Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-na...mpression=true

You made headlines after saying Kawhi Leonard told you he wanted to be back with the Spurs. Can you elaborate?

I just put out what I know, and that’s not much. I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. He stresses the same thing to me as he stresses to (the media). There is no news. He says he wants to be a Spur and retire there. He said that to you. He’s expressed that. When I talked to him, he says he’s been with us, he’s always on board with us and (wanted) to be a part of what we did, and he’s trying to get right. But things may change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. "

Wow. That's from a friend of his of many seasons and someone who actively makes an effort to talk to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue Yanaguana and 2k5 for damage control.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With or without Kawhi, still no way to beat warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds about expected... Kawhi wants to be here... FO needs to not f*ck this up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but things may change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny probably counts him texting Kawhi stuff and it says “read” as a conversation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds about expected... Kawhi wants to be here... FO needs to not f*ck this up
    I appreciate your rose-colored glasses. And hopefully Kawhi is 100% healthy and he wants to re-sign. But you posters jumped all over Danny's comments. What's clear is that he thinks Kawhi may want to return, but he knows there is conditions on both sides and it's just as likely that Kawhi leaves as he stays come the deadline. No one here or in the organization outside of the top people and Kawhi and his people know what is going on and we won't have any idea until the draft and July. Then we'll know. Maybe the front office screwed up or maybe Kawhi is still injured or his people are so unreliable that the Spurs can't risk giving up 35% of their salary cap space to a question mark. It maybe that the front office would screw up by super maxing him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's as useless as his game. All signs lead to this bum opting in. Disgusting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way do I offer him a Super Max deal or even a Max deal for that matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    per ST procedure, every word of green's will be analyzed more than a Shakespearean sonnet gets analyzed by a English phD candidate working on a dissertation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    per ST procedure, every word of green's will be analyzed more than a Shakespearean sonnet gets analyzed by a English phD candidate working on a dissertation.
    ...which is still better than s and their "my sources" threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With or without Kawhi, still no way to beat warriors
    just start our own Process and wait out the next 7 years of NBA nuclear winter

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of confirms my su ions that most of this drama is being purposefully generated by the Spurs.

The Spurs don't want to give him a super max because of injury concerns, so they're making it seem like Kawhi wants out of SA to encourage other teams to trade for Kawhi.

It all makes sense now. Why else would they tell Kawhi to stay away from the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of confirms my su ions that most of this drama is being purposefully generated by the Spurs.

The Spurs don't want to give him a super max because of injury concerns, so they're making it seem like Kawhi wants out of SA to encourage other teams to trade for Kawhi.

It all makes sense now. Why else would they tell Kawhi to stay away from the team?
    No that type of nonsense would kill them from a reputational standpoint. Look at the hot water colangelo is in to compare.

Other teams and ESPN have every reason to stir the pot to try and get kawhi out of San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. "

Wow. That's from a friend of his of many seasons and someone who actively makes an effort to talk to him.
    What's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point?
    That people who claimed Kawhi kept certain teammates in the loop where not correct. That casts some more light onto the Kawhi situation since many people assumed it was just TP/Manu that Kawhi didn’t really communicate with hence the player only meeting.

It was not just TP/Manu though - it was the entire team in the dark.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because him being around was more of a distraction. They called a meeting to see if and when Kawhi would be back and they wanted to hear it from his mouth...

He couldn’t give them an answer or why so instead of just being around and having the media cloud it was best for him to leave..The Spurs then put it on Kawhi and his group to answer the questions..in which we heard crickets

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That people who claimed Kawhi kept certain teammates in the loop where not correct. That casts some more light onto the Kawhi situation since many people assumed it was just TP/Manu that Kawhi didn’t really communicate with hence the player only meeting.

It was not just TP/Manu though - it was the entire team in the dark.
    U guys are overblowing this... U make it seem like Danny is running behind Kawhi... These are grown men with their own lives... Im sure he rarely hits Kawhi up... And the times he does, Kawhi answers... But these are teammates... Not reporters... They aren't gonna ask Kawhi the same thing every single time they talk... Calm down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At anyone who thinks Kawhi has a meaningful relationship with anyone on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green already mving the goalpost

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been obvious since the beginning. Does everyone forget all the quotes over the years about him literally not speaking to anyone? Not just off the court but on the bench too.

Kawhi not talking to anyone is something we've known for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At anyone who thinks Kawhi has a meaningful relationship with anyone on the team.
    tbh .

The guy has an weirdo-aloofness about him that makes you question his mental state. He is like completely oblivious or unaware to the fact that he is part of a "team sport" .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U guys are overblowing this... U make it seem like Danny is running behind Kawhi... These are grown men with their own lives... Im sure he rarely hits Kawhi up... And the times he does, Kawhi answers... But these are teammates... Not reporters... They aren't gonna ask Kawhi the same thing every single time they talk... Calm down
    ST? overblow things? nah...

Thread Information