Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Yoni will ever man up and define "hydrocarbon denial".

Or even tell me what technology is in the pipeline to get at all the hydrocarbons talked about in the OP.

I would be interested in reading about it.

Since Yoni has not bothered to show any such technology, he might as well hang his hat on magic to get at all that oil/gas.

The magic hydrocarbon unicorn will do it. Right?
    Enter fracking.

Although the shale formations talked about the OP won't work for the particular kinds of formation talked about in the OP, if memory serves.

We have massively increased our oil production, and the price is still far about $50 per barrel and that price is still dependent on what happens in the middle east.

The US will see a hubbert curve part 2, and that will wind down too, unless some new tech comes along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pseudoscientists cherry pick data that suits them, and ignore wider contexts.

This is the kind of thing that 9-11 twoofers have to do in order to maintain their inaccurate worldviews. Find the ONE bit of data to cling to, ignore anything else that contradicts it, and claim that anyone who puts forth data that contradicts this world view is part of the conspiracy.

Missing bits of context:
    What about the land ice?
    What is happening at the other pole?
    How thick is the sea ice? (volume has three dimensions, length, width and depth, so it is possible for something to be longer and wider, but still have less volume).

http://www.skepticalscience.com/arct...ic-sea-ice.htm

It's ironic that you post from this cartoonist's website. Same cartoonist tried to publish some pseudo-scientific drivel called "Recursive Fury: Conspiracist Ideation in the Blogosphere in Response to Research on Conspiracist Ideation", linking climate change skeptics to conspiracy nutters in something called "Frontiers in Psychology".

Paper was retracted.

http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journ...013.00073/full

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enter fracking.

Although the shale formations talked about the OP won't work for the particular kinds of formation talked about in the OP, if memory serves.

We have massively increased our oil production, and the price is still far about $50 per barrel and that price is still dependent on what happens in the middle east.

The US will see a hubbert curve part 2, and that will wind down too, unless some new tech comes along.
    gas, oil from rapid-depletion fracking is the Red Queen phenom, gotta keep investing, drilling,spending faster and faster just to stay in one place.

rate of consumption world-wide has exceeded rate of discovery for decades. cheap oil, like in Saudi Arabia, is long gone.

I'm absoluteley against US exporting gas and oil, two natural resources that belong to USA, not to BigOil's short-term profit taking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ironic that you post from this cartoonist's website. Same cartoonist tried to publish some pseudo-scientific drivel called "Recursive Fury: Conspiracist Ideation in the Blogosphere in Response to Research on Conspiracist Ideation", linking climate change skeptics to conspiracy nutters in something called "Frontiers in Psychology".

Paper was retracted.

http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journ...013.00073/full

In the light of a small number of complaints received following publication of the original research article cited above, Frontiers carried out a detailed investigation of the academic, ethical, and legal aspects of the work. This investigation did not identify any issues with the academic and ethical aspects of the study. It did, however, determine that the legal context is insufficiently clear and therefore Frontiers wishes to retract the published article. The authors understand this decision, while they stand by their article and regret the limitations on academic freedom which can be caused by legal factors.

http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journ...014.00293/full

They didn't have the money to fight the frivolous lawsuits, essentially.

That is how pseudos-scientists work. Thanks for bringing it up.

Thread Information