Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Although baseball is boring as ing to say these guys aren't phenomenal athletes is ridiculous. There probably isn't a single guy on this forum who can hit a 94 mph fastball. Not to mention baseball has fantastic athletes like Billy Hamilton, Griffey Jr, and Ricky Henderson.
    I wouldnt say boring bit its slow.
    That is why Vin Scully is so amazing ...his storytelling and wit without trying to hard helps make a 2-1 game feel epic.
    I also enjoy sovcer hated ut as a kid ...except plsying ...but the nuance and skill it takes should be appreciated same as with baseball i dont nornally watch fullgames matches etc of any sport except hoops and american football though but soccer is probably third ...on amount of time i spend watching over nhl and mlb

Oh forgot bixing ill watch all 12 rounds of a good fight too

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Although baseball is boring as ing to say these guys aren't phenomenal athletes is ridiculous. There probably isn't a single guy on this forum who can hit a 94 mph fastball. Not to mention baseball has fantastic athletes like Billy Hamilton, Griffey Jr, and Ricky Henderson.
    There are assholes on this forum who couldnt hit an 80 mph fastball. It's all about hand eye coordination and bat speed. And fielding the baseball isnt easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie, went into that article thinking okay . . .I'm sure there are some arguments because McHale did have aspects of his game that were better. But he's just doing a lot of cherry picking (while omitting tons of Duncan stuff) and throwing in lots of random bashes for no reason. It's like a big forum post lol. Lies too, claims less rebounds were available to get in the 80's as opposed to Duncan's teams. . .when Duncan typically played on a low pace team of maybe 90 which means less misses since less shots, meanwhile Celtics pace was 100+. . .so more shots, more misses, more rebounds.

Duncan TRB%: 18.4%, McHale: 13.2%. DRB%: 26.5% vs 16.9% lol. "Less rebounds to get". . ..

"I conservatively estimate that McHale's Celtics would have won no less than 8 NBA championships and been to the Finals 10 times in 13 years in today's NBA~"

Terrible homer article imo. Bad use of stats and tries to twist facts with lies and opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And beat the out of floptrot players in speed, strength, leaping ability.

"Stamina."

Even 102 year old run 10ks in 90 minutes

I'll take the one word reply as your concession.

I'll leave you with one of your floptrot players trying to play the great American sport of baseball:

And here's a baseball player easily doing some soccer tricks ing around on instagram:

And det 66" box jump.

Got any footage of naldo doing that?
    Holy that box jump! wow

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie, went into that article thinking okay . . .I'm sure there are some arguments because McHale did have aspects of his game that were better. But he's just doing a lot of cherry picking (while omitting tons of Duncan stuff) and throwing in lots of random bashes for no reason. It's like a big forum post lol. Lies too, claims less rebounds were available to get in the 80's as opposed to Duncan's teams. . .when Duncan typically played on a low pace team of maybe 90 which means less misses since less shots, meanwhile Celtics pace was 100+. . .so more shots, more misses, more rebounds.

Duncan TRB%: 18.4%, McHale: 13.2%. DRB%: 26.5% vs 16.9% lol. "Less rebounds to get". . ..

"I conservatively estimate that McHale's Celtics would have won no less than 8 NBA championships and been to the Finals 10 times in 13 years in today's NBA~"

Terrible homer article imo. Bad use of stats and tries to twist facts with lies and opinion.
    This.

Homer be Homerin'...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So clever having '21' reasons

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan being on that team from 1981 to 1999 changes a lot of basketball history, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit making up, bro.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7395516...stealing-speed

Trout's top speed ever recorded is 21.15mph.

But see, I won't take you task for your oversight because you got Trout's top speed from a quick google search, much like I got my 6'1", 190lb figure.

I also don't get why you don't trust a running blog to give a ball park estimate of Ronaldo's 40 yard dash time (split acceleration isn't some voodoo science)? If you don't like the figure, do your own calculations. However, given Ronaldo's top sprint mark of 20.9mph, I would say a 4.64-4.7 40 time is a fair estimate.

I find 20.9 mph unimpressive because I watch feats like this every night in baseball:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7395516...leg-out-triple

22.7mph while making a sweep turn

How does it feel that a "fatball" player is faster than every floptrot player in existence (Valencia and his "record" 21.8mph sprint speed )?
    their "calculations" for ronaldos time included bringing in usian bolt's time into their formula... its flat re ed

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Oh, and this more "making up."

Billy Hamilton's top speed is 23.3mph overall
    Hamilton isn't making the all-star team any time soon b/c he doesn't have skills to go along with his speed.

Dee Gordon was caught for being on the Ben Johnson regimen:

On April 29, 2016, Major League Baseball suspended Gordon for 80 games due to performance-enhancing drugs use. He tested positive for exogenous testosterone and clostebol.[2]
    GOAT Besibol player:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    McHale was legit, and decimated Hakeem in the '86 Finals, but no, not comparable to Duncan. The writer can talk about Kevin's PPG all he wants, but 80's basketball didn't employ many double teams. Furthermore, 80's ball was played at a faster pace.
    Zone defense was illegal pre-2004 so teams couldn't double post players before they catch the ball which is why the most dominant seasons by post players was pre-2004.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their "calculations" for ronaldos time included bringing in usian bolt's time into their formula... its flat re ed
    Come up with your own then.

Why are you so skeptical that Ronaldo's projected 40 time is in that range? It looks good to me.

Another example. Billy Hamilton holds the in game record for the fastest time from home to first at 3.3 seconds. As you know, that distance is 90 feet. Ronaldo ran the 25m (82 feet) sprint in 3.61 seconds.

Hamilton was never a football player, but he estimates he could run the 40 in around 4.3.

All we can do is estimate, but by all accounts, the 4.64-4.7 projection for Ronaldo looks reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamilton isn't making the all-star team any time soon b/c he doesn't have skills to go along with his speed.

Dee Gordon was caught for being on the Ben Johnson regimen:

GOAT Besibol player:

We're talking about athleticism not skills. And Hamilton would scorch every floptrot player in the world in a foot race.

And he might not even be the fastest MLB player.

Referencing players from the 20's before integration.

You can do better.

Willie Mays is the GOAT, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come up with your own then.

Why are you so skeptical that Ronaldo's projected 40 time is in that range? It looks good to me.

Another example. Billy Hamilton holds the in game record for the fastest time from home to first at 3.3 seconds. As you know, that distance is 90 feet. Ronaldo ran the 25m (82 feet) sprint in 3.61 seconds.

Hamilton was never a football player, but he estimates he could run the 40 in around 4.3.

All we can do is estimate, but by all accounts, the 4.64-4.7 projection for Ronaldo looks reasonable.
    if course it looks good to you. it feeds into confirmation bias

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We're talking about athleticism not skills. And Hamilton would scorch every floptrot player in the world in a foot race.

You can do better.

Willie Mays is the GOAT, though.

Though difficult to forget him wandering around in center field for the Mets. Lord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if course it looks good to you. it feeds into confirmation bias
    Then prove otherwise, Philo.

Try and logically argue that naldo would have a faster 40 time than that?

Here's how split times in the 40 yard typically go for sprinters in the NFL:

Athlete 1

10 yd - 1.59
    10-20 - 1.06
    20-40 -- 1.94
    40 yd - 4.59

Athlete 2

10 yd - 1.70
    10-20 - 1.05
    20-40 -- 1.95
    40 yd - 4.70

http://www.strengthcoach.com/public/1744.cfm

Let's give naldo the 20 yard split time in the first example of 1.94 (.97 seconds per ten yard split). Adding that ten yard split to his 25m (27 yard) time of 3.61 seconds, we get 4.58 seconds. And there's still 3 yards to go. 3 yards is 30% of 10 yards, .97 x .30 = .291 seconds. 4.58 + .291 = 4.871 seconds.

LOOKS ING GOOD. If anything, the blog I initially listed was probably being kind.

I await some Philo'ing. Be better if you just dealt with the fact that your soccer hero isn't really all that fast.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McHale was legit, and decimated Hakeem in the '86 Finals, but no, not comparable to Duncan.
    That fact alone would make him comparable.

There used to be an awesome McHale vs. Olajuwon 86 Finals vid on YT. I don't know what happened to it; but it was awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then prove otherwise, Philo.

Try and logically argue that naldo would have a faster 40 time than that?

Here's how split times in the 40 yard typically go for sprinters in the NFL:

Athlete 1

10 yd - 1.59
    10-20 - 1.06
    20-40 -- 1.94
    40 yd - 4.59

Athlete 2

10 yd - 1.70
    10-20 - 1.05
    20-40 -- 1.95
    40 yd - 4.70

http://www.strengthcoach.com/public/1744.cfm

Let's give naldo the 20 yard split time in the first example of 1.94 (.97 seconds per ten yard split). Adding that ten yard split to his 25m (27 yard) time of 3.61 seconds, we get 4.58 seconds. And there's still 3 yards to go. 3 yards is 30% of 10 yards, .97 x .30 = .291 seconds. 4.58 + .291 = 4.871 seconds.

LOOKS ING GOOD. If anything, the blog I initially listed was probably being kind.

I await some Philo'ing. Be better if you just dealt with the fact that your soccer hero isn't really all that fast.
    im not a povertyball fan at all ... equally boring to watch as beisbol. i'm just not buying that prince fielder runs faster than ronaldo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, killshot time. Finally found a breakdown of 10 meter splits.

40 yards = 36.6 meters.

Let's give naldo Bolt's 30-40m split time of .87 seconds (something I find ridiculous) to estimate how fast Ronaldo would run 25m to 35m.

3.61 + .87 = a 4.48 35m time. Still have 1.6 meters to go. .87 x .16 = .1392 seconds. 4.48 + .1392 = 4.61

So naldo would have to accelerate like Usain Bolt () to post a 4.61 second 40 time, which would be a slow 40 time for a position player at the NFL combine.

Yeah, he's not accelerating like Bolt. I don't know why the floptrot crew (Philo is now an honorary member) continues to come at me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol gots here thinking washboard stomach and being ripped = being athletic and skilled. More interested in fapping to a player's body than what the player can bring to the game.

Like anyone here ever played anything outside of HS ball and ever saw any playing time if they did.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Dumbass, the fastest 200m sprinter in the history Great Britain was a futbol player in the lower divisions. If there was such a thing as field running in futbol then he would have been playing for Real Madrid.

A sport which prides itself as being America's PAST-time while referring to the dark ages b/c the current state of the league is worse than segregation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not a povertyball fan at all ... equally boring to watch as beisbol. i'm just not buying that prince fielder runs faster than ronaldo
    Currently? Of course not.

When Prince was younger? Easily. See my latest post that illustrates that Ronaldo would have to accelerate like Usain Bolt to post a 4.6 40 yard dash time. The NFL combine is filled with 275lb-300lb fatass linemen who run the 40 in that range, so I don't get why you think it's a stretch that Prince, in high school, could run a 4.6-4.7ish 40?

We also have top speed data, as well. Ronaldo's top speed is 20.9 mph. Last year Prince topped out at 18.2 mph in the worst shape of his life.

Shredded, lean, and athletic looking doesn't = fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass, the fastest 200m sprinter in the history Great Britain was a futbol player in the lower divisions. If there was such a thing as field running in futbol then he would have been playing for Real Madrid.

A sport which prides itself as being America's PAST-time while referring to the dark ages b/c the current state of the league is worse than segregation.

Hasn't played soccer since 2011 and has been a fulltime sprinter ever since.
    "He's a soccer player, guys."

21 second 200m time as a teenager and he's not even the fastest guy on his own team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Orlando

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Let's give naldo Bolt's 30-40m split time of .87 seconds (something I find ridiculous) to estimate how fast Ronaldo would run 25m to 35m.

3.61 + .87 = a 4.48 35m time. Still have 1.6 meters to go. .87 x .16 = .1392 seconds. 4.48 + .1392 = 4.61

So naldo would have to accelerate like Usain Bolt () to post a 4.61 second 40 time, which would be a slow 40 time for a position player at the NFL combine.
    Dumbass, there are people who train for speed & there are those that train for speed-ENDURANCE. In Futbol you need BOTH speed & endurance to be a world class winger like Ronaldo. If you know anything about sprinting you would realize that Bolt would struggle to break 10 seconds consistently if he just trained for the 200m. Michael Johnson has the second fastest 100m split EVER but NEVER broke 10 second in a 100m dash so according to you he isn't a world class sprinter.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Hasn't played soccer since 2011 and has been a fulltime sprinter ever since.
    "He's a soccer player, guys."
    Why don't they have base runners in Futbol

21 second 200m time as a teenager and he's not even the fastest guy on his own team
    That will tell you all you need about how much speed training futbol players focus on when a guy who couldn't break 21 seconds breaks the record after 6 months training.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass, there are people who train for speed & there are those that train for speed-ENDURANCE. In Futbol you need BOTH speed & endurance to be a world class winger like Ronaldo. If you know anything about sprinting you would realize that Bolt would struggle to break 10 seconds consistently if he just trained for the 200m. Michael Johnson has the second fastest 100m split EVER but NEVER broke 10 second in a 100m dash so according to you he isn't a world class sprinter.

T-They train for it differently

I would bet you the moon that soccer players train up sprinting more than baseball players, especially considering the MLB season is 162 games with little time in between to workout intensively. , baseball players devote time to vision training. http://www.si.com/edge/2015/04/21/se...tampa-bay-rays

Look at all that sprinting!

And he's still faster than naldo.

Thread Information