The Cowboys and Jason Witten have agreed to a new 6 year deal. Top 3 tight end isnt going anywhere for a long time, yeah

Post Count
    Yay! He's from Northeast TN like me!

6 year, 29 million, and Roy Williams will be next. Then Bradie James

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think they'll wait until the end of the season for Bradie James. He's a nice player, but has only 1 good year under his belt. Not worthy of a big extension at this point, especially with our depth at LB. With that said, I hope he has a break out year.

We need Bradie James and I would be really pissed if we didnt re-sign him. He led our team in tackles last year in his 1st year starting, and I know that we are deep at lb, but most of our good depth is on the outside. INside all we have is a newly transitioned outside lb (Ayodele), Rocky Boiman, who I think is a better rotation guy than starter, and Scott Shanle and Ryan Fowler, 2 unprovens at best. We need to lock up Bradie immediately, I think he is just as important as Roy, maybe more-so. And I agree that James will blow up even further next year, especially with Akin lined up next to him

Late 2nd round pick cecil collins's Avatar
    Post Count
    I can't wait to see who their next geriatric QB of all these players is.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    Top 3 tight end in what league...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's no Jeb Putzier, that's for sure.

Post Count
    Jeb Putzier of the Houston Texans? That Jeb Putzier?

Top 3 tight end in what league...
    Thats not much of a question. Look up the stats

He's no Jeb Putzier, that's for sure.
    Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a while

Witten:04', 87 receptions, 980 yards, 6 tds
    05' 67 rec. 757 yards, 6 tds
    Only Gates and Gonzales are better

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    Shockey. McMichael. Both Better.

The only other two that you could have listed were Heap and Crumpler, maybe Cooley, but niether of those two are better

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    ESPN says it's a 6 year deal ... Yahoo say it's for 7

Witten agrees to seven-year, $29 million deal with Cowboys

July 22, 2006

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Dallas tight end and two-time Pro Bowler Jason Witten agreed to a seven year, $29 million contract with the Cowboys on Saturday.

The deal includes a $6 million signing bonus, a guaranteed $6 million option bonus next March on top of a $500,000 base salary this season, team officials said.

Witten, 24, caught 87 passes for 980 yards in 2004. Last year, he had 66 catches for 757 yards.

Witten was entering the final season of the original four-year contract he signed in 2003.

Players are due in Oxnard, Calif., on Thursday for the start of training camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

I like Witten. He's solid. He's consistent. But he's not the playmaker of Crumpler or Shockey. I think Heap is his closest comparisn. You know what you're going to get from both of them.

IMO, Cooley, Heap, Crumpler, Shockey and Mcmichael all should all have better seasons than Witten this year.

Witten's numbers may actually go down quite a bit this year as TO will be demanding the ball.

Post Count
    I think Witten will have a monster year with TO drawing two that opens up the middle foe witten. Plus JJ should have a big year too they can't put 8 in the box when TO is in.

Thread Information