Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played soccer, rugby, basketball and used to swin... a lot

Training: from hardest to easiest for the body / stamina / what the you call it that is not skills. 1. Swimming 2. Soccer 3. Rugby and 4. Basketball
    Compe ion: 1. rugby and this is not even close (this sport is ing crazy, 2x40 mn of actions non stop) 2. Soccer 3. basketball 4. Swin

Now for the nerves/brain whatever you want to call it

Training: 1. Swimming and it's not even close, swimming during hours against yourself, no games, no scoring, no fun 2. the others
    Compe ion: 1. Swimming.... it is wait, do your stuff, wait, do your stuff, more wait... a day of compe ion is awfully long

I think beisbol is in same category than swimming for nerves/brain part... tough, very tough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I don't get the obsession of americans with the scoring and being entertained

Americans soccer haters don't get it and will never get it, it is simply impossible... it's like trying to convince most of planet earth that baseball is interesting... simply impossible

It is too much linked with culture both ways... you can get into NFL tbh I used to hate that game filled with 8 mn of playing time and 72 mn of adds but little by little I'm enjoying it. I will never ever enjoy baseball tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popular opinion is not on your side.

Tell me what is entertaining about a 3 hour game that you could watch in 15 minutes if you took out all of the standing around, pitching changes, talks on the mound, commercials, and balls? You literally get a return on your time investment of no more than 10% watching a fatbol game.
    Popular opinion is not on my side when I think Justin Bieber is a artist, as well.

What's entertaining about baseball?

Tension. And it's uniqueness in the sporting landscape.

"Oh boy. Another sport where a bunch of guys run around a field or court and try to put a ball in a goal!"

Basketball, soccer, hockey, and football are all spins on the same tired concept. I need to watch another goal sport like a need a hole in the head. Baseball's gameplay is completely different. There's no clock. Ball doesn't change possession after one team scores, which turns every inning into a defacto 4th quarter. Large scoring variation (you can score 1,2,3,4 runs on one play). Unpredictable scoring. You never know if a baseball game is going to end 1-0 or 15-14. Your great sport of soccer ends 1-0 50% of the time.

I don't need to see "stuff moving around" to be entertained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the return on time you get for soccer games that end in a tie or in PKs
    If you count halftime which you can just skip and go get food or take a or whatever, out of 105 minutes, probably close to 75%. Without halftime, closer to 90%. Injuries, post-goal celebrations, the occasional lull where the ball gets stuck in the midfield.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you count halftime which you can just skip and go get food or take a or whatever, out of 105 minutes, probably close to 75%. Without halftime, closer to 90%. Injuries, post-goal celebrations, the occasional lull where the ball gets stuck in the midfield.
    Shut tha up and deal with the fact his ass got stretched and ed...oops my bad I meant waived and stretched....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good luck in the lottery Kool .....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do know there's 3 throwing events in the decathlon?

The baseball squad would win by 10x the points (I've seen how pathetic soccer players are when they throw out the first pitch at a baseball game).

This is where you think the soccer players would make up ground in the sprint and jump events. Your misconception is that you think every team's bottom of the roster is filled with Bartolo Colon types, and you and the soccer crew still haven't gotten it throw your thick skulls that Bartolo, Sandoval, etc are not typical players. As I stated before, the average BMI of a baseball team is only 1 point less than that of a soccer team in the EPL.

Most position players in baseball can hit 18mph+ top speed (beating out throws is a pretty important part of the game), with the fastest topping out faster than any floptrot player in history. Leaping ability is also important for robbing hits. This leaves the soccer squad having to make up a load of ground in the 1500, and sorry, but running a good mile time isn't all that hard to do.

This guy:

Against this guy in a decathlon:

"Wide ass margin."
    Why post the individual pictures of two guys to try to make a point in this argument? That's kindergarten level debating skills.

You know how easy is for me to pick the photo of one of the many overweight or old as MLB players and compare it to a ripped soccer player? Wouldn't mean though, but it would be easy.

On a MLB roster of about 30 players, a little less than half are pitchers. That's a huge handicap. And then you have the Davids Ortiz and Pablos Sandoval.

Let's check the decathlon's compe ions:

100 metres - The fastest MLB player might be faster than the fastest soccer player but the many big liabilities that you can encounter in a MLB roster would bring their average way down. Winner: Soccer.

Long jump - idem. Winner: Soccer.

Shot put - I reckon this should be a compe ion MLB players should dominate. Winner: Baseball.

High jump - idem 1 and 2. Soccer.

400 metres - lol. Soccer.

110 metres hurdles - double lol. Soccer

Discus throw - Baseball

Pole vault - Poles would probably break on MLB players attempts . Soccer

Javelin throw - I'm giving all the throwing to baseball although this and throwing a baseball aren't very similar, tbh. Baseball

1500 metres - yeah well, you know Soccer

Soccer 7 - Baseball 3

Pretty clean kill, tbh. I don't know how you are going to do to try to spin this more than reasonable assumptions but I'm sure you will give it a try. Afterall, you are the only guy I know arguing that baseball players are more athletic than soccer players.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Back fire !!!!!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Quite honestly, I don't understand this.

Warren Sapp, Dana Stubblefield, Vince Wilfork, Reggie White, Larry Allen, Cortez Kennedy, and countless others. Clinically obese NFL (defensive)MVPs and Hall of Famers.

George Foreman: Won the world le at 45 and near obesity.

Rulan Gardner. Olympic Gold Medal winning wrestler. Obese.

A lot Rugby props are also obese.

A better question for floptrot fans is why they equate physique with athleticism and skill? I'm not sure fans of any other sport have a fetish like this for "shredded" men.
    You are the one who literally just did that:

This guy:

Against this guy in a decathlon:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Omg baby stretch me, me, waive me

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good luck in the lottery Kool

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gee thanks Mid!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NFL comparison makes no sense. It's advantageous for players at certain positions to be heavier/stronger for obvious reasons. There isn't any advantage to being an overweight pitcher or batter.
    That's why those players aren't very good.

Sandoval is on the DL. CC was in rehab, and below replacement level. Prince is a replacement level player. Colon has been below replacement level for the past 4 seasons. Other than a few outliers, the average size of an MLB player is 6'2" 190, so I don't get the "fatball" designation. It's like calling soccer "midgetball" because a few players are 5'3".

I would also argue that while being obese is never an advantage in baseball, being "thick" like David Ortiz or Miguel Cabrera is an advantage for a power hitter.

Also, people, primarily soccer fans, do think the NFL is a "joke" because there are specific positions where being obese is an advantage. I think their argument is in' stupid, but I don't fetishize shredded men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popular opinion is not on my side when I think Justin Bieber is a artist, as well.

What's entertaining about baseball?

"Oh boy. Another sport where a bunch of guys run around a field or court and try to put a ball in a goal!"

Basketball, soccer, hockey, and football are all spins on the same tired concept. I need to watch another goal sport like a need a hole in the head. Baseball's gameplay is completely different. There's no clock. Ball doesn't change possession after one team scores, which turns every inning into a defacto 4th quarter. Large scoring variation (you can score 1,2,3,4 runs on one play). Unpredictable scoring. You never know if a baseball game is going to end 1-0 or 15-14. Your great sport of soccer ends 1-0 50% of the time.

I don't need to see "stuff moving around" to be entertained.
    That's funny you say that because tension is a significant ingredient in soccer... the fact a lot of games end with 1/0 makes watching a game very tense because scoring is rare so release of tension is huge when your team score and tension skyrocket when your team takes one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs Pimped A Hoe..... ed him....Stretched him....and then Kicked his hoe ass out on the streets

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    out getting plowed while Kobe will be honored tonight at the Espy's..... went out like a ...on his knees with a bag of peanuts....the white man ed that raw...gave em what he wanted....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm ing all you es in this thread

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Popular opinion is not on your side.

Tell me what is entertaining about a 3 hour game that you could watch in 15 minutes if you took out all of the standing around, pitching changes, talks on the mound, commercials, and balls? You literally get a return on your time investment of no more than 10% watching a fatbol game.
    "Popular opinion"

All but one of Nickelback's albums have gone platinum, Call of Duty sells a load of copies every year, and the umpteenth boring sequel to a sequel from Marvel will still make bank at the box office. Floptrot is popular in many parts of the world because it's simple enough for the lowest common denominator to grasp, not because it's better than real sports like baseball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't refuse to accept the possibility or you don't accept the possibility? I'm not sure what you're saying.
    I don't refuse to accept the possibility. To each his own, tbh.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "Popular opinion"

All but one of Nickelback's albums have gone platinum, Call of Duty sells a load of copies every year, and the umpteenth boring sequel to a sequel from Marvel will still make bank at the box office. Floptrot is popular in many parts of the world because it's simple enough for the lowest common denominator to grasp, not because it's better than real sports like baseball.
    soccer fans using popularity as an argument
    soccer = Kim kardashian

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Popular opinion"

How does my ass taste you ing simp

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't refuse to accept the possibility. To each his own, tbh.

FTR, I find both sports equally unappealing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tension, as if that is unique to fatbol in this debate when you're constantly berating tie scores and shootouts. The only tension I see is in their waistbands. And its gameplay is "unique" for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why post the individual pictures of two guys to try to make a point in this argument? That's kindergarten level debating skills.

You know how easy is for me to pick the photo of one of the many overweight or old as MLB players and compare it to a ripped soccer player? Wouldn't mean though, but it would be easy.

On a MLB roster of about 30 players, a little less than half are pitchers. That's a huge handicap. And then you have the Davids Ortiz and Pablos Sandoval.

Let's check the decathlon's compe ions:

100 metres - The fastest MLB player might be faster than the fastest soccer player but the many big liabilities that you can encounter in a MLB roster would bring their average way down. Winner: Soccer.

Long jump - idem. Winner: Soccer.

Shot put - I reckon this should be a compe ion MLB players should dominate. Winner: Baseball.

High jump - idem 1 and 2. Soccer.

400 metres - lol. Soccer.

110 metres hurdles - double lol. Soccer

Discus throw - Baseball

Pole vault - Poles would probably break on MLB players attempts . Soccer

Javelin throw - I'm giving all the throwing to baseball although this and throwing a baseball aren't very similar, tbh. Baseball

1500 metres - yeah well, you know Soccer

Soccer 7 - Baseball 3

Pretty clean kill, tbh. I don't know how you are going to do to try to spin this more than reasonable assumptions but I'm sure you will give it a try. Afterall, you are the only guy I know arguing that baseball players are more athletic than soccer players.
    You're still coming up with your predictions based on your silly idea that there's 5 Bartolo Colons on every team.

Average height/weight of an MLB player: 6'2" 190lb.

Greatest decathlete the world has ever seen (Aston Eaton): 6'1" 185.

Fun fact: You need muscle mass for explosiveness. So your idea of the "fatties" dragging down the top baseball athletes can easily be applied to the midgets and twigs dragging down the soccer squad. Messi or Valbuena running the hurdles or doing well in the high and long jump.

Another fun fact: MLB teams want position players running a 6.9 second 60 yard dash. We know Ronaldo runs 82 feet in 3.61 seconds. Do the math.

Quit thinking MLB rosters have a bunch of Colons and Sandovals on the team.

The KC Royals would absolutely murder the most athletic soccer team on the planet. You got 4 guys on that team that would rate in the top ten fastest soccer player list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the rest of the world starts up leagues with teams that are capable of beating the NBA or MLB champions in a 7-game series, then they can call themselves the world champions.

Notice how floptrot fans never about the name of the World Cup, despite the fact that many of the world's biggest and most important countries don't give a about the "sport."
    But they all can play it son. They try to qualify for it and .

Regarding the first part: teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid are more stacked than any NT team, yet when the Spanish champion is crowned they don't go around calling themselves World Champions.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-13-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Thread Information