Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw shot 50% from 3 in the playoffs... possibly fluke, but anything over 35% is more useful than that ginger choker...
    Well Horry didn't have a terribly high career 3p% but he made shots, rebounded and defended well when it mattered most. Hopefully Diaw can do some of that things. Another option is to go small with Leonard at 4, since he's a good rebounder.

Assuming the risk of being unjust, Bonner has no business with the Spurs if the plan is to continue making the playoffs. At least not at 4M per season.

Tbh, the FO must put a playoffs rotation, where there are no pg's that can't handle the rock or defend, where there are starter SG's that disappear or air-ballers stretch bigs. Another problem is when the offense gets anemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm, I hope this is true. Love what Diaw brought to the team, and he can only get better the more he plays within the system, and Mills (who is from my home, Canberra) would be an ideal backup PG IMHO - instant offence, can handle the ball (unlike Neal), can also defend. Get it done!

The one concern that remains is Bonner as our stretch 4. Ideally he plays 2/3s of the regular season (which we all know he excels at), then gets traded at the deadline for a stretch 4 with balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm, I hope this is true. Love what Diaw brought to the team, and he can only get better the more he plays within the system, and Mills (who is from my home, Canberra) would be an ideal backup PG IMHO - instant offence, can handle the ball (unlike Neal), can also defend. Get it done!

The one concern that remains is Bonner as our stretch 4. Ideally he plays 2/3s of the regular season (which we all know he excels at), then gets traded at the deadline for a stretch 4 with balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Horry didn't have a terribly high career 3p% but he made shots, rebounded and defended well when it mattered most. Hopefully Diaw can do some of that things. Another option is to go small with Leonard at 4, since he's a good rebounder.

Assuming the risk of being unjust, Bonner has no business with the Spurs if the plan is to continue making the playoffs. At least not at 4M per season.
    Well, I don't want RS-only players. That's who Blair and Bonner are. You set rotations over 82 games, then have to toss everything out of the window because playoffs are hard

Tbh, the FO must put a playoffs rotation, where there are no pg's that can't handle the rock or defend, where there are starter SG's that disappear or air-ballers stretch bigs. Another problem is when the offense gets anemic.
    That's when you fall back to plan B: defense. But Pop isn't seemingly interested in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't want RS-only players. That's who Blair and Bonner are. You set rotations over 82 games, then have to toss everything out of the window because playoffs are hard

That's when you fall back to plan B: defense. But Pop isn't seemingly interested in that.
    But we got Danny Green back he will be our savior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like pretty much the same team plus Nando unless they work out a trade -- which does not at this time seem to be progressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny gets a break because it was his first playoff experience on a major role (did he even play in the playoffs in Cleveland?). Plus Danny can give you effort in other areas and he's not the last line of defense. Breaking down a perimeter player normally doesn't end in an automatic high percentage shot... bigs are a different story altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Camby for Bonner+Blair S&T... Camby-Splitter off the bench would be pretty good, IMO. Shame that it looks like he wants to go to Miami or Knicks.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like pretty much the same team plus Nando unless they work out a trade -- which does not at this time seem to be progressing.
    Even with a trade(getting rid of Bonner/Blair and getting back a decent PF) this team's ceiling is probably still the WCF...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Camby for Bonner+Blair S&T... Camby-Splitter off the bench would be pretty good, IMO. Shame that it looks like he wants to go to Miami or Knicks.
    It's already reported that he is going to the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, in the case the Spurs re-sign Mills and he proves to be a good pg, the Spurs should keep the core of:

Parker / Mills
    Leonard / Manu / Jack
    Duncan / Diaw

And trade anyone else to add an all-star big that defends well.

Pop could use rookies or Austin Toros players for the RS, it doesn't really matter. The improved talent will offset the lack of HCA.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think a trade with houston could still happen? spurs still have neal & joesphs to give & houston is kind of in need of some backcourt depth. Especially with lowry gone & lee starting to grab interest around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is reinventing the wheel this days. Eliminated the shooting practices some seasons ago, plays Bonner-Blair during the WCF critical game, goes to the playoffs with a 10 man rotation, refuses to play Splitter than Mills the following season, the defense is terrible since 2009, that's just a lot of issues.

I'm not sure what's going on. But well, the team made the WCF this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just feels like this is leading us to the same outcome in the playoffs. Lakers, Clippers getting better, OKC already beat us. Would just be nice to have another big against all those bigs on those teams
    did you make this exact same post on another site????

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...ml#post1282580

what's going on here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's already reported that he is going to the Knicks.
    Oh, well... Jamison and Kaman are probably off our price range...

There's Ian Mahinmi, Anthony Randolph, Nazr Mohamed, Spencer Hawes, Sam Young, Przybilla...

We could also take a flyer on Fesenko...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, well... Jamison and Kaman are probably off our price range...

There's Ian Mahinmi, Anthony Randolph, Nazr Mohamed, Spencer Hawes, Sam Young, Przybilla...

We could also take a flyer on Fesenko...
    Hawes already re-signed with philly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you make this exact same post on another site????

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...ml#post1282580

what's going on here?
    some of those responses. I bet they want the Spurs to start paying players with breakfast tacos.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think a trade with houston could still happen? spurs still have neal & joesphs to give & houston is kind of in need of some backcourt depth. Especially with lowry gone & lee starting to grab interest around the league.
    I'd be happy to trade Joseph (or Neal) for Jon Leuer.
    But my big question is what are we paying Diaw (and De Colo)? I'd love to see Bruno's suggestion to sweeten the BAE - a player option on the 2nd year... the full BAE with player option to Diaw, and a promise to hand him the full MLE next year if he wants it, would be awesome. Sign Diaw to that kind of BAE contract, chuck the full MLE at Kirilenko.
    I would actually be quite happy with our bigs at the start of a season for a change.
    TD, Splitter
    Kirilenko, Diaw, Leuer
    Kawhi (Kirilenko) Sjax
    Green Manu (SJax) Dentmon
    Parker (Manu) De Colo Mills?

as a 13 man roto is really nice...

Dump Bonner's chocked to death body in a ditch somewhere, and either keep or trade Blair for a pick. Similar with whichever of Neal and Joseph didn't get moved for Leuer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of those responses. I bet they want the Spurs to start paying players with breakfast tacos.
    Half their topic les are the same as the ones over here too (see TIMvp's le update on the lorbek thread http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...done-deal.html)

either a lot of common posters, or a bunch of swag-jackers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half their topic les are the same as the ones over here too (see TIMvp's le update on the lorbek thread http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...done-deal.html)

either a lot of common posters, or a bunch of swag-jackers
    They take stuff from over here and post it over there. That place is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really, really wish the Spurs could sign Boris to a one year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills hasn't demonstrated the ability to run the pick and roll in this offense. He doesn't set up his big and just all around takes bad angles which negates the point of the pick in the first place.

That being said his quickness is elite and his effort is commendable. Oh and he is a lights out shooter.

He is only 23 years old, only broke into the NBA in 2010, and plays a position that is noted for taking time to master. I would love to see him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked SR, but at some point they had a 'bot that made 20 news threads per day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD, Splitter
    Kirilenko, Diaw, Leuer
    Kawhi (Kirilenko) Sjax
    Green Manu (SJax) Dentmon
    Parker (Manu) De Colo Mills?

as a 13 man roto is really nice...
    What in the world? Why do you have Kirilenko in your possibilites?

Thread Information