would be an enormous leap for him though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you think defending SG's in the NBA would be an enormous leap for him though?
    I'm not sure he will be worse at defending SG than PG. The quickest PGs will destroy him as much as the strongest SGs.

I have some concerns about his ability to play in the NBA due to his physical limitations (size and athleticism). I won't be disappointed if Spurs decide not to draft him (especially at #37). Saying that, this draft is said to be weak and De Colo is talented so he isn't a bad choice for a second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine him as a point guard in the NBA. He'd have to play shooting guard. I've watched him play a few times and he looks like a decent prospect. He'd have to become a very good three-point shooter to stick in the NBA. I've seen him next to Parker and the two mesh decently well.

However, anyone else who has seen those two play together notice that it seems like Parker doesn't like him? I've seen Parker roll his eyes at him more than a few times and gets mad at him for poor defensive play. I gotta wonder whether Parker would give his recommendation . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Parker said last summer that he would like to have De Colo with him in SA.
    Maybe it was just to be nice but that is what he said.

This year, when a journalist asked him with what NBA team he would like to play, De Colo picked Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Too bad he doesn't have Mahinmi and Batum's agent. The Spurs, if they like him, could have told him to hide in France while guaranteeing him 37.

The Spurs seem to like French prospects so he's definitely a possibility ... especially if he's still on the board for those late picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season over for De Colo.
    He struggled earlier in the season but finished very strong.
    With 15 ppg(45%)/4rpg/3apg in 28 minutes I think he had a nice season but did not reach the next level.

He has a lot of talent but I don't think he can be a "real" NBA player. He is just too limited on defense. Like Belinelli, he would be a summer league wonder without any impact in the regular season... let alone the playoffs.
    IMO he should stay in Europe, sign with a Euroleague team in Spain, Greece or Russia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, i don't see him having too much success in NBA. and i wouldn't say he really fills a need for the spurs. i would say no for the spurs right now.

i guess he would worth a low 2nd round pick, but still we should look for others king of players more useful for our team.

and i really found belinelli way more talented, even if he didn't make well till now in the nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him at SG, i'm in lets get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to his mother, 5 NBA teams (Lakers, Pistons, Bucks, Pacers and Wizards) are interested in him. Some teams in Spain (Valencia is one of them) are also interested.

Even if Spurs can go CIA and hide their intentions, it looks like they aren't interested in him for the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, maybe the spurs have confidence in sum of the young Wings (i.e. Sanikidze, Hairston, Gist, etc) they've already drafted and plan on signing 1-2 PF/C free agents or make a trade for them. Then they'd be in a good situation to draft this guy or Sergio Lull @ 37 if Casspi is gone, think Manu replacement?
    Last edited by Pucho!!!; 05-26-2009 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An article about his situation (in French) :
    http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/bas...60179_actu.Htm

Bucks and Spurs likes him.
    He has a NBA buyout around €300K. If he didn't get a guaranteed contract from the NBA team that drafts him, he will sign in Spain with Valencia. He also won't try to get a guaranteed contract by playing SL because he wants to play for French NT this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De Colo, G, France
    De Colo was the big surprise at the camp. NBA scouts have been following him for a couple of years, and a number of NBA execs reported that he looked good in the group workouts in Minnesota last week. But he was borderline spectacular at the Eurocamp.

He torched Mills' team on Day 1, leading his team to a 20-point blowout. And his production (13 points, 4 assists, 4 steals) didn't tell the whole story -- his floor vision, pacing and defense dictated the course of the whole game.

De Colo kept it up in a second game Saturday and two more Sunday. He looked like the best pure point guard in the camp.

Scouts love his size and swagger, and he really shot the lights out during camp, making 65 percent from the field. While those who watched him in France all year worry he lacks the lateral quickness to defend the quicker guards in the NBA, he seemed to hold his own against Mills and, to a lesser extent, Beverley. De Colo was the other guy who looked like he could be a legit late-first-round prospect, with a few caveats. First, the word in the camp was that De Colo might have jumped the gun and signed a pro contract in Europe, which could keep him out of the league for a few years. Second, several GMs wanted to go back and take a closer look at his game film from this year. De Colo was up and down all year, and they want to get a better look at how his season went.

But overall, no one helped his stock more than De Colo. He went from a borderline second-round prospect to getting some legit buzz in the late-first to early-second rounds.

Chad Ford - Insider

De Colo didn't really sign a long-term deal in Europe before the draft, did he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo didn't really sign a long-term deal in Europe before the draft, did he?
    http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/bas...60179_actu.Htm

His agent, 3 days ago: "There is a principle agreement with Valencia(a Spanish team). This agreement depends on the draft result. If De Colo hasn't a guaranteed contract after the draft, he will then go to Valencia."

Thread Information