Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Towns, Butler, Wiggins all average more than 22ppg and they just got Jeff Teague

Their GM was literally on our staff 2 seasons ago as Buford's assistant. Spurs ed up BIG time.
    And they're still not done. Thibbs is looking to make some more moves.

Meanwhile, we're calling Manu begging him to come back and waiting on TP to come back and steal Murray's minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't making the WCF. Might not even get out of the first round with all the changes out West.
    100%

They're getting shat on by Golden State, Minnesota, Houston and OKC.

They're not looking to hot against Utah with Hayward or Portland.

Just a mess

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am ing mad. I ing hate the Spurs FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100%

They're getting shat on by Golden State, Minnesota, Houston and OKC.

They're not looking to hot against Utah with Hayward or Portland.

Just a mess
    , forgot about the Guests with Nurkic. This is ridiculous.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see there's smart individuals that won't take PATFO's anymore. Disgusting to see the casuals on twitter that still swallow RC's loads as if he does no wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see there's smart individuals that won't take PATFO's anymore. Disgusting to see the casuals on twitter that still swallow RC's loads as if he does no wrong
    When a hipster in a ing hot dog suit is fellating you, you might not be on the right track.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eddie House getting 1.5x the MLE for 4 years ...

The Spurs status as contenders ended 7-1-17

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely love Patty Mills, outside of being an Aussie, I still really like him... but in a role that suits him as a pure backup spark plug.

But it was time to move on and I absolutely ing hate this deal. I don't really see how it can be taken any other way. Ugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . When the Aussie hates this deal, you know it's bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely love Patty Mills, outside of being an Aussie, I still really like him... but in a role that suits him as a pure backup spark plug.

But it was time to move on and I absolutely ing hate this deal. I don't really see how it can be taken any other way. Ugh.
    Good to see I'm not the only local that doesn't like it. I have no idea wtf the front office was thinking.

Again, I love Mills, but I have the opposite stance on this deal. I'm so sorry, Kawhi. Every other top team is reloading and the Spurs have done nothing for you.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So spurs standing pat and blowing cap space in the process? Hopefully Simmons gets lured elsewhere.

Mills fills a need and provides stability with Parker and Ginolbili questionable. Not sure I like the deal though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine a Bell Kawhi Simmons DG Murray lineup..moving forward.

Or , a Bell KA Kawhi Green Simmons.
    Man you're complaining but you think Bell will change the all spurs team i dont understand....

As a lot of peple i'm not fan of this signing, the deal is fair but imo we should have move on from patty who showed some limits during the PO.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm stunned. And depressed. He's worth 8 mil/yr. max imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's fave gym buddy, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's a Malik Rose kind of thank you deal... now he has a large enough contract where you can trade for something of relatively good value. Just wait until he has his 2-3 weeks of hot shooting and sell high, imo...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill's market is drying up. Minnesota is over. Sacramento and Dallas have point guards. Houston has Paul. Brooklyn has a point, Philly has one. New Orleans and Toronto are trying to get their guys and even if they fail, can't afford Hill.

Basically only New York can pay him ...

If they don't want to, he might go cheap. And make the Mills deal look even worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, the margin for error is so small for being a true le contender in this Warriors environment ...

The Spurs had to either hit or roll space over and try to hit again next summer ...

But they're over.

They couldn't afford to this up that badly.

But they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've been glad had they added a placeholder vet at PG while upgrading at another spot. Instead they puke out another loyalty contract.

Well done, PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually like the deal, it makes both basketball and payroll sense. We felt what the market was like on guys like Hill and Lowry, nothing doing so we sign Patty to a under market value tradable contract, parkers contract comes of the books at the end of next season. Patty assumes the lead vet guard role while the two grommets continue to develop while Parker is healing. When Parker comes back if he isn't up to it or is slow to come on you still have a 9 year vet who is able to hold the fort. Next season we can move TP or he retires and we can move Patty back to back up behind which ever of the young guys has improved the most. That bench will be minus Manu so we keep the Spurs leadership in th second unit with Mills. By year three if mills is declining his deal becomes a tradable one for a team looking to absorb cash.

there was not one better option at point guard on the market for 12 million. Not one.

name one?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Egregious contract. Egregious front office. Egregious everything.

Flagrantly bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^So now we have four PGs plus Manu and Forbes. Brilliant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like the deal, it makes both basketball and payroll sense. We felt what the market was like on guys like Hill and Lowry, nothing doing so we sign Patty to a under market value tradable contract, parkers contract comes of the books at the end of next season. Patty assumes the lead vet guard role while the two grommets continue to develop while Parker is healing. When Parker comes back if he isn't up to it or is slow to come on you still have a 9 year vet who is able to hold the fort. Next season we can move TP or he retires and we can move Patty back to back up behind which ever of the young guys has improved the most. That bench will be minus Manu so we keep the Spurs leadership in th second unit with Mills. By year three if mills is declining his deal becomes a tradable one for a team looking to absorb cash.

there was not one better option at point guard on the market for 12 million. Not one.

name one?
    Don't sign him at all. That was the best option, or wait a see if you can get any of your other targets, if not, give him a big 1 year contract. I really don't know if he'd even be tradeable later on down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who doesn't see that Mills actually took a discount on this deal is munted. He was projecting at 15-17 per according to Bobby Marks and co.

Thread Information