Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Pow helped majorly in Kobe's championship aspirations, sure, but 0-16 before being traded to the Lakers? Yeah Kobe needed Pau to save him
    Nothing but lottery balls and first-round exits for Kirby post-Shaq and pre-MVPau.... results don't lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Johnson, like Drob had a back injury that sucked the freak athletic part of them away and they were never the same. Still, Drob managed maintain being a great defensive presence down low.

I think TP has a major case of the yips right now. Hes not the same physically so he's struggling to adjust his game which is giving him a mental road block.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nothing but lottery balls and first-round exits for Kirby post-Shaq and pre-MVPau.... results don't lie.
    Still one of the best to do it despite being having to be saved, according to your claims.

LeBron couldn't do it without two superstars beside him.

The Clippers with Griffin and Paul still couldn't.......... do like always

So let's not act like basketball Kobe's results are a byproduct of him needing some saving.

Every superstar and global icon in this league needed help from their teammates (ding ding ding basketball is a team sport, ha!) and their front offices gave it to them. Result? A

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LeBron, Duncan, and Hakeem dragged trash teams to rings.

But, but, everyone needs help!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron - Wade and Bosh
    Duncan - Parker and Ginobili
    Hakeem - Kenny and Clyde
    Bird - Parish, McHale, DJ
    Magic - Kareem, Worthy
    Isiah - Rodman, Microwave, Laimbeer

Let's stop acting like not everybody needs help one way or another in a TEAM sport like basketball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to find guys who declined rapidly either due to old age (late 30s) or injury

It's pretty uncommon to find guys like Parker where the wheels fall off by their early 30s and not due to injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arenas, eddy curry, larry sanders.. there's plenty tbh
    Actually, I don't think Arenas' decline was this severe, he just got out of the league with the gun and betting bull . Eddy Curry and Sanders are more of a flash in the pan, IMO... they had a peak for a couple of seasons and that's about it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron - Wade and Bosh
    Duncan - Parker and Ginobili
    Hakeem - Kenny and Clyde
    Bird - Parish, McHale, DJ
    Magic - Kareem, Worthy
    Isiah - Rodman, Microwave, Laimbeer

Let's stop acting like not everybody needs help one way or another in a TEAM sport like basketball
    Wade - 5th overall
    Bosh - 4th overall

Kenny - 6th overall
    Clyde - 14th overall

Parish - 8th overall
    McHale - 3rd overall

Kareem - 1st overall
    Worthy - 1st overall

Laimbeer - 65th overall
    Rodman - 27th overall
    Johnson - 7th overall

Shaq - 1st overall
    Pau Gasol - 3rd overall
    Howard - 1st overall
    Bynum - 10th overall
    Artest - 16th overall

Parker - 28th overall
    Ginobili - 57th overall

Comparing 1st overall picks to 28th and 57th as if "help is help".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to find guys who declined rapidly either due to old age (late 30s) or injury

It's pretty uncommon to find guys like Parker where the wheels fall off by their early 30s and not due to injury.

parker is old too tbh, he has just as much mileage as tim duncan and his game relies a lot on athleticism. I think he'll figure it out (would be much more worried if he didn't develop a 3 pointer), but obviously as a defender he's done and has been for a while now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I don't think Arenas' decline was this severe, he just got out of the league with the gun and betting bull . Eddy Curry and Sanders are more of a flash in the pan, IMO... they had a peak for a couple of seasons and that's about it...
    Arenas got traded to orlando if you remember and failed miserably. I think he went out of the league mostly because of his contract and the rise of analytics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Comparing 1st overall picks to 28th and 57th as if "help is help".
    Bottom line: Did they help the superstars on the left win a championship?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Johnson, like Drob had a back injury that sucked the freak athletic part of them away and they were never the same. Still, Drob managed maintain being a great defensive presence down low.

I think TP has a major case of the yips right now. Hes not the same physically so he's struggling to adjust his game which is giving him a mental road block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line: Did they help the superstars on the left win a championship?
    Stop already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arenas got traded to orlando if you remember and failed miserably. I think he went out of the league mostly because of his contract and the rise of analytics.
    tbh, I don't even remember... I recall he was putting up big numbers on the wiz until he got suspended indefinitely and he never looked the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Senile much?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All you have to do is say yes. We all know they did help, no matter what was their order in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I don't even remember... I recall he was putting up big numbers on the wiz until he got suspended indefinitely and he never looked the same
    it was the year before dwert bolted, orlando made a huge trade to make a playoff push and keep him there, so they got arenas, j rich, turkoglu and earl clark for vince carter, pietrus and marcin gortat.. Needless to say, it was one of the worst trades ever and the gm got fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid is poutting ever since the Spurs won game six in OKC without him, Kawhi won his FMVP and France went far into the WC without that fatass.
    damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at acting like Duncan had lots of help in '03.

Parker - 2nd year in the league, posted an 11.9 PER...wow, such great help

Manu - was a rookie that year, posted a 15.0 PER (league average)

David Robinson - on his absolute last leg, hardly played 20 mpg in the playoffs

'03 Duncan was one of the rare cases where one player basically single-handedly carried his team to a championship. Kobe has never done anything remotely similar.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And Kirby needed MVPau to come save him, after already groveling back at Phil's feet
    It's not exactly like you ever root for Vince Carter or Arturo Gatti. You root for the world rank #1 at EVERYTHING, it's really not that hard to add a lol emoticon at the end of everything when you root for the #1.

It's like the guys that were rooting for Michael's Bulls in LA and were saying the Lakers, it really is hard to debate anything with them

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Steve Francis
    Cuttino Mobley
    Gilbert Arenas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Which trash team did LeBron drag to a ring?

Thread Information