My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ol' sport better not be another Ayres

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was funny then, still funny now

I cannot wait the De Colo threads when he will have two or three good games in a row

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, Raptors swap reserves

Spurs get: Austin Daye

Raptors get: Nando de Colo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

San Antonio Spurs: B

Daye has shown flashes of promise during his five-year NBA career, entirely tied to his 3-point percentage. When he makes at least 40 percent of his 3s, as he did in 2011-12 with the Detroit Pistons and last season after being traded to the Memphis Grizzlies in January, he can be a useful rotation player. When he's not hitting -- this season he was 0-of-8 beyond the arc in limited action -- he's unplayable. Given Daye's size (6-11) and shot-blocking prowess, the tools are there for him to develop into a 3-and-D player. It's easy to see why the Spurs were interested. Alternatively, if Daye can't turn into a consistent defender in San Antonio's scheme, it's probably never going to happen.

From Espn insider [Toronto got a B- for acquiring Nando]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money move. Even if you add this year's salary, plus the $250K he's due next year, it's still less than DeColo's salary for this year. He's also an asset that could be flipped during the draft or free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye-O!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money move. Even if you add this year's salary, plus the $250K he's due next year, it's still less than DeColo's salary for this year. He's also an asset that could be flipped during the draft or free agency.
    I don't know if he can currently be called an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he can currently be called an asset.
    Pardonez moi. His scantily guaranteed CONTRACT could be an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As De Colo wasn't good enough to get off the bench most of the time, I don't see a big problem with trying a 6'11' SF. The worst that can happen is he takes Nando's place on the pine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As De Colo wasn't good enough to get off the bench most of the time, I don't see a big problem with trying a 6'11' SF. The worst that can happen is he takes Nando's place on the pine.
    I'd say that was a darn near certainty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he would become the next Manu tbh
    Marco Belinelli has a better chance of becoming the next Manu than Nando De Colo tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure if you take proration into account, the Spurs pay money. Plus money next year is more valuable than money this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure if you take proration into account, the Spurs pay money. Plus money next year is more valuable than money this year.
    You're right. With only .33 of the season left, the Spurs would be slight payers if they don't flip him during the draft or FA period, to the tune of ~$100K or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. With only .33 of the season left, the Spurs would be slight payers if they don't flip him during the draft or FA period, to the tune of ~$100K or so.
    Yeah. It's a small price if they want to get a look at Daye, or if a pick we don't know about changed hands.

Bruno said the Spurs also got a TE, which would be worth the money by itself. But I'm skeptical of that. Because each team had 15 players on their roster, the Spurs had to treat the trade as a simultaneous deal, so they shouldn't have been able to use the min exception. Toronto should not have been able to use a TE for the same reason. Is there a flaw in this reasoning?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. It's a small price if they want to get a look at Daye, or if a pick we don't know about changed hands.

Bruno said the Spurs also got a TE, which would be worth the money by itself. But I'm skeptical of that. Because each team had 15 players on their roster, the Spurs had to treat the trade as a simultaneous deal, so they shouldn't have been able to use the min exception. Toronto should not have been able to use a TE for the same reason. Is there a flaw in this reasoning?
    I thought you got a TE if the salaries were imbalanced. DeColo is making 1.4M, and Daye 950K this season. Shouldn't that generate a 450K TE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you got a TE if the salaries were imbalanced. DeColo is making 1.4M, and Daye 950K this season. Shouldn't that generate a 450K TE?
    Maybe. He said one for $1.5 Million, though. He didn't mean just that small one. The only good thing about that TE is it would allow the team to claim a rookie cut off waivers. Better than nothing, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. He said one for $1.5 Million, though. He didn't mean just that small one. The only good thing about that TE is it would allow the team to claim a rookie cut off waivers. Better than nothing, I guess.
    I don't see that, but I can't rule it out, either, after the intricacies of that GS/LAL trade that allowed a player to be paired with another before the expiration of the waiting period because of a technicality in the CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that, but I can't rule it out, either, after the intricacies of that GS/LAL trade that allowed a player to be paired with another before the expiration of the waiting period because of a technicality in the CBA.
    That happened because GS had an open roster spot and could use the min exception. So they got a $2.7 Million TE instead of a $2 Million one. Had the Spurs waived Brown, they could have gotten then full TE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy looks eerily like a very poor man's tayshaun prince at least physique-wise and coordination or lack thereof-wise. Mediocre at best but hopefully something slightly better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    soft jumpshooter. But he's long and young so he'll be tried out to support Kawhi's assignments

why are ppl comparing him to ayres, dude is a toothpick. Ayres is a big body (who happens to suck)

Hater's best case scenario: Tayshaun Prince/Andrea Barganini
    Hater's worst case scenario: Adam Morrison
    how the can you put bargnani and prince in the same comparison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all on his defense but his Defensive Win Share is solid throughout his career. We might very well have acquired him to guard Durant.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dayeau01.html

Thread Information