CA River Plate
    Post Count
    DAF86 has yet to make an appearance today

At least Canyonero was man enough to show up
    No shame in recognizing the best defense/midfield won tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi won a treble two years ago, something Ronaldo has ever done.
    Son misty > penaldo for any non mentally impaired fan but let's not act like a treble > b2b UCLs or winning the UCL with 2 different teams and systems, playing different roles.

And since we're talking accomplishments penaldo won the 2nd hardest tournament in the game (Euro) with a team while misty hasn't one the copa america in 3 tries as the sole contender .. so tbh the achievement comparison isn't kind to misty here. The reality of what we're seeing here is that misty is quite system dependent.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Didn't watch, tbh. Congrats to all Madrid fans.
    o

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Son misty > penaldo for any non mentally impaired fan but let's not act like a treble > b2b UCLs or winning the UCL with 2 different teams and systems, playing different roles.

And since we're talking accomplishments penaldo won the 2nd hardest tournament in the game (Euro) with a team while misty hasn't one the copa america in 3 tries as the sole contender .. so tbh the achievement comparison isn't kind to misty here. The reality of what we're seeing here is that misty is quite system dependent.
    Back to back CL is definitely better than a treble but if we are being realistic about the euro that might have been the weakest euro of the last 49 years in a time when you had more crappy teams making it and the only reason Portugal qualified is because they changed the rules to allow more teams in the knockout stage otherwise it would have been s pretty embracing exit for Ronaldo. They also had the easiest bracket and they won a final WITHOUT him. I think they looked better without him in that match than any other game in that tourney. Ronaldo getting injured screwed up France's gameplan.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    My Kabyle

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    saw him in person last summer

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    saw him in person last summer
    I might've cried tbh. My second fav player of all time (behind Henry).

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    didnt Ronaldo started to win at realmadrid after bale signing? mein

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I might've cried tbh. My second fav player of all time (behind Henry).
    Will post pic when not too lazy

didnt Ronaldo started to win at realmadrid after bale signing? mein

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Juventus lost the battle in the midfield, just like in 2015.

Modric was absolutely brilliant in the final, and deserves as much credit as Ronaldo is getting.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    People like talking about the Bale deal but the one for Modric was a ing steal for Madrid

Spurs

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    People like talking about the Bale deal but the one for Modric was a ing steal for Madrid

Spurs

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    po tino

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Juventus lost the battle in the midfield, just like in 2015.

Modric was absolutely brilliant in the final, and deserves as much credit as Ronaldo is getting.
    If anything the underrated hero of the finals (and real's season) is their defense, as they are permanently understaffed back there and still hold out against an exceptional juventus attack, enabling the real attack to put real pressure on juventus and winning them the match indirectly. Imo the key difference between real and barcelona is that real can get away with a couple of defenders against world class compe ion. That's why real can put so much pressure on offense, because they defend properly with less people.

Tldr ramos and varane they are reaaally underrated.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bentaleb, whi won a couple of young player of the month awards this season, just won the BuLi goal of the season award

Po tino
    hotspurms

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    If anything the underrated hero of the finals (and real's season) is their defense, as they are permanently understaffed back there and still hold out against an exceptional juventus attack, enabling the real attack to put real pressure on juventus and winning them the match indirectly. Imo the key difference between real and barcelona is that real can get away with a couple of defenders against world class compe ion. That's why real can put so much pressure on offense, because they defend properly with less people.

Tldr ramos and varane they are reaaally underrated.
    Don't tell that to apolosac_9, he thinks Barca's defense is better than Real's

Real rarely keep clean sheets, but they rarely get battered giving up 3 or 4 goals in a match like Barca have multiple times this season.

Thread Information