Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There are some folks Mitch should be looking at...please dont make the same mistake twice....don't go for home runs...go for good quality rbi's from single's, doubles, and maybe even a triple....

The team we should try to field to get Kobe his 6th is:

2015 Starters:

Paul Millsap - PF
    Kobe Bryant - SG
    Jeff Green - SF
    Rajon Rondo - PG
    Tyson Chandler - C

2015 Bench -

Kevin Garnet
    Ed Davis
    Lou Williams
    Swaggy P
    Andre Miller

Players We Have No Chance To Get Therefore Should Leave Alone:

Lamarcus Aldridge
    Marc Gasol

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mitch's slugging% the past few seasons has not been pretty tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If any of you Laker fans have an account on LG please pass this along...I think I will email Jeannie Buss as well...we've got to stop Mitch and Jim from ing us up again next year because they have no vision....

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If any of you Laker fans have an account on LG please pass this along...I think I will email Jeannie Buss as well...we've got to stop Mitch and Jim from ing us up again next year because they have no vision....
    ....how the are you going to [vision] with this rank & file? One, 1 is under control of management, 1......the remainder are under their own control & lack thereof.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ....how the are you going to [vision] with this rank & file? One, 1 is under control of management, 1......the remainder are under their own control & lack thereof.
    simple...I cherry picked the best of the realistic 2015 UFA's...nothing more nothing less...find something better and we can discuss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohhhhh .....Geeeez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats pretty good tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm the only sane SOB in here. Mother ers!!! Get the up and get the out, before I go too far. Randy, you tunin' SOB. Go practice Randy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm the only sane SOB in here. Mother ers!!! Get the up and get the out, before I go too far. Randy, you tunin' SOB. Go practice Randy.

and your proposal is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Thread sh*tting on your ideas

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even Thread sh*tting on your ideas
    without an alternative solution it's just sabre rattling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you get even one of those starters (tosbryant not counting) i'm ready to have a laker avatar for a month.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if you get even one of those starters (tosbryant not counting) i'm ready to have a laker avatar for a month.
    it would be the perfect line-up since Rondo and Tyson will be looking to defend and pass....Kobe, Green, and Millsap can take turns lighting it up...I think it's a very plausible and doable scenario / line-up...

we're not going to hit a home run....the ball is greased and the bats are not loaded....so why even try...we made that mistake this past season...waiting and waiting and waiting on all the big fish until even the gold fish were gone by the time we were ready and all that was left were minnows.

It's time to take a more balanced approach...the players I listed gives us defense and offensive balance. I know what I'm talking about...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some folks Mitch should be looking at...please dont make the same mistake twice....don't go for home runs...go for good quality rbi's from single's, doubles, and maybe even a triple....

The team we should try to field to get Kobe his 6th is:

2015 Starters:

Paul Millsap - PF
    Kobe Bryant - SG
    Jeff Green - SF
    Rajon Rondo - PG
    Tyson Chandler - C

2015 Bench -

Kevin Garnet
    Ed Davis
    Lou Williams
    Swaggy P
    Andre Miller

Players We Have No Chance To Get Therefore Should Leave Alone:

Lamarcus Aldridge
    Marc Gasol
    Giving up on Randle already?

And what are you doing with your (potential) top 5 pick in this NBA 2K roster building fantasy of yours? None of those players would be worth mortgaging your future for.

You're just going to have to suffer 3 to 5 years of rebuilding through the draft. There's no free agent fixes the Lakers can conceivably do or are even worth doing, unless of course Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis want to sign there. And the likelihood of that happening is lower than Kobe shooting 40% for the year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Giving up on Randle already?

And what are you doing with your (potential) top 5 pick in this NBA 2K roster building fantasy of yours? None of those players would be worth mortgaging your future for.

You're just going to have to suffer 3 to 5 years of rebuilding through the draft. There's no free agent fixes the Lakers can conceivably do or are even worth doing, unless of course Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis want to sign there. And the likelihood of that happening is lower than Kobe shooting 40% for the year.
    Randle was going to be trade bait regardless...and you know it...we never had intentions to do right by that kid.....all I'm looking at his Kobe getting to 6....Durant and Davis are possibilities especially Durant if his team implodes again this year....and he and WB fall out....people never thought Durant would get a divorce from his wife so early but he did....so I'm optimistic...if we can sell these players decent mid level type salaries we build a contender now and we save room for Durant in 2016....That bench won't cost us much at all....Williams may be the only question mark...but man if we could convince the players I listed we'd be le contenders instantly and you know it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe getting 6 . That's even less belivable than Kool pulling women.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe getting 6 . That's even less belivable than Kool pulling women.
    right now we can trade Nash and Lin for Rondo and Green....to get us half way there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randle was going to be trade bait regardless...and you know it...we never had intentions to do right by that kid.....all I'm looking at his Kobe getting to 6....Durant and Davis are possibilities especially Durant if his team implodes again this year....and he and WB fall out....people never thought Durant would get a divorce from his wife so early but he did....so I'm optimistic...if we can sell these players decent mid level type salaries we build a contender now and we save room for Durant in 2016....That bench won't cost us much at all....Williams may be the only question mark...but man if we could convince the players I listed we'd be le contenders instantly and you know it
    Honestly, do you get dumber every single day?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Honestly, do you get dumber every single day?
    ^ there's no basketball anaylsis...come with something or go home...I don't have the patience for emotional rants tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ there's no basketball anaylsis...come with something or go home...I don't have the patience for emotional rants tonight
    Like thinking Lakers would be the Heat that one time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be the perfect line-up since Rondo and Tyson will be looking to defend and pass....Kobe, Green, and Millsap can take turns lighting it up...I think it's a very plausible and doable scenario / line-up...

we're not going to hit a home run....the ball is greased and the bats are not loaded....so why even try...we made that mistake this past season...waiting and waiting and waiting on all the big fish until even the gold fish were gone by the time we were ready and all that was left were minnows.

It's time to take a more balanced approach...the players I listed gives us defense and offensive balance. I know what I'm talking about...
    Paul Millsap - 12M
    Kobe Bryant - SG 25M
    Jeff Green - SF 12M
    Rajon Rondo - PG 15M
    Tyson Chandler - C 12M

plus nick young it's 82M which is waaaaay over the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers will have to trade if they want to make a push to win next year (this year is impossible). Even though LA will probably be sitting around 39M only in salaries next year, after seeing how Kobe is stat padding and treating his teammates and after Byron making an ass of himself with the treatment of Lin/Boozer/Nash, I don't think many people will want to play in LA.

But if they elect to get rid of Jordan Hill they will have significant cap space (~40M in salaries give or take with approximately 66.5M salary cap = 26.5M in cap space) albeit with only 6 players under contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay Kool...here is some in-depth basketball analysis for you. The Lakers suck. The Lakers' front office sucks. The contract that Kirby is getting has crippled your organization.

First, the Rondo and Green trade for Nash and Rin is never going to happen in a million years. Please explain to me what you were smoking (I'm guessing something stronger than weed) to come up with that trade idea.

Second, you have about 7 new free agents hopefully joining the Lakers next year. Has that ever been done in the history of the NBA? How many "quality" free agents did the Lakers get last year?

Third, you're leaving out a huge part of your "dream" scenario. And that fact is that nobody wants to play with Kobe.

And Finally, you're just going to have to come to the realization that the Lakers will have to rebuild. There is no one year fix that can magically fix the dumpster fire. It's going to take time. I say 2-3 years at the least. And you know what Kool (now this might sting)....it may NEVER happen in the Kirby era. You might have already seen Kirby's last playoff game....

Thread Information