Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idiots on PTR are almost as bad as stephan a smith.

Heres the deal. If Cory was so good, why didnt he get ANY minutes in the last 3 games of the playoffs, EVEN with an injured Parker?

I like joseph, I hated him his first 2 years, but he has shown improvement, and I do think hes going to get better.

With that being said, PAtty has better stats in almost everything, including rebounding, steals, and assist percentage rates. Mills gets better in the playoffs, and while cory, had an ok run last year, THIS YEAR HE DIDNT HAVE AN ASSIST. How in the do you proclaim you have a better point when HE DOESNT RECORD AN ASSIST? Same thing last year, Cory had 9 assists in 17 games and 90 minutes. How does that happen? I dont know, but the that comes off PTR is amazing, and the site should be shut down immediately. clowns
    If you're gonna be ridiculous about low sample size, HE SHOT 83%! How do you get rid of someone who shot 83% in the PLAYOFFS???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our offense was fine against the clips. we needed defense in that series.
    The games were close enough that a slight improvement in offense would have swung it. Green shooting 30% from 3 and Boris shooting 22% were killers, Boris especially because they didn't respect him outside and clogged the lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The games were close enough that a slight improvement in offense would have swung it. Green shooting 30% from 3 and Boris shooting 22% were killers, Boris especially because they didn't respect him outside and clogged the lane.
    I agree with you, Cojo would not have helped that situation at all. Patty was shooting VERY WELL, if he is in the game at the end of game 7 they win it IMO. Our O was the problem IMO, Beli and Mills the only ones who showed up from outside that series sides Green in game 7.
    not really, and if they saved us it's because we were down due to terrible defense in the first place. we scored plenty even in our losses. and cojo wouldn't of been a game changer but his defense was needed on cp3. paul was torching parker and mills and don't forget the game austin rivers absolutely destroyed patty off of the bench. cojo would of played was better d than mills on rivers.
    I thought they had Green on CP3 at times? That is the ideal match up you would want guarding him IMO. Cojo to me lacks too much on the O end to have him out there in that series, his D doesn't offset that fully IMO. I need to see him more I guess but the dude is just not that impressive for me and would not have swung the series. If Tony was out the last 3 minutes when he was missing badly and Mills in there I think we win the series. Patty's D is not that good though I agree as Corey's O is not that good, so it's a who do you pick type of thing for a situation. I don't know how good CJ would have been though since he did not play, all here say. Patty offsets his D at times though when he gets hot from outside, dude single handedly brought them back in a game where the starters did horrible and he gets inserted and it goes from down 17 to a tie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, Cojo would not have helped that situation at all. Patty was shooting VERY WELL, if he is in the game at the end of game 7 they win it IMO. Our O was the problem IMO, Beli and Mills the only ones who showed up from outside that series sides Green in game 7.
    You're probably right, Mills was lights out in the Clippers series. He is the kind of player who can paper over the cracks when the playmakers aren't producing by nailing 3's, but to me Joseph is the kind of player who can step up in to the playmaker role.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're gonna be ridiculous about low sample size, HE SHOT 83%! How do you get rid of someone who shot 83% in the PLAYOFFS???
    The point is he's not a high volume scorer and he didn't facilitate. He's a PG. To not record any assists, and limited the year before makes getting rid if him that much easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is he's not a high volume scorer and he didn't facilitate. He's a PG. To not record any assists, and limited the year before makes getting rid if him that much easier.
    Unfair to blame him for 'not facilitating' considering all his minutes came in blowouts in Game 1 and 3. It's also unfair to look as assists to judge who is a facilitator and who isn't, especially in the Spurs system. There's no question that overall, Joseph is better facilitator than Mills and Mills is a better 3 point shooter than Joseph

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfair to blame him for 'not facilitating' considering all his minutes came in blowouts in Game 1 and 3. It's also unfair to look as assists to judge who is a facilitator and who isn't, especially in the Spurs system. There's no question that overall, Joseph is better facilitator than Mills and Mills is a better 3 point shooter than Joseph
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a much better player than CoJo and I like CoJo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoJo has improved his game, but frankly, I'm tired of watching the offense hit the skids whenever he is on the floor. Being a marginally better defender doesn't mean much if you are letting the opponents sag off and play 5-on-4 on the other side of the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoJo has improved his game, but frankly, I'm tired of watching the offense hit the skids whenever he is on the floor. Being a marginally better defender doesn't mean much if you are letting the opponents sag off and play 5-on-4 on the other side of the floor.
    marginally?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to be more willing to shoot the open 3. It's strange for a player who shot over 40% from 3 in college and 48% from 3 in the D-League to be so tentative with it. I wonder if it's Pop holding him back. He even shot 50% on above-the-break 3s last season, going 7-14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think it's much of a hyperbole to say I'd rather have either one of them over Porky when you consider the contracts tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are both replaceable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep Joseph because he has improved not regressed. I love what Mills can do when he is HOT but that is the thing, he has to be in a zone to be effective. COJO has the ability to be the point guard this team needs in the future and he can play defense. No matter how you rationalize it, you cannot deny that COJO is the better player skill wise. I think he has earned his next paycheck especially earlier this year when everyone stunk except Duncan and he was the most consistent player we had. Sadly, I don't see the Spurs being able to keep him which is unfortunate because after he leaves you have no other point guards to turn to.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Cory wasnt even good enough to get in the game. By giving danny green big time money would be to completely go against the spurs stance of playing your players during the real season (playoffs).

The players who showed up this year in order of importance were:
    Duncan
    Mills-KL-Marco
    Manu
    Danny
    Boris
    EVERYONE ELSE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought they had Green on CP3 at times? That is the ideal match up you would want guarding him IMO. Cojo to me lacks too much on the O end to have him out there in that series, his D doesn't offset that fully IMO. I need to see him more I guess but the dude is just not that impressive for me and would not have swung the series. If Tony was out the last 3 minutes when he was missing badly and Mills in there I think we win the series. Patty's D is not that good though I agree as Corey's O is not that good, so it's a who do you pick type of thing for a situation. I don't know how good CJ would have been though since he did not play, all here say. Patty offsets his D at times though when he gets hot from outside, dude single handedly brought them back in a game where the starters did horrible and he gets inserted and it goes from down 17 to a tie.
    you do understand that while mills was hitting shots it was his lack of defense that had us down in the first place, right? mills is nothing special. other than hitting shots he doesn't do anything else particularity well. he's a smaller gary neal and our own mini jamal crawford. he is a chucker. every now and then he hits some crowd pleasing 3s but a lot of the times we are down because of his terrible defense. austin rivers absolutely murdered mills. you're telling me cojo (a solid proven defender) wouldnt of done a better job? our offense was fine. go back and check the scores, the spurs scored plenty even with green/parker/tiago bricking. it was lack of defense that cost us the series, not a lack of offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Cory wasnt even good enough to get in the game. By giving danny green big time money would be to completely go against the spurs stance of playing your players during the real season (playoffs).

The players who showed up this year in order of importance were:
    Duncan
    Mills-KL-Marco
    Manu
    Danny
    Boris
    EVERYONE ELSE
    sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't it be both? If Manu really is retiring, play them both in the 2nd unit and let Cory guard whichever small Patty can't.
    I've been saying this for a while. There's plenty of examples of PG sized guards who primarily defend SG's, from Bradley to Hinrich to Ellis to Harris to Bledsoe to Knight. Many of them do so in starting roles, too.

Pop loves Joseph, they've spent four years developing him and with Parker's decline/constantly being banged up, they need all the PG depth they can get. If Joseph goes, it'll either be as collateral damage of an Aldridge signing and Green re-signing or because he get's an off sheet that they're not comfortable with. It's not going to be because he'd be undersized defending SG's.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure what? Im not sure how you could disagree. Do you want to look at DWS or OWS in the playoffs this year? Points scored?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure what? Im not sure how you could disagree. Do you want to look at DWS or OWS in the playoffs this year? Points scored?
    how exactly did mills show up? he hit shots off then bench while getting destroyed on d. nothing special about that. he is supposed to be a pg yet had 8 total assist in 7 games manu is the backup SG and had 3 games with 6 assist and 1 with 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you score 10 but give up 10 you really had no impact on the game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how exactly did mills show up? he hit shots off then bench while getting destroyed on d. nothing special about that. he is supposed to be a pg yet had 8 total assist in 7 games manu is the backup SG and had 3 games with 6 assist and 1 with 7
    No, he's supposed to be a scoring PG, not a facilitating PG. It's sad that you dont understand his role.

Second, please show me, and everyone else, your "getting destroyed on d." He had .1 lower DWS than danny, who you claim to be an elite defender.

Mills had the highest TS and 3% on the team. Mills had the second highest PER. He had the highest WS/48. He had the second highest OWS. Highest ORat. He was a 109 Drating and Green was a 107. Not to mention he, like Marco, shot and made HUGE SHOTS when they mattered. To claim that Mills, or Marco didnt show up is ignorant. To throw out how manu had more assists than anyone is also equally as ignorant.

Thread Information