Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's scary bad right now - the main reason why the Spurs offense is so ty this year(besides the shooting slump). TP is usually an excellent regular season player. His collapse usually happen in the playoffs. Very worrying that he can't even play well in the meaningless games anymore. Playoffs are going to be brutal for him this year.
    I love how 18 ppg on 50% shooting for a PG is "scary bad".

Literally NO ONE else has been bringing it night to night. No one. Duncan has been there but he's not a prime scoring threat anymore.

ing Spurs fans. You have no ing idea what "scary bad" is from a point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...per_game::none

Yeah. "Tony's fault" that no one else on the team is scoring more than 12 PPG other than Tim.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 11-11-2014 at 01:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly Pop just doesn't know statistics, otherwise he'd sit Parker at the end of the bench, since it's obvious that on/off is the only thing that matters in basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...2/on-off/2015/

Danny Green is a terrible basketball cancer!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not sold on he lost a step, these are the first games and he is taking things easy, last season showed us is not that important how we start but more how we finish and we have already beat Mavs and Clips.
    Having said that I hope he cuts the hero act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it`s not like he didnt develop his game. I remember times, when he didnt even try to shoot wide open three pointer.
    Tony's biggest attribute is his speed. It gives the offense a completely different look. His new 3 point shot looks great, tbh... but we're chock full of 3 point shooters and not enough penetrators, it would be difficult for the Spurs to replace that, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone else mentioned that Parker is getting blocked more this year than he has in the past. I think that is true, and I think it reflects the lack of Splitter being on the court. I don't know who else noticed it, but for the few minutes that Splitter played this season in that one game, the offense was definitely improved, even though he was terribly rusty. I noticed it then, and I think the loss of Splitter's ability and willingness to block out defenders when Tony is penetrating in the paint. Makes a big difference in the offensive flow to have Splitter keeping the other team's big off our slashers. We don't always give Tiago his due for his contribution to our offense, I think.

Even with Tiago's blocking, Tony has taken a pounding in the paint for a bunch of years now, and it may be beginning to show. Although he has been fearless in going to the rim, he has paid for it a lot with knockdowns, too. At some point, that is going to take its toll on his body, and that time may be now.

But I expect him to get considerably better when Tiago can play regular minutes again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how 18 ppg on 50% shooting for a PG is "scary bad".

Literally NO ONE else has been bringing it night to night. No one. Duncan has been there but he's not a prime scoring threat anymore.

ing Spurs fans. You have no ing idea what "scary bad" is from a point guard.
    It's funny - the arguments you're making are the same Kobe fans used to justify his negative impact play in 2013. But he's efficient! Parker's getting his scoring numbers but he's not making the team better. Bringing it every night - LOL. Watch the games. I've had league pass the past five years and watch nearly every Spurs game. This is the worst I've seen TP play in all that time. He's forcing it on offense(turning the ball over in the process), getting his layups blocked, lost on defense every possession, court vision is non-existent. TP looks horrible. The advanced numbers for the current season prove my point:

14.9 PER - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
    26.0% Assist Percentage - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
    17.8% Turnover Percentage - worst in his career to date
    103 ORtg - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
    109 DRtg - worst in his career to date
    .070 WS/49 - worst in his career to date

Compare this to TP's career averages:

19.1 PER
    32.9% Assist Percentage
    13.9% Turnover Percentage
    109 ORtg
    104 DRtg
    .150 WS/48

I won't even post peak TP's numbers(2013 season)...the comparison would be embarrassing. It's still early in the season and Parker has a lot of time to improve. Hopefully he does because the Spurs need him. But let's not pretend TP has been playing great. He hasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would help him a lot if someone could hit 3s to space the floor like the previous years.

Parker has a good 3pts% so far but the rest of team is shooting 25% on 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is in a new position that will require him to adapt his game to the current pieces in this system. Pop is also adapting the system to the current pieces. Tony can dominate a few games still, make no mistake. It is up to Pop and Tony's health to determine when those happen.
    TP has the ability to take over for stretches, now having Kawhi as an offensive threat will open up his game in the long run. I think TP is learning to adjust and transition to a new role, that is no easy task. Luckily, he has a solid role model in TD who has re-invented his role several times now.

If this team gels by season's end, there will be more offensive weapons than last season. TP is a pro, he will contribute to the ultimate goal of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny - the arguments you're making are the same Kobe fans used to justify his negative impact play in 2013. But he's efficient! Parker's getting his scoring numbers but he's not making the team better. Bringing it every night - LOL. Watch the games. I've had league pass the past five years and watch nearly every Spurs game. This is the worst I've seen TP play in all that time. He's forcing it on offense(turning the ball over in the process), getting his layups blocked, lost on defense every possession, court vision is non-existent. TP looks horrible. The advanced numbers for the current season prove my point:

14.9 PER - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
    26.0% Assist Percentage - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
    17.8% Turnover Percentage - worst in his career to date
    103 ORtg - 2nd worst in his career after his rookie season
    109 DRtg - worst in his career to date
    .070 WS/49 - worst in his career to date

Compare this to TP's career averages:

19.1 PER
    32.9% Assist Percentage
    13.9% Turnover Percentage
    109 ORtg
    104 DRtg
    .150 WS/48

I won't even post peak TP's numbers(2013 season)...the comparison would be embarrassing. It's still early in the season and Parker has a lot of time to improve. Hopefully he does because the Spurs need him. But let's not pretend TP has been playing great. He hasn't.
    6 games is not a statistically significant sample size. It's not even close. And of course Parker is struggling, no one else on the team aside from Duncan is showing ANY kind of consistent threat on offense. Defenses are keying on Parker and STILL no one is going off. If we get a couple more nights like last night from Kawhi, Tony's numbers will go up.

Tony hasn't been playing great, but let me ask, aside from arguably Duncan, who's even been playing DECENT? Leonard, for one game?

I'm not even going to address the bogus Kobe comparison. That's ing stupid. Let me know when Tony's usage rate goes above 30, he starts throwing teammates under the bus, and repeatedly shoots 20+ shots despite shooting 33% for the game.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 11-11-2014 at 02:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony struggles against big line ups ...Clippers have big, athletic bigs. He will play well in GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know me, I'm a huge Tony homer... he earned the benefit of doubt, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 games is not a statistically significant sample size. It's not even close. And of course Parker is struggling, no one else on the team aside from Duncan is showing ANY kind of consistent threat on offense. Defenses are keying on Parker and STILL no one is going off. If we get a couple more nights like last night from Kawhi, Tony's numbers will go up.
    6 games is also too small a sample to say Parker has been playing great and "bringing it every night".

As far as Parker's decline, we have a lot more than 6 games. Parker didn't look all that great in the reg season last year and that play carried over to the playoffs. In fact, Parker hasn't looked like an all-star calibre guard since the 2013 season.

Tony hasn't been playing great, but let me ask, aside from arguably Duncan, who's even been playing DECENT? Leonard, for one game?
    Duncan, Leonard, Manu, Joseph, and Bellineli have all been pretty solid. Two of those guys are better than expected(Cory and Marco) and it pains me to say that because I hate both players. On/Off numbers for the relevant players on the team:

+15.2 - Duncan
    +13.9 - Leonard
    +13.5 - Manu
    +11.2 - Belinelli
    +4.5 - Joseph
    0.0 - Baynes
    -1.2 - Boris
    -7.1 - Bonner
    -22.2 - Parker
    -22.9 - Green

No excuse for Tony to be so underwhelming when he's only 32. Compare that to Duncan and Manu who are both near 40. Green and Boris have also been awful - both need to step it up.

I'm not even going to address the bogus Kobe comparison. That's ing stupid. Let me know when Tony's usage rate goes above 30, he starts throwing teammates under the bus, and repeatedly shoots 20+ shots despite shooting 33% for the game.
    I was talking about 2013 Kobe who had efficient box score numbers(but was negatively impacting his team overall). You brought up Tony's efficiency and claimed that he was playing great based on one box score metric. Just as bad as Kobe fans. Watch the games and stop looking at box scores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know me, I'm a huge Tony homer... he earned the benefit of doubt, IMO.

like I'm a huge Manu homer.... only difference I mean it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

like I'm a huge Manu homer.... only difference I mean it
    not sure what you're suggesting, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure what you're suggesting, tbh...
    we both know better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to switch gears... does Tony has anything to prove tonight against the "current" #1 PG in the game?

Will he ask Pop to guard Curry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to switch gears... does Tony has anything to prove tonight against the "current" #1 PG in the game?

Will he ask Pop to guard Curry?
    you are on a roll today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    legit question, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is playing well. Tbh. Anyways for those ing, who do you suppose we replace him with? Start CoJo? Cojo hasn't been the same since jkid cursed him, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is playing well. Tbh. Anyways for those ing, who do you suppose we replace him with? Start CoJo? Cojo hasn't been the same since jkid cursed him, tbh.
    Don't give up on Cojo, plz... your support helped him last season, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he always starts slow, causing these sorts of questions, then he gets it going mid-season. like clockwork.....

Thread Information