Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on ESPN Forecast, not only are the Warriors projected to finish as the #1 seed in the West, they're also the top pick to win the Western Conference championship. The Spurs, on the other hand, are only 2nd in both categories.

It's hard to argue against the defending champions, especially after they had such a historically great season. But the Spurs, who were the best team in the NBA after the all-star break, were only one Pelicans loss away from facing off against (and possibly beating them) in the WCF. And that Spurs team just added LaMarcus Aldridge and David West.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd pick the Spurs over the Warriors in a 7-game series this year, with or without homecourt advantage (assuming reasonable health). That would almost certainly make them the West conference favorites.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...champion-picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still some question mark with the spurs..Are they potentially a better team, sure.

But the warriros have won with the same group even though they had one of the easiest paths.

I know people are expecting west and aldridge to be perfect fits, and i think they are..but any new additions specially a star addition is always a question mark.

If you go back in 2011..Wade was still playing and trying to be the best player in the team.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Based on ESPN Forecast, not only are the Warriors projected to finish as the #1 seed in the West, they're also the top pick to win the Western Conference championship. The Spurs, on the other hand, are only 2nd in both categories.

It's hard to argue against the defending champions, especially after they had such a historically great season. But the Spurs, who were the best team in the NBA after the all-star break, were only one Pelicans loss away from facing off against (and possibly beating them) in the WCF. And that Spurs team just added LaMarcus Aldridge and David West.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd pick the Spurs over the Warriors in a 7-game series this year, with or without homecourt advantage (assuming reasonable health). That would almost certainly make them the West conference favorites.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...champion-picks
    You assume too much.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still some question mark with the spurs..Are they potentially a better team, sure.

But the warriros have won with the same group even though they had one of the easiest paths.

I know people are expecting west and aldridge to be perfect fits, and i think they are..but any new additions specially a star addition is always a question mark.

If you go back in 2011..Wade was still playing and trying to be the best player in the team.
    The Warriors did have a historically easy path... Spurs 2007 run and Lakers 2009 run probably tied for 2nd this century, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't underrate either team. It will be exciting. Obviously, ESPN will favor the Warriors, they are the defending champs and are a young team, with some guys still improving and adding to their bag of tricks. Like many here, I thought they had a relatively easy path last year, with so many playoff teams hobbled. Also, the Spurs match up well with them, Kawhi and Danny are very capable of giving them fits, as they are very perimeter oriented and undersized at power forward. I don't think Draymond will be able to stop our string of quality PFs. The key for the Spurs as always is health.

The bench this year is questionable too. I am excited about quite a few of our young guys, and quite honestly we will need at least one of them and maybe two to emerge as a good player. Personally, I am not counting on Manu too much. He was much diminished last year, very inconsistent, and at his age, I don't think he will re-surge. I am counting on any of McCallum, Simmons, Anderson or Fredette to come in with some fire. Timmy looked like the Duracell bunny, he can keep going, but Manu is in his last days TBH. More than anything, Manu worries me. I really, really hope one of these young guys gives the perimeter bench a pep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the warriors!!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAlpha gonna eat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors did have a historically easy path... Spurs 2007 run and Lakers 2009 run probably tied for 2nd this century, tbh
    yeah they did..But they did play against full teams on route to winning 67 games.

They're still a heck of a team and they have continuity on their side.

I think if the spurs can fit in Aldridge and west, we're the best team..But that's a question mark as with any star additions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if teams will finally stop playing the Warriors on second nights of back to backs...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If Tony doesn't get flambeed by Curry/Barnes then the Spurs have the advantage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are the defending champs it doesn't bother me that they are the favorites. I know a lot of people will criticize them for having an easy path and at times not looking dominant but remember the Lakers in '00 during the playoffs were not impressive. The Lakers built off of the '00 experience and were dominant in '01. You have to assume the Warriors will be mentally tougher and will be even more sharp come playoff time due to the experience they got from winning this year. I look at it as a bonus that the spurs are still contending even though Tim is in the twilight of his career.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They are the defending champs it doesn't bother me that they are the favorites. I know a lot of people will criticize them for having an easy path and at times not looking dominant but remember the Lakers in '00 during the playoffs were not impressive. The Lakers built off of the '00 experience and were dominant in '01. You have to assume the Warriors will be mentally tougher and will be even more sharp come playoff time due to the experience they got from winning this year. I look at it as a bonus that the spurs are still contending even though Tim is in the twilight of his career.
    The Lakers had Shaq at his absolute prime & Kobe entering his prime. Meanwhile the Warriors second best player is Klay Thompson. The Warriors are similar to the mid 2000s Pistons than the early 2000s Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Warriors winning back to back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers had Shaq at his absolute prime & Kobe entering his prime. Meanwhile the Warriors second best player is Klay Thompson. The Warriors are similar to the mid 2000s Pistons than the early 2000s Lakers.
    I definitely agree with what you said but you have to assume the Warriors will have a tougher resolve now that they have won a le. I thought the '04 Pistons would be an easy team for the Spurs to beat and were s shocked back then when they pushed the Spurs to 7. I learned from that '05 series you can't estimate the mental for ude of a defending champ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, hope Kawhi doesn't do the same and instead slides into his role player role letting LMA be the best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ how's austrailia dpoy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors dropped two games against LeBron and a bunch of D-Leaguers, no way they win back-to-back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tony doesn't get flambeed by Curry/Barnes then the Spurs have the advantage.
    Only one player on this team is a rag for Barnes... And it ain't Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, hope Kawhi doesn't do the same and instead slides into his role player role letting LMA be the best player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so explain why every h2h match up against elite team or top pg, enrique doesnt guard that opposition pg?
    Explain to us why did you create this account and are not posting on your original SN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so explain why every h2h match up against elite team or top pg, enrique doesnt guard that opposition pg?
    Because he's not a good defender like Matrix 2.0 isn't a first option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except Kawhi isn't the inferior and older player though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, the Spurs swapped:
    Aldridge for Splitter
    West for Baynes
    McCallum for Joseph
    Simmons for Williams
    (Fredette is trying to play his way onto the team)

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, the Spurs swapped:
    Aldridge for Splitter
    West for Baynes
    McCallum for Joseph
    Simmons for Williams
    (Fredette is trying to play his way onto the team)
    He would be the replacement for Beli. Add the fact that KA also looks ready to be a more productive player this year as well.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way GS beats the a Healthy Spurs team in a 7 games series. Green/Kawhi combo is kryptonite to Curry/Thompson. Now add in LMA, the ultimate Small Ball killing PF, it would be hard press for the Warriors to beat the Spurs, even if they had HC.

Thread Information