Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I noticed while looking at the early shootaround was that Jacque Vaughn was very active working with the point guards, he was the most enthusiastic assistant coach out there, getting involved with the drills he ordered, great add for the coaching staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That probably explains why Pop was so "high" on getting him added to the staff. Regardless of whether the Spurs keep CJ or Temple, there is no doubt that the winner of the backup PG spot, will certainly benefit from the tutelage of Vaughn.

inSPURation
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or does Blair seem to be a bit quicker this year?
    Maybe it's that spurs diet thing going on...

nice game for Blair while matching up against kaman and Griffin!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or does Blair seem to be a bit quicker this year?
    Maybe it's that spurs diet thing going on...

nice game for Blair while matching up against kaman and Griffin!!!
    There is no doubt that Blair is clearly quicker than he was in his rookie season. This can likely attributed to the new "thin is in" mantra, where he's literally cut his body fat in half, down to about 8%. An improved outside shot will allow him to pull his defender further away from the basket. With his improved quickness, he should have no trouble taking suckas off the dribble.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will decide Blair's greatness is his defense, and that's all between his ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The all-around athleticism of the Clippers really highlighted another, continuing point of weakness on the Spurs - their inability to defend athletic players. Whether it was outside on the perimeter or inside the paint, this Spurs team just looked a step or two slow defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The all-around athleticism of the Clippers really highlighted another, continuing point of weakness on the Spurs - their inability to defend athletic players. Whether it was outside on the perimeter or inside the paint, this Spurs team just looked a step or two slow defensively.
    I didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the play by play the Clippers had a ton of Alley Oops and put backs. That needs to be worked on ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the play by play the Clippers had a ton of Alley Oops and put backs. That needs to be worked on ASAP.
    Jordan was having his way because Bonner guarding him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am so glad I kept watching the game . . . the reserves did a great job getting the Spurs back in the game and what a finish! Very entertaining. Couple of thoughts:
    Bonner is proving with each passing game that he doesn't deserve heavy minutes and should only be used in favorable match ups and situationally.
    RJ is putting it together. It ain't gonna happen over night, but I can see a difference in his at ude and body language. His shooting mechanics have improved and it's only a matter of time before those shots go down. He had a couple of "old RJ" moments, but I'm not ready to hit the panic switch yet.
    Blair deserves heavy minutes this year. This kid is a winner and I love the "Beast Fundamental" tandem. He will have a few match up problems during the season, as evidenced by Deandre Jordan taking him to the rack a few times, but he more often than not, can outplay his opponent.
    James Anderson is good . . . and he is going to get a lot better. I'm giddy.
    I'm not as down on Simmons as everyone else seems to be. I can see a steady improvement there. He has a natural sense of where to be and he doesn't make a lot of big mistakes. The loss of athleticism is a concern and it's hard to say if that is something that is gone for good, or that might come back as he plays himself into shape. The blown gimme layup is not a good sign and the clock is ticking. All in all, I would rather see Jarvis Hayes out there.
    Curtis Jerrells is flat out ballin' right now and Temple looks like he has no business anywhere near a basketball. Period.
    Despite hitting the game winner, I just don't see a place on this team for Gary Neal. There are other guys that deserve the time. I'm not impressed.
    Gist's charge was the single best thing I've ever seen him do. Is it enough?
    Cousins has been impressive in the first two games, but showed why he is Austin bound in this game. There is some potential there though.
    The big three? Tony better not be seriously injured. Manu is active, but not really producing. I hope Tim looks this good in April.

Edit: I forgot George Hill . . . welcome to the season, George.
    Last edited by ohmwrecker; 10-13-2010 at 12:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, I'm eating crow about my opinion of Jerrells. He needs to be stay on the team. He showed so much hustle last night that it took me by surprise. His shot looks good, his speed and size and defensive intensity are all there. It looks like he really wants to be there.

Temple has been a complete disaster so far. What happened to him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about that Griffin/Blair match up? What a treat this early in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what post moves did Blair use (I saw the spin move that failed)? I missed 6 of his made shots, I only saw the crazy And1 layup, the jumper, and the putback where it looked like he stole the ball from Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the reason Pop was expiermenting with a zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what post moves did Blair use (I saw the spin move that failed)? I missed 6 of his made shots, I only saw the crazy And1 layup, the jumper, and the putback where it looked like he stole the ball from Hill.
    He had an and1 play right off TD's book, where he took and made a banker while drawing a foul on Griffin who had his arm extended low. I think he missed the bonus free throw though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also hit another one of those spin-and-shoot moves that he uses to get separation. He's definitely practiced that (I remember him going to it last season as well), but it's such a flat shot that it almost comes off like a hook, and I don't know if he'll be able to get that off or in efficiently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was having his way because Bonner guarding him.
    And because of an ugly display of zone defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta love the way Blair has looked so far this pre-season. The guy really slimmed down and worked on his game to the max. And even for his size, he is a damn beast to be reckoned with in the post. Props to him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I noticed while looking at the early shootaround was that Jacque Vaughn was very active working with the point guards, he was the most enthusiastic assistant coach out there, getting involved with the drills he ordered, great add for the coaching staff.
    Nice call. Vaughn always seemed to be the type who'd be a great mentor/coach. Good stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was guarding Griffin?
    (or is that who wasn't guarding Griffin?)
    Could it be.......RJ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was guarding Griffin?
    (or is that who wasn't guarding Griffin?)
    Could it be.......RJ?
    Watch a game every once in a while, numbnuts.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice call. Vaughn always seemed to be the type who'd be a great mentor/coach. Good stuff.
    Oh , don't say the M word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have a good look at Anderson and can shed some light on his game thus far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch a game every once in a while, numbnuts.
    Have a life.

You watched it and still don't know.
    Who did you root for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a life.

You watched it and still don't know.
    Who did you root for?
    Seriously? Bonner and Blair guarded Blake, mostly. I didn't take you seriously.

Ask a stupid question . . . .

Thread Information